Commoner or Noble Tenkai

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
EternalOnslaught

Re: Commoner or Noble Tenkai

Post by EternalOnslaught »

Themes can be a good thing, but it would be nice to actually see a commoner make one of his own. Establish his own bloodline, the past main characters pretty much had their inheritance to help them along the way. Thomas might not fit into this equation completely, everything can't be perfect, consider S3 to stray from the theme a little bit.

But it would be interesting to see something a tad different. Everyone has to start from some where, to establish themselves in the world, others do it a lot better, by becoming rulers and creating a royal bloodline.
Sandalphon - Senso Suikoden
Pokerface

Post by Pokerface »

Well the Suikoden world needs more Characters like Geddoe. He belongs to the group of favourites.

But yes... a rough neck of a commoner would be nice. No contact to nobility or royalty tilll the age of 18 or something. I have sooo many ideas but too bad that I don't work for Konami. Well here are some examples for male commoners:

-son of a fisherman living in a small house at the beach.
-son of a hunter living in a hut in the middle of the forest.
-thief who steals to survive in the slums and underworld from... hmm let's say Vinay del Zexay (I love that city)
-a smuggler....

And now my ideas of female commoners:

-daughter of a farmer, living somewhere in the pampa.
-daughter of a merchant living in a small town.
-female thief
-a Concubine working for the Count of that region

Well I would prefere main heroes who are criminals... before they get their runes and completely change their way of life. You know what I mean? I want 1 or 2 chapters as the "rough neck commoner" (look above) just to see how he lives and then the rune chapter :)

Pokerface
Mess with the best, die like the rest!
http://www.suikoden3.de
JCreed

Post by JCreed »

What about the middle class? The character would be a son of a rich merchant and have a few bodyguards. Then a war would break out and he would be sent to a small fort where he would first be a captain and later become the leader of the fort. And for some reason he'd rebel or something and had to unite the clans eh.. I mean the land.
Pokerface

Post by Pokerface »

Yes, the middle class would also be awesome, but we all know in the middle ages were no middle class isn't it? :) Well I would like to have a good combination of those things I listed above.

Pokerface
Mess with the best, die like the rest!
http://www.suikoden3.de
JCreed

Post by JCreed »

Pokerface wrote:but we all know in the middle ages were no middle class isn't it? :)

Pokerface
Actually there was.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bourgeoisie
Geddoe 2099

Post by Geddoe 2099 »

I too like to see a slightly older, 18yrs old or so, character who isn't tied or linked to nobility in anyway.

Maybe a character like Suiko 5's Roy. Suiko 2's Sheena, etc. Maybe even a womanizer type of guy, like Suiko 5's Kyle.

But for one thing though, I'm tired of the Bishi type boy characters. Need one that has no question-- like what Square done with Cloud.

In fact, a commoner trying to become some sort of elite soldier or marine wouldn't be a bad idea.
Wade Aznable

Post by Wade Aznable »

I too like to see a slightly older, 18yrs old or so, character who isn't tied or linked to nobility in anyway. Maybe a character like Suiko 5's Roy. Suiko 2's Sheena, etc
A slightly older tenkai would be good, but commoner? Mmmmhhh....
One of the good things of the suiko games is that they are not "mainstream", and in some ways break the RPG stereotypes that we have seen quite everywhere - and what's more stereotype that the commoner raising from ashes to triumph? We have seen that zillion of times in movies, novels, anime and videogames... so, as far as suiko is concerned, thumbs up for nobility!

BTW, Sheena is son of President Lepant, who is nobility... and was nobility also before becoming president
May you live interesting times...
Gen. Dirge

Post by Gen. Dirge »

I want to see a down-trodden, miserable and broken beggar for a Tenkai.......no family.....no friends......nothing. And then seek revenge......(I've been repeating this post for more than three times today....).....
"I wish that days like this could just go on forever....." -Snowe Vingerhut

http://www.kian-sama.deviantart.com | http://saintdouchebag.tumblr.com/
Hey babycakes ;D
Mikain Clan King

Re:

Post by Mikain Clan King »

Falenan_descent wrote:I would love the next Suikoden Tenkai to be a street kid. Show a real turn-around from the streets to the big, bad leader of the new Army :P Wouldn't that be fun? And he grows a lot as he encounters new things. But I guess for that to work he would have to be NON-SILENT and actually speak. Otherwise he has a set personality. Blah.
Sorry but for some reason that keeps making me thing of a Suikoden 6 being in present time and a lil kid coming from the hood and using his rune to pop some caps in the enemy forces...AKA Iraq :cry: but I'm completly sure thats not what you meant...

(If this offended anyone I'm sorry and wasn't trying to be racist or anything in anyway)
"The duel with Genkaku.... It continues here....."
-Han Cunningham

"This is your final test... Can you win this time, Riou?"
-Leon Silverburg