Suikoden VI hero weapon

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
Kranach

Re: Suikoden VI hero weapon

Post by Kranach »

why not a shape shifting weapon like the kogan anki from flame of recca. since people have been talking about multiple weapons and how frey's weapon had three forms. so just make a puzzle type weapon which can become a S, M or L type.
Suikoden I - Fuma/Kage/Kasumi
Suikoden II - Mondo/sasuke/Kasumi
Suikoden III - Landis/Watari/Ayame
Suikoden IV - Akaghi/Mizuki/Kate
Suikoden V - Shigure/Sagiri/Raven
Belcoot4

Post by Belcoot4 »

I liked how Tierkreis introduced a lot of different types of weapons which gave me ideas for SVI. Considering most of the Tenkais' are medium M types I wouldn't mind seeing the new hero use a sythe or a type of spear. I also really liked the idea of Kamas I used them a lot in Tae Kwan Do they're really cool and can do many things with them. I'm not really with the long ranged weapons unless they are retractable in some way beacuse what kind of hero doesn't get face to face with the enemy when they're fighting. Another reason is for the duels it just would'nt be as interesting as steel clashing. In SIII when Watari and Ayame dueled I thought it was really lame that he was just shooting darts at her. I'm not really sure if anyone mentioned this but I wouldn't mind seeing Knumchucks they're really cool and easy to defend with. Unless the next Tenkai is an older male maybe 22+ I'd say make them a short character who can either use a two-handed sword or wield two swords in both hands like Lazlo, the options with two swords is unlimited so it probaly wouldnt feel overused if they did it again.
"Even the dead reveal their secrets to me." Yuber

"I have not lived long enough to become a myth." Chris Lightfellow

"They betrayed us and fled. Cowards." Zegai
Benthos

Post by Benthos »

What about this kind of weapon?

[img=http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/7213/machetep.jpg]

It's a kind of machete. I think it's cool.
StalkerPizza

Post by StalkerPizza »

Maybe a Spear or Hammer?
The silent voice within one's heart whispers the most profound wisdom
-Nyx Avatar from Persona 3-
Icegryphon
Banned User

Post by Icegryphon »

I think they should change your main character from a girl young boy with a blunt finesse weapon into something else. Either a female mage (would be nice to have a major magic user) or a female fighter with claws (think ronnie bell) or an older guy with a big broadsword or huge mace.
"You got whacked because you're weak." - Magus
JanusThePaladin

Post by JanusThePaladin »

I'd like to see a character who was a mage who didnt use a weapon, like Sasarai and Luc in S3, as your main character. You know, casting spells from a short distance
The fighting 108

Post by The fighting 108 »

Icegryphon wrote:I think they should change your main character from a girl young boy with a blunt finesse weapon into something else. Either a female mage (would be nice to have a major magic user) or a female fighter with claws (think ronnie bell) or an older guy with a big broadsword or huge mace.
A mage for a main character would definitely be a new spin on Suikoden! I'd kinda like a mage/leader wielding either a sword concealed in a Mage's staff, or perhaps using both staff and sword ala Gandalf from Lord of the Rings.
Zykerion

Post by Zykerion »

What about a pair of Jitte? (Also referred to as Jutte)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jutte

They're like Sai, only a bit longer, and look a little less pointy-stabby than Sai do.
RangerDeon

Post by RangerDeon »

that would be an amazing idea.

Wow. I've never seen those before and I'm now a fan.

"I wasn't getting rid of you. I want you to do whatever you want to do with me. I know that sounded dirty, and dirty things count, but I didn't mean the dirty things. You and me can hang whenever, wherever."
-Lorelai Gilmore
Zykerion

Post by Zykerion »

I've actually been trying to draw up a picture of a possible protagonist for VI lately. I'll have to do that toot sweet and get it posted. :D
HarHar_0016

Post by HarHar_0016 »

maybe... it would be better if we were the one who will customize our own character...

how I wish i could buy different weapons and equip one that will fit on how you see your character :D
ninjaluc79

Post by ninjaluc79 »

If there's one thing that I think why Suikoden is different from other games is that the most popular Suikoden heroes are from the monk/fighter class. It is a unique job class for a protagonist, considering that most RPGs field in a swordsman/warrior as the main protagonist, with females from the priest/white mage class as their love interests.

For one, Riou from S2 is a unique monk-class hero because his Bright Shield Rune can heal the whole party. I think that's pretty unusual for the protagonist to become a healer, but well, it worked out fine, because there are also a lot of strong and unique characters in S2 like Viktor, Flik (a magic swordsman), Luc, etc.

I had two sets of final teams in S2.

Team 1: Riou, the circus trio, Viktor and Flik. Viktor, Flik, and Bolgan are my main attackers, whereas Eilie and Riou are my back-up healers, while Rina is my main nuker despite her MAG stat being much lower than Luc's.

Team 2: Riou, Viktor, Flik, Luc, Eilie, and Rina. Viktor and Flik are now my main attackers, Eilie as back-up healer to Riou, Luc and Rina as magic damagers, though Luc always defends when not using spells.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Hugo is from the Thief class (with the twin daggers, minus the steal), Geddoe is a Rune Swordsman, while Chris is a Knight.

Suikoden 4 (I think) was the first time in the series that the main protagonist was from the swordsman/warrior class. That's Lazlo with his twin swords.

Then Suikoden went back to tradition when they debuted Kyril and the Falenian Prince (I forgot his name), again from the fighter class.

It would be great if Suikoden had an archer or mage as the next protagonist, considering I have yet to see an RPG with an archer as the main protagonist (except Zelda perhaps). The Final Fantasy series have Rydia (FF4) and Terra (FF6) as main protagonists from the mage class.

It would be great if their next tenkai is a female mage or a fighter with an M-type weapon. Or possibly a magic swordsman...

Just my 2 cents...
It's not all about knowledge, but it helps.
suiko2fan2
Guide Writer

Post by suiko2fan2 »

i personally would like see an axe-type of weapon. Maybe, a short dual axe like koyu had in S2. or maybe a pair of Kamas:
http://www.karatedepot.com/y/Natural%20 ... -ka-08.jpg

also, it would be cool if they got the axe-type weapon from buffy the vampire show:
http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii95 ... ffyAxe.jpg
I will establish one mighty nation in this land. A single, powerful nation, born of force and wielding force. That is the one and only way of freeing this land from war.

Best Suiko FanFic:
www.fanfiction.net/s/5194891/1/The-Puni ... of-the-Sun
thcrock
Global Admin

Post by thcrock »

An axe with a stake in it? Well, that would give them an excuse to bring in some more vampires :)
Hirathien

Post by Hirathien »

All of a sudden.. Neclord's brother comes, or some unknown other vampire that wants vengeance!

Ok, i admit. That would be cheesy. But more vampires, really.