Tactics 2

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
Raijin

Post by Raijin »

You know what, now I really want a Suikoden Tactics II. ST was a good game and a time filler until Suikoden V arrived. I want one on the PSP/DS (though I prefer the PSP) since ST was definitely not a console graphic game. It will entertain us until Suikoden VI arrives.
Ellerkerm5

Post by Ellerkerm5 »

Suikoden tactics 2 should have the whole 108 stars of destiny of Suikoden 5 or suikoden 3.
hotspot

Post by hotspot »

The only thing about a suikoden tactics in kanakaan is that if it's like suikoden tactics, we won't really be able to explore the towns that much becuase in the original it was just a screen where you'd pick what you wanted to do like get a rune attatched to a character, unless they pull a little bit of a la pucelle tactics and allow the hero to walk in a sideways manner in town and let you talk to people and go into shops
"Every lie contains the truth, and every truth contains a lie..."~ Shu

Suiko-Kya-Cross
Forum about the Suikoden, Kya Dark Lineage and the Chrono games.
○♦•¤Suiko-Kya-Cross○♦•¤
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Then they could consider introducing map roaming in some ways similar to that of the Shining Force III trilogy. That was probably one of the few simRPG titles with town roaming that actually had enough things to do to justify having towns and field maps to walk on.
DarkWizard

The Next Suikoden Tactics game?

Post by DarkWizard »

If another Suikoden Tactics game was to be made, wouldn't it be a good idea for it focus on the Queendom of Falena repelling the New Armes invasion or something about 10 years prior to the events of Suikoden V? Personally, I found Arshtat and Ferid to be two of the most well developed NPC I have seen in a very long while, and personally think they got too little screen time in Suiko V, so why not have another tactics game based on the couple? Besides, this probably would be a good way to furthur develop the background of Lucretia, whom I very much hope will begin or be part of a line of strategists will be chief rivals of the Silverbergs. And to fit in with the theme of a massive nation-wide war, change the battle system from that was used in Suikoden Tactics to that of the war system in Suikoden II. As in each unit is a division, not an individual.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Re: The Next Suikoden Tactics game?

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Lots of conflicts are way more interesting than the fairly mundane New Armes one.

The 1st Keepers of the Flame War, the Succession War, the Higheast Rebellion, the Falena / Nagarea conflict, heck, even the Jowston / Highland War prior to Suikoden II would be more interesting settings.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
Braxiatel
Banned User

Post by Braxiatel »

DarkWizard wrote:If another Suikoden Tactics game was to be made, wouldn't it be a good idea for it focus on the Queendom of Falena repelling the New Armes invasion or something about 10 years prior to the events of Suikoden V?
Not a bad idea at all.

Or, you could do the Kalekka incident with Mathiu, Humphrey, Kreutz etc. as a strategy game.
jonathan_priest

Post by jonathan_priest »

Personally, I think the best tactics game would probably be in New Armes after the events of Suikoden V. It's been stated Armes is infested with corruption. What better way to bridge the story from V to I than a game that concludes the ending. Could even have Falena act as allies in repelling a nearby nation. Can't remember the name but it starts with an 'N' *shrug*

Anyway, one of main thoughts was that I felt Suikoden V was a sort of reinvention of I, with Suiko VI being the equivolent of Suikoden II. A follow up story to conclude the open-ended ending of a game. A tactics would work well, and allow some old favorites to come back. Give you a choice between Miakis and Lyon to lead Falena's forces (similar to Valeria and Kasumi in II), Wilhelm and his mercs coming to the aid as well. Find out where Kyle went. How is Tomo progressing. And of course, more importantly, what about Neither Gate and what is New Armes like?

A tactics game could work well to expand on this and allow VI to continue the present timeline past III. Because we need to progress the story here. I just hope they give us better graphics than that PoS we got. Even FFTactics was better looking than that.
"It doesn't matter if the glass is half empty or half full...what matters is the glass."
JanusThePaladin

Post by JanusThePaladin »

It may just be me, but the paper-character graphics seems to be one of the unwritten rules of tactics games. in all the tactics games i've played, the characters almost always look like they are made of paper, while the backgrounds have most of the work done to them.

IMPO: I think its cool and rather nastalgic.

As for the next Suikoden tactics game, my vote still runs to a game of the Successor War in Scarlet moon. As the first Tactics was not really a major storyline like the main stream suikoden game, it was more of a background explanation, i see it more likely that konami will make their next game irrelevant to the main story, but something all fans would enjoy.

I would much rather get my hands on an American version Suikogaiden over a tactics game, though. Unfortunately, it seems my dreams in that area will forever be crushed :(
Aculias

Post by Aculias »

If there was a Suikoden Tactics game, I think it should be based on a whole different story in Suikoden.
I love Tactics since I played FFT & we dont need anymore add ons.
There are so much we have not seen in the whole Suikoden saga that it's important how Konami makes thier games.
Chaco

Tactics 2

Post by Chaco »

This is going to sound kind of crazy, but I would like to see another Tactics game, Suikoden Tactics 2 taking place between 2 and 3. We would be able to see a lot of our old favorites but still have a seperate new game like Suikdoen 6 come out. This would allow us to experance thier stories a bit more (Like Viktor and Flik) but have a seperate game for the newbs to come in. A tactics game taking place right after Suikoden 2 would allow for Tir and Riou to return along with Jowy, Sierra, Gengen, Shu and Yuber. We would also be able to see some of the events after the Dunan unification war to unfold like when Shu went against Harmonia, and I LOVE the tactics style gameplay, I was happy with the first Tactics game, even though it was just to make up for the crappy Suikoden 4, it made me like many more characters from 4 I didn't previously because of weak story, especially Kika, Dario and others. Also there would be VOICE OVERS so we could get the pleasure of hearing a voice with people like Flik, Viktor and such. Luc might be able to come back to if it takes place between Suikoden 2 and 3 time periods. You can't tell me a lot of you don't want to see something like this, I mean I've seen so many "Yuber/Sierra/Viktor" should come back all over the forums, especially in the topic about characters returning. Suikoden 2 was the most memorable game for me and I'd love to see it develope even more. This game could also give a chance for some other Suikoden 1 characters who didn't get much of a spotlight but are deserving of one (Warren and Morgan could of had more story to them I know it!)
These wings arn't just for show you know!
-Chaco
Mikain Clan King

Re: Tactics 2

Post by Mikain Clan King »

Sounds nice but the voice over part would be very hard to do....they would have to get the perfect voice for Victor and Flik and everyone else or it could ruin the characters...and even though the first tactics had voice overs I wouldn't want for one like this to, yeah I'd like to hear their voices but I don't want to take the chance of them not getting a perfect voice...and to top it off I'm pretty sure that everyone's view about a certain characters most suitable voice isn't the same. I have one for the characters in my head when they talk but I can't describe them...it's kinda wierd how that works. Heres an idea, make it a hand held game! with more of a 2-D approach...like the graphics for Suikoden card stories...that way it could work with no voices and it would play nice...although Suikoden Tactics is a good game I didn't like how the fights played, that kinda game is wierd with 3-D graphics and I feel like those types ( like FFT) should stick to 2-D even with future graphic engines I still don't think they'd turn out right in 3-D.
"The duel with Genkaku.... It continues here....."
-Han Cunningham

"This is your final test... Can you win this time, Riou?"
-Leon Silverburg
Windspun_Monkey

Post by Windspun_Monkey »

I would absolutely love another Tactics game.

I thought the gameplay and battle system from Tactics was outstanding. The story left a little to be desired but overall it is one of my favorite tactics games out there. I am probably one of the few who prefer to replay that rather than FFT.
Chaco

Post by Chaco »

I would absolutely love another Tactics game.

I thought the gameplay and battle system from Tactics was outstanding. The story left a little to be desired but overall it is one of my favorite tactics games out there. I am probably one of the few who prefer to replay that rather than FFT.
I like it more then FFT to, I'd suggest Fire Emblem: Path iof radiance if you have a wii, it uses a similar grid style battle system and has an amazing story, blows both FFT and this one out of the water. Of course it's for the Wii.... :?
These wings arn't just for show you know!
-Chaco
Mikain Clan King

Post by Mikain Clan King »

I have Path of Radiance for the Gamecube, they have a different one for the WII, never played it but it looks pretty cool from the cover...also got Twin stones or something for the GBA...to bad they don't have a Suikoden Tactic like game for the DS or something portable.
"The duel with Genkaku.... It continues here....."
-Han Cunningham

"This is your final test... Can you win this time, Riou?"
-Leon Silverburg