Tactics 2

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
Lemmy Claypool

Future Tactics games?

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

Based on a thread over at Suikox, does anybody else think it would be good if Suikoden Tactics games became their own mini-series? They could include wars like the Higheast Rebellion, Succession War and First Fire Bringer War as storylines. Perhaps even the fall of Aronia/establishment of Harmonia? (Though probably not until Harmonia has been used in a Genso title, which will most likely be the final instalment, so this one might be unlikely).

Just a thought. I personally think it would be cool.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

that depends on how Rhapsodia does, if its a hit in both japan and america, I would think konami would continue making "tactics" type of games but I dont know if they would make a gaiden esqe type of suikoden based on the succes of Rhapsodia, they probably just wanted to test this tactics idea on a good game and suikoden was the chosen game, if it succedes they will most likely make a new game series with the same gameplay and tactics engine as Rhapsodia

but personally, I love the idea

it would be great to make suikoden side storys in the strategy rpg genre
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

son_michael wrote:that depends on how Rhapsodia does, if its a hit in both japan and america, I would think konami would continue making "tactics" type of games but I dont know if they would make a gaiden esqe type of suikoden based on the succes of Rhapsodia,
Hmm. Rhapsodia is a gaiden, in the truest sense, since Gaiden is the Japanese word for side-story and that's what Rhapsodia is, a side story.
I hope everything is going delicious.
Basel

Re: Future Tactics games?

Post by Basel »

Lemmy Claypool wrote:They could include wars like the Higheast Rebellion, Succession War and First Fire Bringer War as storylines. Perhaps even the fall of Aronia/establishment of Harmonia?
That is a good idea and I support it. The only drawback is that we already know the outcome of these wars. Of course we will get to know more about how the wars started, who participated in these wars, and probably how SoD get to know about the secrets of Sindar.
"The real issue is not TALENT as an independent element, but talent in relationship to WILL, DESIRE, AND PERSISTENCE. Talent without these things VANISHES and even modest talent with those characteristics GROWS..." -Milton Glaser
shinro-kun

Post by shinro-kun »

i agree too. i also liked the idea. :D but if i were to choose betrween the usual rpg or a tactics game, i'll go for rpg.
amelia108

Post by amelia108 »

maybe they should remake the past suikogaidens as a tactics game...? at first i was thinking they should make a suikoden ii tactics spinoff, but then i thought suikoden ii already had suikogaiden...

i guess financially it wouldn't be the best move. japanese fans wouldn't want very much to buy it... but it would be a nice treat for fans wishing they could have played suikogaiden...

but then there's the thing that you can only play as nash... so nevermind.

...so maybe an action/rpg spinoff instead? ha.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

Remaking the suiko gaidens into srpg's would be awsome!

but lets be realistic here, the good people in japan have seen the gaidens and know everything about them, they dont need srpg versions of the gaidens and I doubt konami would remake the gaidens for us american and european fans. I think suikoden tactics 2 would be a good idea, it could be a continuing series just like the gaidens and it would take place in different eras using the srpg engine.

of course most likely konami wont do that and Rhapsodia will be 1 of a kind, but still...we can dream cant we?

Just thought of something, if Rhapsodia is considered a gaiden, why didnt they just name it suiko gaiden 3? do you think all the gaiden games are gonna be srpgs now? or will they conitinue to make text based games for the gaidens?
Jamuswin
Location: The random, chaotic land that is my own frigging mind!

Post by Jamuswin »

I don't think that RPG's should really go into the tactics arena...EVER! It hardly ever goes over well. Do we remeber the Final Fantasy Tactics disaster? Yeah. I thought so. But seriously, the makers of Suikoden seem to know what there doing. So they may be able to pull it off. But I just hope they do it right. And take there time. I sort of have a rule for video games. "If it dosn't need to be made. DON'T MAKE IT" Well thats all I have to say on the topic.
I'd like to say something witty. And I usually do. But I don't have anything this time. Don't like it? Well to friggin bad.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Actually, most people consider FFT to be a masterpiece, not a disaster. FFTA, on the other hand, most older people consider that one to be the disaster. Let's not get too off-topic about FFT/FFTA.
Jamuswin
Location: The random, chaotic land that is my own frigging mind!

Post by Jamuswin »

Well I played FFT. And I thought it sucked. But your right, lets not get off topic. I was just using it as an example. I just think that they shouldn't do it unless they take some time. And the creators have been taking less and less time as the series went on. Probably due to the unpopularity of the series. I'm just glad it has maintained this cult following. Hopefully if we grow in number, the creators will start taking there project a little more seriously.
I'd like to say something witty. And I usually do. But I don't have anything this time. Don't like it? Well to friggin bad.
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

Well they're currently taking it seriously enough to have multiple teams working on it. And I don't know if you've been following the information on V but they seem to be taking it very seriously. They've definitely been listening to the fans.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

i'd definitely like to see a sequel (perhaps of Kyril when he disappears.. and Ted as the secret omg0wnz character... lol)
but anyway, in order to attract a larger audience, i believe there should be 2 or 3 difficulty levels. 'easy' (if 3) or 'normal' (if 2) would be the same pace we have now, in order to continue to attract new players. 'normal' (if 3 only) would be for those who finished/mastered the first game and want to take it to the next level. 'hard' for SRPG veterans so they quit whining on the gamefaqs boards (geez, they are very loud there.. why keep going to the board just to complain....).
i'm not sure difficult an SRPG can get since i only played FFT for 5 minutes and that was extent of my experience before Rhapsodia, so i'm not sure if there should/can be a middle level.

and of course, plot should give us a lot more info on the Suikoworld, not some poorly written game just to get another SRPG out.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Oh, I like that idea. A certain another sRPG series that I happen toget into recently does have this kind of difficulty setting, and it's quite a blast. Your characters seems to die twice as fast at higher difficulty!

As long as they don't resort to some abyss-type dungeon or superspeshul hard boss like they did in FFT/Hoshigami (well, it wasn't that difficult, but it sure was a pain to reach him), I'm game.
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

I remember that boss in FFT. That was pretty lame how he was so high up and could cast Zodiac on you from the top of what ever land structure that was.

Anyway, I agree with you, KFCrispy, but, judging from the amount of difficulty that some of the people here had with the game I don't think they would too much care for such an option. I , on the other hand, would love the option to increase game difficulty. Could you imagine every battle being as difficult as your first rune through the fifth level of the Obel Ruins? That makes me all excited and what not

Plus, you shouldn't take anything said at gamefaqs too seriously. Everyone knows that place is the devil incarnate <_<
I hope everything is going delicious.
Humphrey

Post by Humphrey »

Lemmy Claypool wrote:
They could include wars like the Higheast Rebellion, Succession War and First Fire Bringer War as storylines. Perhaps even the fall of Aronia/establishment of Harmonia?
I like the idea.... being able to use different characters but some old ones....if they would take out how easly people die in battle it would also make it fun