Tactics 2

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
Hyura

Post by Hyura »

I don't know if I'm the only one, but I've been waiting forever for a Suikoden game that focused more on Harmonia, somewhere between the Suikoden I - II eras (actually, a bit before that time would be more interesting). But if they do ever do that, I wouldn't like to see it in a tactics game because the gameplay and storyline is somewhat limited compared to an actual RPG.

SO, I'd have to say I'd also like to see a tactics game in the Suikoden II era, since it seems like eternity since Suikoden II, and I'd loved to see something new with some of the same characters and definatly some of the cities.
I really loved the first tactics game (and oddly, I thought it had one of the best Suikoden soundtracks so far), but it left me craving more. I'd like to see more of a challenge in the next tactics game, and definatly the requirement to collect all the characters or -something- in order to get alternate endings. I didn't even bother getting Jeane, Reinbach, and many others because there really wasn't any point.
baron kalan

Post by baron kalan »

Yes, the new tactics should definitely be set in Harmonia - simply because they are the greatest war-mongers in the suikoden world, are they not?The main character could be a military general (like Dios, only more charismatic - or with a smaller nose at least) that is involved in all the struggles - or most of them - throughout the time period of V-I-II and maybe even III. This would show us how the Harmonian system works and also their part of the story...
Wayo_93

Post by Wayo_93 »

I would really like to see the Scarlet Moon Empire War. With Mathieu and Leon Silverburg we have heard about it so many times, now it is time for us to be able to play it.
KoyuRedd

Post by KoyuRedd »

Wayo_93 wrote:I would really like to see the Scarlet Moon Empire War. With Mathieu and Leon Silverburg we have heard about it so many times, now it is time for us to be able to play it.
That would be what SI is for. Or at least that's what I think you're talking about.

I would opt for the first Fire Bringer War or some other event which has happened in a relatively known area.

I believe Harmonia deserves a proper Suikoden, and not a Tactics game. And it has to be something really major and cunning. At least that's what most people are expecting.
[evil laugh here]
Pollensalta

Post by Pollensalta »

Nah, S1 took place after the war they're talking about (succession war.)

We know about it, but we don't know a lot of details, and it'd be cool to play as a bunch of people we haven't seen since S1 and get to learn a bit more about that particular war, since it's interesting.
Purr.
KoyuRedd

Post by KoyuRedd »

Pollensalta wrote:Nah, S1 took place after the war they're talking about (succession war.)
Right. Thanks for clearing that up. Somehow I always end up mistaking those two wars' names. >_>

Well, I'll give that idea a thumbs up.
[evil laugh here]
Kyril

Post by Kyril »

i was also thinking about tactics 2 when i was playing suikoden V. what if one of the main characters would be kyril himself again? i'm also thinking about the timeline which is a year or two after suikoden II. there might be also an appearance of the heroes of I, II and V which they will be recruitable. if you think my idea is good or sucked (which i was thinking of it), don't bother on replying.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

How exactly would you like people to respond to your post then? "Hey, that sure is an idea, and I have no opinion of it, or of you!"

The idea's bland, simple as that. How long would it take the developers to came up with such an idea? How original is that, really? Why would this intrigue your brain, and how would it be thought-provoking at all?
Iris

Post by Iris »

If we had another Tactics, I'd love it if it was the Succession War. Oh my beloved Scarlet Moon Empire/Toran. How I love you <3
Persmerga

Post by Persmerga »

Well surley the most obvious next Tactics (from point of view of Konami if they make one) would surely be something to do with V or possibly a release shortly after VI in the future.

I personally would like t see them go back possibly between I & II or just before I like Wayo_93 & Pollensalta mentioned it would be a chance to revisit the Suikoden game roots in a way and see some memorable characters.

As for Harmonia seeing as though we haven't had a game really about Harmonia and not much is known i have to agree with KoyuRedd and im sure others would gree it needs it's own game set around about the events of III and possibly linking in some characters we know who reside in Harmonia and other key things we know about Harmonia e.g disapearence of the High priest (cant think of his name at this current moment lol) but it would be kinda cool to have a game something like that. (sorry little off topic)

Back to tactics 2, i belive that they will eventually make another tactics as a kind of stap gap between games or after a game to give users a little more info or possibly to set scene for a new main game.

Who knows.....
Some hooligan keeps disconnecting the alarm. I told Security to look into it. But no, no, they'd rather catch the guy who's stealing organs from the transplant ward!!
MarkSee

Suikoden Tactics II in Kanakan

Post by MarkSee »

I think there's a chance there could be a game in Kanakan centered around the Sindar, Lorelai and Killey both come here after Suikoden II, so it could be based then. It would give people a chance to finally see the place and perhaps meet this Roundier Haia.

It wouldn't be a big enough game to warrant a full title like Suikoden VI etc., but I think it would make an interesting side-game.
That is all.
hotspot

Post by hotspot »

Well i would love to see another tactics, maybe it could take place in kanakan, although kanakan could be a part of a future suikoden that won't be a tactics.
"Every lie contains the truth, and every truth contains a lie..."~ Shu

Suiko-Kya-Cross
Forum about the Suikoden, Kya Dark Lineage and the Chrono games.
○♦•¤Suiko-Kya-Cross○♦•¤
Raijin

Post by Raijin »

I thought Suikoden Tactics had the best game-play in the series. :o The story was lacking for a Suikoden game, still, it was better than the horrible game that is Suiko IV.
sunstar25

Post by sunstar25 »

I'm not so sure about that. I had the patience to beat Suikoden IV and a lot of the times, the SoD that I got back in S4 keep getting killed.

I gave up on ST and just watched the endings on YouTube.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

The simRPG gameplay wasn't for everyone. It's still one of the easier titles in its subgenre, but the learning curve is markedly greater than any of the main Suikoden games.

A Rhapsodia follow-up set in Kanakan would be ideal, considering its location to be right to the east of the settings of the original Tactics. (The Kanakan isle is to the east of Kooluk's eastern shores.)