Graphics/Camera Angle

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
Kellybeans

Graphics/Camera Angle

Post by Kellybeans »

I don't know if im just being picky but in my opinion i really liked the graphics and camera angle in suikoden 4. I hated the camera angle in suikoden 5, it was the worst part of the game. I mean the graphics in 5 were pretty good but i liked 4's better. I hope in 6 that they use the camera angle from 4 because i couldnt stand the one in 5.
MarkSee

Post by MarkSee »

I dunno what it is, but I didn't mind Suikoden V's camera. I think the fact that it was at fixed angle contributed to the 'classic' feel of, not only Suikoden, but any RPG. I didn't really mind IV's camera either, although I prefer the one in V.

If the graphics in VI are no different from the style of V, I won't complain although many people probably will, but afterall it's the story that is one of the most important factors.

In VI, I would like a camera similar to Suikoden V or Final Fantasy X. But I hope they'll fix it so you can actually see where you going at all times :) (although for the most part it was ok). Nicer graphics would be good, but not a must.
That is all.
Lazureus

Post by Lazureus »

I'd like a rotatable camera myself. 3 had some annoying camera angles going through towns... and even worse, the camera angle making sudden changes mid walk and causing you to backtrack when you don't want to.

On top of that, i found increasingly annoying how the world atlas and the map for the particular area of grasslands you were trekking across were often reversed. Like you had to go east on the mini-map to head to your castle when it's going west on the atlas >.>
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Searching for the Champion Rune in V was more than enough proof to claim that the game's camera angles were poorly executed.

The first-person option from IV would have been nice to have, considering the level of details present in the form of character 3D models in V.
Leebot

Post by Leebot »

I'd much prefer if we could get a fully-rotatable camera system, much like was seen in DQVIII. That game actually managed it quite well, as the designers were able to hide many things despite the fact that they couldn't resort to the old exploit of putting chests where the camera angle prevents the player from seeing it - but it would be in plain view to the characters.
Raijin

Post by Raijin »

Suikoden's V graphics wasn't bad at all, but the camera was very drawn out.

Suikoden V's graphics + IV's camera would be great.
Cuteboys_fangirl

Re: Graphics/Camera Angle

Post by Cuteboys_fangirl »

I would like S5 graphics and S4 angles.The ones in 3 were so annoying
1234569and10

Post by 1234569and10 »

At this point, I think anything would be preferable to the angles from V. I can understand trying to recapture the classic feel from the sprite games by using that angle, but V is a 3D game. I'm not sure how to articulate this properly, but I don't think that there was any chance that an overhead camera angle meant to be used with a 2D sprite game had any chance of doing a 3D game justice. Sprite games like the early Suikodens were tailored to be viewed from that camera point. There was nothing to be lost by having only one camera position in those games, because the objects in game only existed from one view-point in the first place. And like I said before, V is a 3-D game. A lot is lost by only being able to see it in one way, and as far as I can tell, the only thing that's gained is a bit of pointless nostalgia.

But to be honest, I almost feel like I wouldn't mind the camera for V if it wasn't for the fact that so many of the cutscenes consisted of nothing but people standing around and not doing much but talking. The stationary camera during the scenes only added to the overall monotony of the situations.

Ah...I feel like I'm coming off as super harsh. >.>;
No, Jowy, I do not want your stupid carrots.
Yuber

Post by Yuber »

lets just hope they release 6 first, ammirte?
me > world