Blood option for Suikoden VI?

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
nephlabobo

Post by nephlabobo »

Raijin wrote:
nephlabobo wrote:Everybody says blood will make the game better - I'm still waiting for the proof.

Oh wait.....there's NONE.
A more dramatic effect and realism isn't enough for you?
You want realism in a game with vampires, magic and talking animals?

You're mixing your messages.
Rezard

Post by Rezard »

You want realism in a game with vampires, magic and talking animals?
We expect everything non-magical to be minimal logical. How would like to see someone die from an arrow shot on the foot? Without explanations!

When Rune of Illusion said that fountain of blood erupts from the victim in Vandal Hearts, I really started to see this as a bad idea. With a option, that´s what would probably happen, but I still want more violence in the games, I find that more dramatic.

Also there must be no options, if we select a "no blood option", usually the censored scene will make no sense. Do it or don't, konami must make the choice, not the gamer.
nephlabobo

Post by nephlabobo »

Rezard wrote: Do it or don't, konami must make the choice, not the gamer.
That's the first thing in this thread that has made some common sense.

I completely agree - stop telling Konami what to put in their games.
blue_lightning

Post by blue_lightning »

The blood in vandal hearts was usually used to show the player that the enemy was definitely dead before they warped off. If no blood showers came out then they usually came back and fought you again at another time. The main death scenes in the plot were always done outside the battlescene anyway, with no showers of blood.

In Suikoden the drama comes from the characters and their relationships. Usually it is very moving and you don't want to spoil that by needless violence.
Rezard

Post by Rezard »

blue_lightning wrote:In Suikoden the drama comes from the characters and their relationships. Usually it is very moving and you don't want to spoil that by needless violence.
That's the main point. Which violence is needed and which is needless? Was Lucca´s violence in Suikoden needed or needless? I think making him murder that woman in Ryube made we see him as a great villain, it was good to the plot.

Things are not so simple, sometimes a bit of violence makes things more dramatic. Free violence and blood are bad, but in a given context...
nephlabobo

Post by nephlabobo »

There's a difference between a plot point and a bunch of pixels.

People are arguing that the bloody pixels are more important than the plot points.

They're not and those people arguing are flat out wrong.
Raijin

Post by Raijin »

I never said blood is more important than story...
Cut-scenes are the story. It is the part of the game that tells a story, and to me they are like watching a movie. And like all movies when people get injured/killed they usually bleed. I expect no less in those scenes, especially now that games look almost as good as movies.

There are games that have Magic, Ogres, Zombies etc and have blood. Look at Vagrant Story.... that game had an awesome plot, one of the best in my opinion. So your excuse is now void.

And, a Suikoden fan, think that we suiko-fans have no influence in the game? Hah, not only do we have infuluence in this, we already changed Suikoden as a whole. Look at Suikoden V! The change was so drastic in that in Suikoden III and people cried for Suikoden to get back to what it used to be in Suikoden I and II and that's exactly what we got in Suikoden V. You surly know Hideo Kojima? The famous director of MGS4 asked fans what they think about Snake's mustache. And said if a lot of people hated it (which they didn't) he will think about removing it. So yeah, if the majority of players complain you'll most likely see a change in the next game.
Auragaea

Post by Auragaea »

Personally, I don’t care whether they put blood in Suikoden or not. All I can say is that Lulu’s death was more comedic than it would have been if there was some blood to actually show that he got injured. Still, I also don’t want blood to be the main aspect of why a scene should be considered powerful, but rather the story behind it. Blood would make few scenes in the Suikoverse a little more emotional, but the story is fine as it is, so I can’t complain.
Hmm... Didn't make much money. Next time, let's get rich! - Rachel
nephlabobo

Re:

Post by nephlabobo »

Auragaea wrote:Still, I also don't want blood to be the main aspect of why a scene should be considered powerful, but rather the story behind it.
Thank you, for speaking intelligently on the subject.
KC_MCDOHL

Re: Blood option for Suikoden VI?

Post by KC_MCDOHL »

I think a bloos option would be awesome. But theyd have to provide it in the right way, cause it could end up rining theimagery of the game. But, it is an OPTION, so ...it wouldnt really matter if it did, because you could choose not to have it if you wanted...
Nikisaur

Post by Nikisaur »

That would be cool if you could choose at the beginning of the game, like you do with all of the other options. I wouldn't want a huge splatter factor (Dragon Age - lol) but personally, seeing someone bleed sparkles is a bit... silly.

But then again, I bleed rainbows, so maybe I'm a hypocrite.
The only thing Suikoden lacks...is dinosaurs.
KC_MCDOHL

Post by KC_MCDOHL »

You bleed rainbows? That is awesome ...but hardly useful. I bleed cash 'cause I'm seriously flash
Hirathien

Post by Hirathien »

Bleeding rainbows just reminds me of Nanobreaker, you could change the blood colour.
ttfii

Post by ttfii »

Don't really care if the games have blood or not.
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

I'd still like to reiterate that adding blood to the games will help making the potential audience for future titles even smaller than it is today. As it stands, Suikoden doesn't stray from the same crowds who still enjoy the average JRPG, which still includes some younger people. Blood outside of judicious use during cutscenes/gameplay almost always nets a game an M rating. Suikoden shouldn't even pretend like it's going after the Dragon Age crowd, since those people generally hate JRPGs in the first place.
Formerly known as: Gothann