Future speculation about Tir MCDohl and other char

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
Hachifusa

Future speculation about Tir MCDohl and other char

Post by Hachifusa »

We all know Ted lived many hundreds of years after he gained The Soul Eater, didnt he pass 300 years in S1? what about Tir McDohl (S1, Hero) hes the last bearer of the rune, u think hes gonna match teds age because of the Soul Eater? Maybe Tir makes a comeback in Suikoden VI if they have the same timeline after suikoden 2 ?!(ofc other chars r classics in every suikoden game as leknaat etc. And what about Sierra?:/ ). You have any thoughts about this?:D
Falenan_descent

Post by Falenan_descent »

Ohhh my god! Unless Suikoden VI is the FINAL Suikoden, which it probobly won't be, Tir won't come back. He's so overdone and overplayed...if they brought him back I would be thorougly disappointed because it would be a ploy on Konami's part because they were desperate.

Tir. Is. Done. (Tir/Riou/Hugo threads rile me up!)

But to keep discussion up, the ONLY game where he should come back is in the final Suikoden as a representative of his True rune and it's powers and in order to save the world from Impending Doom!
kharaa

Post by kharaa »

There is a single game.. what do you mean over done?..

Sure he gets a cameo in Suikoden 2, and you can recruit him if you have data from Suiko 1..

... other then that you don't see him at all.

if you want to talk about overdone chars.. what about Viki or Jeane? (despite viki is <3)
amelia108

Post by amelia108 »

Falenan_descent wrote:Ohhh my god! Unless Suikoden VI is the FINAL Suikoden, which it probobly won't be, Tir won't come back. He's so overdone and overplayed...if they brought him back I would be thorougly disappointed because it would be a ploy on Konami's part because they were desperate.

Tir. Is. Done. (Tir/Riou/Hugo threads rile me up!)

But to keep discussion up, the ONLY game where he should come back is in the final Suikoden as a representative of his True rune and it's powers and in order to save the world from Impending Doom!
i agree completely. people need to leave all the past heroes alone until the final installment comes around. IF they even appear in that. i'm thinking a lot of the runes will have changed hands by then. i'm sick of hearing all the returning characters discussion, sometimes it seems like its all anyone wants out of a new suikoden game.
Rune of Illusion

Post by Rune of Illusion »

kharaa wrote:There is a single game.. what do you mean over done?..

Sure he gets a cameo in Suikoden 2, and you can recruit him if you have data from Suiko 1..

... other then that you don't see him at all.

if you want to talk about overdone chars.. what about Viki or Jeane? (despite viki is <3)
What he means is that Tir's story is done. Can you tell me Jeane's age, her place of birth, he rreason(s) for agelessness, her relationship with Zerase or Eresh, and her involvement with Old Armes? If you can't that means you're like us and don't know these things. Konami has room to develop Jeane any number of ways so she should stay interesting. Tir like I said is done. Konami probably won't continue to develop him at all. They made it so that Tir would not get close to any one else other than Gremio because of his Soul Eater Rune. He can return since he is ageless, but his role would most likely be minor.
you can learn more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.
kharaa

Post by kharaa »

I'm probably a bit biased, as Tir is my favorite char from all of suikoden.. but i think the comment..
He's so overdone and overplayed...if they brought him back I would be thorougly disappointed because it would be a ploy on Konami's part because they were desperate.
touches a nerve, because it's an inaccurate statement. he's had as much true screen time as any of the other major heros, and minus a cameo role in Suiko 2 that requires you to have beaten the first game..

he's had ONE game dedicated to him, he's been the main focus of ONE thing.

So i disagree UTTERLY that he's overdone/over played.

And you're right I am like the rest of you, i don't know those things about jeane, but she's been in EVERY Game, and is the speculation of like half the threads here(over statement) So... while i don't think another game needs to be dedicated to Tir Mcdohl, another mentioning of him, or him appearing in another game, isn't a bad thing, nor would it be a sign of konami being desperate.
Miklotov

Post by Miklotov »

Mm..what do we really know of Tir? We don't know where he ends up..or who his mother was..it isn't like I think every character we like should be put back into the games over and over..but I still think theres room for him.
Rezard

Post by Rezard »

I have doubts if Tir's story is really told.
After all, we dont't know if Windy is still after him or if his thing with Kasumi worked out. If his story is told or not, it is up for us to decide, konami can create new stories with him, there´s room for that.

I surely wouldn´t mind seeing him again, on contrary, I'd love to see this. Of course, it would be bad to see him as the main character again, but having sub-plot with Tir would be fine.
EternalOnslaught

Post by EternalOnslaught »

I really don't think Konami will bring a tenkai back for another game, with the exception of Suikoden II, and even for that you must've have perfect data from S1. If he does come back, it will because they needed him there and the timeline is able to bring him there. I doubt it will be like S2 if he comes back.

Pretty much the gamers and fans expectations of him coming back and them loving the character the death has burned him out more than the games. That's the reason some people do not want to see him again, same with Flik and Viktor.
Sandalphon - Senso Suikoden
Miklotov

Post by Miklotov »

Meh yeah..I can see how people feel about having him coming back and getting burned out..but I don't think people ever thought they'd bring Ted into another game..and he came in IV and was actually one of the best parts of the game in most peoples eyes I believe? and really..it didn't tell much of his story that we didn't know..ehh..mixed emotions about it I guess..but I'd like to see Tir appear in a later installment.
Tsharr

Post by Tsharr »

Finally, a thread after my own heart.
Rune of Illusion

Post by Rune of Illusion »

Miklotov wrote:Meh yeah..I can see how people feel about having him coming back and getting burned out..but I don't think people ever thought they'd bring Ted into another game..and he came in IV and was actually one of the best parts of the game in most peoples eyes I believe? and really..it didn't tell much of his story that we didn't know..ehh..mixed emotions about it I guess..but I'd like to see Tir appear in a later installment.
Note too much at all. That is exactly why I'm against some characters coming back as they don't have too much to tell.

We do know that if Windy was still alive she would not be after Tir anymore because she cannot bear the Soul Eater Rune as she thought at first. Because of the Soul Eater rune's nature Tir would not get close to any other character besides Gremio so no the relationship between him and Kasumi will not work out. If they decide for him to remove the rune, it would be ripping off the Flame Champion from Suikoden 3.

Yeah fans do burn characters out. They pick the completed characters to latch on to. I don't see anyone trying to find who was Rikimaru looking for when we ran into him in Ryube.
you can learn more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.
EternalOnslaught

Post by EternalOnslaught »

Also, I believe only in extreme circumstances that Tir could come back, for one. He can't be a SOD if he does, he is a Tenkai star, I really don't want to see a Tenkai star that was already in a previous installment.

From what I've been reading, it is also next to impossible for one to change their Star as well. So, Hugo, Chris, Geddoe. We can very well see them in another installment without any complications, since they were never the Tenkai Star.
Sandalphon - Senso Suikoden
Sniper_Zegai

Post by Sniper_Zegai »

I've said this before. I think Tir should make re-appearances as well as other heroes. Not all at once but I find it strange all these larger than life characters never show up again, nevermind the fact that most of them are immortal. It does'nt have to be over the top but it would be nice to learn more about other heroes like Lazlo.
PSX Emulator Questions are here, if you have problems. Ask and hopefully I can help. Formerly known as Seifer by the way.
WaterMoon

Post by WaterMoon »

Except characters like Lazlo and Tir, due to the curses of their runes, avoid getting close to others. And Freyjadour isn't immortal, he doesn't have a true rune. That leave Riou/Jowy who also avoid others, wanting to be free and not recognized, and Chris/Hugo/Geddoe/Sasarai.
"C'mon, Jeane! The ugly stick had its way with you! Admiiiiiiiiiit it!"
---------------------------------------------------------------
"What do you think,Your Highness? Does kidnapping your little sister sound like fun?"