Time travellers that go to previous suikoden areas like it?

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
Night

Post by Night »

kasumis_biggest_fan wrote:umm, I don't want to step on any toes here but Viki was already cast in all the other games and from my understanding if you are born under a certain star, you can not take the place of another star. If there were a true rune of Space and Time it would have to be another character outside of Viki (even though i do adore her). besides that seems like it would be in the very last suikoden for a rune like that to be introduced.
Runes have nothing to do with the star you were born under. Any star can have a true rune (as long as they have the rune's permission, of course!).
Ice has formed and there's snow between the tracks/ And I have seen the surface tear and I can't look back/ And cool low sun has blinded you for days from horizon to horizon can I dream this all away
EternalOnslaught

Post by EternalOnslaught »

kasumis_biggest_fan wrote:umm, I don't want to step on any toes here but Viki was already cast in all the other games and from my understanding if you are born under a certain star, you can not take the place of another star. If there were a true rune of Space and Time it would have to be another character outside of Viki (even though i do adore her). besides that seems like it would be in the very last suikoden for a rune like that to be introduced.
I know Viki doesn't have a rune such as that, Viki to my prior knownledge doesn't have and probably never had a true rune. She's just very skilled or should I say lucky? With her blinking rune, plus like the other person typed you can find blinking runes. I know I had Fubar in S3 equipped with a blinking rune =) But I really believe that a rune such as space/time could and might exist in the suikoverse. It will be very interesting to see the outcome if it does exist. And as for time paradoxes...I get enough of those in MGS3 whenever I screw up on certain missions... :x (that was a little bit offtopic)
Sandalphon - Senso Suikoden
Sniper_Zegai

Post by Sniper_Zegai »

There are alot of theories about time paradox's but the best theory regarding what would happen is taken from qauntum mechanics. If I went back in time and killed myself it would turn that timeline into the alternate reality where I died and I would continue living as a result. Im not sure if all of you are familiar with the paralell reality theories unless you like Star Trek lol.
PSX Emulator Questions are here, if you have problems. Ask and hopefully I can help. Formerly known as Seifer by the way.
Rune of Illusion

Post by Rune of Illusion »

Viki does not have a true rune. The Blinking Rune has the ability to travel through time, but she doesn't do it willfully she does it accidentally. I would like a like a Suikoden where you can go to the other worlds myself.
you can learn more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.
epenthesis

Post by epenthesis »

My theory, for what it's worth, is that the Rune of Time and Space is otherwise known as the True Blinking Rune. The regular version is good only for blinking across the battlefield, and lots of characters can use it...but Viki regularly travels long distances and through time. Something else is going on with her--and it could easily be that the rune is beyond her control.

If this rune were to be the subject of a future game, I think the Tenkai would take it over from Viki early on, and then perhaps we'd get some insight into her state of mind.
EternalOnslaught

Post by EternalOnslaught »

In all honestly if this does take effect in a future installment, hopefully they won't call it "True Blinking Rune" I can see a intallment involing some sort of time traviling, but nothing that would change the past of past suikodens...that would be a mess.
Sandalphon - Senso Suikoden
epenthesis

Post by epenthesis »

I just meant that it would be the parent rune of the Blinking Rune. They'd never actually call it the True Blinking Rune.
Sniper_Zegai

Post by Sniper_Zegai »

I'm gonna bet it's called the Qauntum Rune or something like that. You just gotta wait I guess.
PSX Emulator Questions are here, if you have problems. Ask and hopefully I can help. Formerly known as Seifer by the way.
Fury

Post by Fury »

Sniper_Zegai wrote:I'm gonna bet it's called the Qauntum Rune or something like that. You just gotta wait I guess.
HA! The Quantum Rune...held by a character named Sam Beckett. Gotta make sure Ziggy is in the game, too.

[end obscure 'Quantum Leap' reference]
NChisholm

Post by NChisholm »

If there is a rune for time-travel it would Probebly be the Night Rune... why .. because it has already demenstrated control over this aspect of reality
"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot- proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."
epenthesis

Post by epenthesis »

If there is a rune for time-travel it would Probebly be the Night Rune... why .. because it has already demenstrated control over this aspect of reality
Eh, sort of. I don't see much of a connection, and I don't really think they'd feel bound by that one scene when coming up with the rest of the true runes.
Ash

Post by Ash »

I think if they were to do some type of time travel they wouldn't cause you to mess up the past but prolly would have you do something that caused and event that did happen in a previouse suikoden. Like you go back in time and do something like such as helpin Ferid win the tourny to marry the queen. Somehting such as that would be possible without messing up the future.

Otherwise they could have something happen where you get helps form strangers in suikoden 6 and after a bit they leave and come around to suikoden 8 or something those characters that helped in 6 are part of the SoD in 8.

Situations such as those are really the only ways that they could really pull off time travel without causing a huge mess that changes suikoden's history.
Red rune

Re: Time travellers that go to previous suikoden areas like it?

Post by Red rune »

A true rune that governs space and time, and viki being unable to control it does make sense. I bet, if konami had this idea, the reason why konami didn't put the "universal rune" on viki on previous games( i call it that) is because their probably saving the best ideas for last.
I'm lvl 99! plus my lvl68 party members
hotspot

Post by hotspot »

I thought of the same idea, except jeane comes along too, plus they meet someone in suikoden 4's time that helps them in the game, and there is a time traveling bad guy that they have to stop from messing up history.
"Every lie contains the truth, and every truth contains a lie..."~ Shu

Suiko-Kya-Cross
Forum about the Suikoden, Kya Dark Lineage and the Chrono games.
○♦•¤Suiko-Kya-Cross○♦•¤
Duke Gallison

Post by Duke Gallison »

I think that Jeane and Viki are related to the Sindar, since the leader of the Sindar bears the Rune of Change, and I think Jeane and Viki fit decently with the theme of change, since Jeane changes appearance, and Viki changes time...I know they don't have True Runes, I'm just theorizing that they're *related* to the Rune of Change...