Time travellers that go to previous suikoden areas like it?

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
Red rune

Time travellers that go to previous suikoden areas like it?

Post by Red rune »

Time travellers that accedently travel to previous wars in the suikoden world because of Viki, anyone like it so far????? :D
Fury

Post by Fury »

Not really. :?
EternalOnslaught

Post by EternalOnslaught »

Fury wrote:Not really. :?
I agree, but a little off topic. It would be nice to travel to other countries, PREVIOUS visited countries in previous suikoden games in this next installment. 8)
Sandalphon - Senso Suikoden
CJack14dt

previous post

Post by CJack14dt »

I had the same idea for MMORPG. Look at my post on page 6 of this thread:

http://www.suikosource.com/phpBB2/viewt ... 4&start=75
Jodan

Post by Jodan »

mabe if it was like a suikoden world war everyone verses harmonia and their allies and you would have to travell the world to recrut the 108 stars you would be able to see the how the different nations turned out. granted this would be like an mmorpg but if they could keep away from that the game would rock
granted it would be a very loong game but iff they kept to the story line anythings possable
IT'S CALLED SUIKOCRACK!!!
want some
27x4=108

Post by 27x4=108 »

what about a final suikoden with sequels

like Suikoden VII, Suikoden VII-2, Suikoden VII-3

xDDD
Sorry for my very bad english! :S
LadyRhia

Post by LadyRhia »

Depends. It might be interesting to have something like our favorite Sindar hunters getting sent back to the time of the Sindar's prime (maybe where the main game takes place) After all, Nash and a group of other SoDs got transported across time via Viki (like even back at least 8-10 years to places like Falena around the time of V).

But I'm not sure it would work out. Truth is, time travel is such a touchy subject because of the paradoxes that often arise from it. T
epenthesis

Post by epenthesis »

Actually, I think a future game (knock on wood) will be about the True Rune of Time and Space.

Because I'm pretty sure we've already met its current bearer--Viki.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Time travel in RPGs is simply too hard to pull AND make it good.

Case in point: Chrono Trigger's execution was far from spectacular, since it seems to resort to time travel to make up to the limited size of their LITTLE world map.

Of course, remember that we have had very strictly plot-driven time travels in Suikoden, so anything is possible. One is that visit to Ted's old village in S1, the other is during one of Nash's gaiden titles. Both didn't give you much freedom in terms of exploration.
Iku

Post by Iku »

chrono trigger's map was only a small part of the world, admittedly we dodint get rto much else of the map but i thought it was done really well in chrono trigger even though i wasnt that amazed by the game
'Believed the evidence of your own eyes, did ya? In a place like this?' Granny Weatherwax
Sniper_Zegai

Post by Sniper_Zegai »

patapi wrote:Time travel in RPGs is simply too hard to pull AND make it good.
I dont agree FF 8 had a large time travel scenario for the ending of the game and although it was a little off topic from the game it was qiute epic and I really loved it. The scene in S1 was good and I dont see why we could'nt see anything simular in the future. I hate say it but what about a type of terminator scenario where the hero is sent by Leknaat to fight in a war who knows.
PSX Emulator Questions are here, if you have problems. Ask and hopefully I can help. Formerly known as Seifer by the way.
EternalOnslaught

Post by EternalOnslaught »

epenthesis wrote:Actually, I think a future game (knock on wood) will be about the True Rune of Time and Space.

Because I'm pretty sure we've already met its current bearer--Viki.

It isn't confirmed yet that Viki has a true rune, but having a rune that governs time/space would be interesting. I could see a rune like that existing, but I don't know that I can actually see Viki bearing. I guess I've seen her too many times. Now if time traveling is actually apart of the plot, it could be awesome.
Sandalphon - Senso Suikoden
Sniper_Zegai

Post by Sniper_Zegai »

To add to eternal onslaughts post. You can get editional blinking runes in suikoden 2 and beyond anyway. I do belive that Viki has an understanding of the blinking rune that an ordinary person could not attain. I do agree with eternal again however that there will most definetly be a true rune that governs time and space, how could there not be.
PSX Emulator Questions are here, if you have problems. Ask and hopefully I can help. Formerly known as Seifer by the way.
kasumis_biggest_fan

Post by kasumis_biggest_fan »

umm, I don't want to step on any toes here but Viki was already cast in all the other games and from my understanding if you are born under a certain star, you can not take the place of another star. If there were a true rune of Space and Time it would have to be another character outside of Viki (even though i do adore her). besides that seems like it would be in the very last suikoden for a rune like that to be introduced.
"DRIVE YOU MAD AND KILL YOU ALL" Pennywise the dancing clown
Iris

Post by Iris »

On the subject of time paradoxes, in something like the case of Suikoden I, it's simply history, and nothing can be done to change it without being inconsistent. So, in that case, it would work.

If, say, something were to appen that would involve a time traveller killing an ancestor, then there could be a time paradox.