Suikoden VI Visual Preference

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
shitow

Post by shitow »

I don't mind if there are voices or not , I enjoyed playing tir ryu chris geddoe lazlo and frey (but not hugo >.<) .

And I think konami's first try to add voices turned out rather well ^_^.
How many 2D games you can think of captured some of the movements, facial expressions, BLINKING like Suikoden II does?
I totally agree with you :) , and that's what I would like to see for SVI.

:idea: BUT recently I played atelier iris 2 , and the graphics were really nice !! I know it's not really suikoden's style but something like that for the landscapes and backgrounds would be cool with the same little sprites as you can see in SV when a screen is loaded (liked the little sialeeds ^_^)
Aaaaaah Naaash *_* , grrr jealous of that sierra...
And if I dyed my hair white?
soonket

Post by soonket »

okay, for me i think suikoden 6's visual needs to be super good.. in order to have a place as one of the top RPGs or watsoever.. it just need to have more standing.. as nowadays almsot most of the ppl looks at a game's package first... which include the visual preference.. and gameplay n story comes second... with great story and gameplay but without the graphics suikoden'll only impress old fans not new ones...

if konami keeps the suikoden in the style like they did to the 3 suikoden in ps2.. i dun think the fanbase of suikoden will increase.. the very main reason is that i tink probably alot of the playstation3's rpg will have great graphics which might make the suikoden not so outstanding...

As for intro.. in my opinion its very important.. i used to judge a game by the intro when im young like 10 years old like hahaha xD (shameful) and the great intro will make players to play the game more hahahaha. Example like making players will go playing the game over n over again LOL..

And the idea by pokerface., i think is a nice one. konami can make some of the stars needs to be recruited by holding a tourney for stars to join or for cutscenes to appear.. cool man.. and of course for fun too !!! the style like the suikoden 5's will be good.. but if too many kind of tourney wouldnt be that good in my opinion for others i duno... so just a simple and fun tourney will do and the oppnents will be random u'l be able to use the protoganist only.. yea tats cool

well dis my 20cent too hahahahaha
Yuber: I look better in black armor and you know it! Why do you make me look like Michael Jackson instead ?!
shitow

Post by shitow »

Yeah I understand ... konami can count on lot of suikoden's fans but they have to sell games so the oldies style of suikoden I and II will probably not make a lot of new fans... But we can keep on dreaming hee heee 8)
Jodan

Post by Jodan »

we cant let story come second look what happend to IV
IT'S CALLED SUIKOCRACK!!!
want some
WaterMoon

Post by WaterMoon »

IV looked like crap too. Was just all around a poorly made Suikoden, though I do like the Rune.
"C'mon, Jeane! The ugly stick had its way with you! Admiiiiiiiiiit it!"
---------------------------------------------------------------
"What do you think,Your Highness? Does kidnapping your little sister sound like fun?"
Falqueene

Post by Falqueene »

Personally, I like where they're going with the graphics in 5, they even have 2D sprites for loading icons ^^ Although, I'd still love to see some anime cutscenes.

Heck, as long as they fix the camera angle, I'm happy ^^
kharaa

Post by kharaa »

I liked fours graphics, i hated it's camera angles though.. but i also liked V's too.. somewhere around that works for me, I'm almost 100 percent positive it won't be 2D..

why? yes there is a fan base for suikoden, and i think the majority like 3d graphics, they're not going to take a step backwards in graphcis because a few of us like it all retro; they have to appeal to the larger fanbase and new players alike.
Oddllama

Post by Oddllama »

nephlabobo wrote:
Sniper_Zegai wrote:I really think that konami should go back to the Old 2D Suikoden setup but with high-end graphics and then pull all the 3D stops out in battles.
Why?

That's utterly pointless. And a step backwards.

God, people who insist games be 2-D are like people who insist women can't vote....a throwback to the stone age.

The look of Suikoden V was fine. Keep it.
Suikoden V was quite appealing, and I'd be satisfied if they stayed with that (which is likely), but if they went ahead with graphics comparable to games like Guilty Gear, where beautifully rendered 2-D sprites take full front, I would be equally, if not more pleased.
One drawback of V is that the scene was always so zoomed-out you could never get a real look at the characters.
shitow

Post by shitow »

I agree with this the characters looked too small for me ^_^
iclim4

Fire emblem visuals

Post by iclim4 »

since suikoden is an anime style rpg it should try to follow this anime stlye ,since it looks realistic and animeish at the same time..
check out their vid.. O.O
http://youtube.com/watch?v=hQyfWK-8B9s
Westley

Post by Westley »

Hi, i actually had this post in another thread but i think it fits here as well, i hope the everyone won't mind.

The serious blunders of Suikoden 4 behind the back camera is what i dislike among others. While good for action games, it just don't feel right with RPGs.

When Suikoden 3 was released I was interested to play the game in 3d, and wasn't quite disappointed. I felt that it retained the anime charm that Suikoden 1&2 sprites had. But so many people complained about the 'shortness' of the character models and kept comparing it to f.f which only lead to one of Suiko4's mistake by making the game less anime-like and more of a 3d adventuring type.

Suikoden 5 corrects the mistakes like by using a little cel-shading to the models and using an isometric camera angle. Since its not technologically sensible to return to using sprites, Suikoden5 is as close as we get to the original suikoden flavor.

My hopes for Suikoden 6 is that it improves on the suikoden flavor. No gimmicks like trinity system or sailing on the seas but more engrossing stories about the world and quests related improvements.
The bluest sky is ever high & crystal clear.
Raijin

Post by Raijin »

I want graphics very similar to what Suikoden V gave us.

A rotate-able and first person camera view just like Suiko IV, to take a better look at the characters awesome designs (except Suiko IV didn't have spectacular character designs, only maybe Jeane :D).

Finally, various new cultures and places like Suiko III gave us. e.g. semi-floating Le Beque, dry Caleria, wet Duck Village, creepy Great Hollow etc, all looked different and new.
nephlabobo

Post by nephlabobo »

The graphics style was great in S3 - but for the love of god, give us a full 360 rotating camera.

The S5 camera was *awful*.
WaterMoon

Post by WaterMoon »

The only graphically good part about S IV was the ability to rotate the camera and zoom in. SVI should look like SV with the ability to adjust the camera, even in the overhead look, to zoom in or rotate to better see the screen.
"C'mon, Jeane! The ugly stick had its way with you! Admiiiiiiiiiit it!"
---------------------------------------------------------------
"What do you think,Your Highness? Does kidnapping your little sister sound like fun?"
nephlabobo

Post by nephlabobo »

WaterMoon wrote:SVI should look like SV with the ability to adjust the camera, even in the overhead look, to zoom in or rotate to better see the screen.
Yeah, exactly what I was thinking.