Suikoden VI Visual Preference

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
KC_MCDOHL

Re: Suikoden VI Visual Preference

Post by KC_MCDOHL »

Yea, I think they should incorperate all the camera styles we have had so far. I really liked the animated Suikoden 3 cam, lots of different camrea angles. This made the game feel more manga and/or movie like, nicely animated camera angles. They should have this 'animated cam' again but with more of the camera angles switching to the fixed cam of Suikoden 1, 2 and 5 simply to keep the orginal 'Suikoden feel' of the game.

Then, with a click of the R2 button (or something) you can switch to third person or (with another click) first person, like in Suikoden 4's cam. With another press of the R2 button you can simply keep it on the traditional 'fixed cam' if you want. Utilising the camera this way takes care of everyones camera preferences.
suiko2fan2
Guide Writer

Post by suiko2fan2 »

As much as i hate to say it, i'd like to see something visual on par with a Final Fantasy, but still maintaining a Suikoden feel, and not a we sold out for pretty CGI effects and feminine male characters motif. if that makes any sense
I will establish one mighty nation in this land. A single, powerful nation, born of force and wielding force. That is the one and only way of freeing this land from war.

Best Suiko FanFic:
www.fanfiction.net/s/5194891/1/The-Puni ... of-the-Sun
Fei Wong

Post by Fei Wong »

Yeah, something like Lost Odyssey would be for me the real choice.
Let our mercy as deep as the Feitas and our authority as powerful as the Sun be revealed to the entire World!!
GrimJim

Post by GrimJim »

I was pretty happy with the Suikoden 5 graphics so those polished up would be good to me! lol temped to say 3D like ES oblivion but i think that would take away from game play if its not done right and put alot of limitions to the game like size.
With polished up suikoden V graphics i think it could be made massive and have alot more things they can put in. So long as it keeps the suikoden feel to it id be happy. Mebe Anime cut sceens, or details FMV sceens but they dont need to go FF and make it very pretty but very limmited like FF13....11 hours of running straight and then basicly a field to wonder about in. woo party there. _-_ zzz
LoL Suikoden 2 to graphics pollished up with more animations, think how big they could make the game! Just put in all the Empires and make it last forever! mwahahaha...god im sick of waiting for 6...
Ashietaka

Post by Ashietaka »

I would love to see Suikoden made with high end sprites, have a look like blaze blue in a Suikoden game, that would be just awesome to me, I like the 2D style. I don't mind the 3D style, but I'd prefure something like 2D. I know that most likely wouldn't happen since when was the last time you saw 2D graphics in RPG's recently? So just stick with the Suikoden 5 style making it very polished would be nice.
Ashietaka

Post by Ashietaka »

I would love to see Suikoden made with high end sprites, have a look like blaze blue in a Suikoden game, that would be just awesome to me, I like the 2D style. I don't mind the 3D style, but I'd prefure something like 2D. I know that most likely wouldn't happen since when was the last time you saw 2D graphics in RPG's recently? So just stick with the Suikoden 5 style making it very polished would be nice.
Ashietaka

Post by Ashietaka »

Themadcow

Post by Themadcow »

High end sprites would be awesome. But, actually, I'd almost prefer the visual style to be more tailored towards the mass market - 'realistic' 3D models with impressive lighting effects to show off in trailers - just because I'd want the game to shift as many units as possible.

Whatever 'we' as the fans want, we'll most likely buy it anyway. What Konami needs to do is find something that appeals to the disillusioned Square Enix crowd or new breed of Mass-Effect influenced gamers.

The primary limitation is likely to be the hardware with a handheld release to keep dev costs low instead of the relatively high PS3 costs.