A Modern or Futuristic Suikoden..?

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
amelia108

Post by amelia108 »

Rune of Illusion wrote:What is this storyline some of you are talking about? I thought each installment highlighted a particular instance in the Suikoden time line. What is the difference between one Suikoden set 400 years in the future and one set 400 years in the past? Outside of returning characters none. It is possible to have mysteries that still need some solving even if time goes by 1000 years.
i'm glad a few people are getting over their misgivings and realizing this type of game is a definite possibility, not a popular one mind you... the developers seem to be wanting to stick with their key audience, so i don't actually see it happening, but it's still possible, and it's not a definite "bad" idea as some say. to tell the truth, i don't really want 6 to leap into the future yet, but i do want some kind of significant change. i don't care about returning characters in the least anymore, i gave up on flik and viktor right around the time 4 was released... so if they even threw out viki and jeane i wouldn't care... of course it's obvious a lot of you would! but i am just very open to new ideas in suikoden, as if you couldn't tell...
Sniper_Zegai

Post by Sniper_Zegai »

Amelia try not to be put off by the posts. I think a futiristic Suikoden Tactics like game would'nt be un-welcome at all or maybe a type of spin-off Suikoden. I like your idea becuase I enjoy futuristic games or games with unusual technology like Grandia 1 & 2, Final Fantasy 7 and Wild Arms. I'd like to hear more specific ideas though, what did you have in mind when you thought of this thread?
PSX Emulator Questions are here, if you have problems. Ask and hopefully I can help. Formerly known as Seifer by the way.
amelia108

Post by amelia108 »

i don't see the point of making a tactics game in the future, it seems they like to make spinoffs to tie-up loose-ends. besides, i didn't really like the tactics game... i haven't even beaten it yet... :oops:

what i had in mind was that suikoden needs a change, not some "let's use all the heroes and go back to past countries and go back in time! yay!" premise. i don't have any concrete ideas on what it would be like (don't you people have your own imaginations? sheesh), that's what speculation is for, but i'm sure it would still be a very worthy addition to the series no matter where they went with it.

people just need to learn how to be more open-minded... yeah, that's probably asking too much. :P
Sniper_Zegai

Post by Sniper_Zegai »

Amelia108 wrote:people just need to learn how to be more open-minded... yeah, that's probably asking too much.
lol I know agree Amelia. I like to give ideas in topics, Specific ideas. When I create a thread (especially involving future suikodens) I have a very particualr idea of what Im thinking about. However I feel like if I post that idea people will feel inclined to jump on that instead of posting ideas of there own. Its not a bad thing, I enjoy the critisism but others may feel differently.
Amelia108 wrote:i don't see the point of making a tactics game in the future, it seems they like to make spinoffs to tie-up loose-ends. besides, i didn't really like the tactics game... i haven't even beaten it yet...
lol same here. But probably not for the reason you stopped playing. I lost my CD that lets me play american games. I was so looking forward to the tactics release that I bought in from america before I had a chance to realise it was coming out in the UK. lol.
what i had in mind was that suikoden needs a change, not some "let's use all the heroes and go back to past countries and go back in time! yay!" premise. i don't have any concrete ideas on what it would be like (don't you people have your own imaginations? sheesh), that's what speculation is for, but i'm sure it would still be a very worthy addition to the series no matter where they went with it.
Hmmm I have to agree about the time travel thing but disagree on the heroes. I wanna see the heroes again not all at once mind you but at least at some point. As I said in another post (on another thread) I dont think its right for all the heroes to just dissapear. As for the time travelling thing I just dont see how it could work it kinda seems like a lazy way out of writing a new story.
PSX Emulator Questions are here, if you have problems. Ask and hopefully I can help. Formerly known as Seifer by the way.
27x4=108

Post by 27x4=108 »

Sniper_Zegai wrote:
I dont think its right for all the heroes to just dissapear
in my opinion every suikoden needs "the tir of suikoden II", or other heroes in the last star of the sod, something like "get 107 and you will get X hero"

geddoe: hey man, do you need help? im so strong ( yes, like georg in II :P )
hero: recruit!!!!
Sorry for my very bad english! :S
Sniper_Zegai

Post by Sniper_Zegai »

Thats the Spirit! Yeah I thought the cut scene they gave Tir in Suikoden 2 was great. Its nice to think that Tir is out there somewhere in a small village fishing. Its kinda sad to think the rest of them are nowhere to be found.

Suikoden 2 heroes maybe a little difficult to pull off but Im sure the guys at Konami could pull it off. As for 3 Im not sure either. mainly because it will be difficult to meet them all indivisually.

Suikoden 4: you could get lost in a storm and along comes a shadowy robes lazlo who helps you fight off some sort of monster and helps you a little on your way. Tells you a little about what hes been upto and then moves on.

Suikoden 5: Simular sort of thing but less secretive, maybe you meet a stranger who seems kind who has the triple nunchucks. Later you need reinforcements for a battle and for no reason felanan troops show up and say nothing more than "A good word was put in for you". And then they leave.

These are basic ideas at the most but what do you think?
The Prophet

Post by The Prophet »

As far as this topic goes, the Suikoden World already appears to have a modern and futuristic aspect. So, I would like to continue to see both and I think we will since the Sindar are speculated as still existing.

And I think bringing old hereos back is a good idea as long as it doesn't hurt the plot of the present story. I think the creator's did a good job fitting Tir into Suikoden 2. There was actually a good reason for him being there, but if we happen to set a game in Nagarea or the Southern Continent, I would hate to see Hugo or Chris prancing around in those regions because they would not have any reason to be there.
EternalOnslaught

Post by EternalOnslaught »

I suppose it would be interesting to see what new technology present itself in the future installments, maybe a post S3 installment. And The Prophet is correct about technology already present in the game. Such as the elevators in the home bases, the revoling bridge in S5, though extinct the rune cannons were a technological marvel to me.

It would be cool to see a weapon similar to the rune cannon in a future installment posing as a threat that a enemy country has control of.
Sandalphon - Senso Suikoden
Sniper_Zegai

Post by Sniper_Zegai »

lol, the dwarves from Suikoden 1 nust have been mentioned before now. They had incredible technology. The burning mirror and the firewind cannon for a start as well as their weird biuldings and town. I'd be amazed if we dont see more of the dwarves.