Suikoden VI Cancelled?!

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
the-traitor-mcdohl

Suikoden VI Cancelled?!

Post by the-traitor-mcdohl »

Today, IGN reported that Konami is cancelling the RPG projects for both the PS3 and Wii. I'm not sure if Suikoden VI was one of these or not, but it might have been.
For the IGN story, follow the link.
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/754/754307p1.html
Tsharr

Post by Tsharr »

Sounds ominous, but with the label "New RPG," that might just mean something along the lines of a new RPG series of itself.

Without a name, it's something we can't and shouldn't worry about.
Persmerga

Post by Persmerga »

Yeah to me it sounds like they have cancelled a completly new game so im not worrying :D
Some hooligan keeps disconnecting the alarm. I told Security to look into it. But no, no, they'd rather catch the guy who's stealing organs from the transplant ward!!
Michael Easton

Post by Michael Easton »

I seriously doubt that Konami would cancel Suikoden because it's pretty big in Japan, if I'm not mistaken. Even if they didn't develop it for PS3/X-Box 360/Wii they could always do it for the DS or PSP - not exactly the best idea though.
nephlabobo

Post by nephlabobo »

I doubt it's Suikoden.
Rune of Illusion

Post by Rune of Illusion »

A RPG on the Wii was cancelled. It wasn't called new just a RPG. I hope that wasn't Suikoden!
you can learn more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.
thcrock
Global Admin

Post by thcrock »

From the fact that they said Grandius Series, if Suikoden was cancelled, they would have said Suikoden Series.
the-traitor-mcdohl

Everyone makes a good point, but what I'm worried about is that Suikoden VI was supposed to be in developement already and you can see the list of Konami projects that currently are (and Suiko VI is not one of them). I guess they could have just thrown it on the back-burner, but that means it'll be a LOOOONG wait until it comes out (especially here in the States).
killbot1000

Post by killbot1000 »

Thats probably exactly what they did, didn't cancel suikoden, but just put it on the back burner until they get things like metal gear and etc. out of the way, I'm not too worried, ps3s have been off to a slow start, so I think konami is going to wait until the market is pretty saturated to release a suikoden, it isnt the highest grossing game for them, but they know they can sell like 2 million copies on the first day, heheh.
EDIT by Red Killy: Please read the rules regarding Avatar. Removed due to breaching the rules.
skymansxeno

Post by skymansxeno »

"Everyone makes a good point, but what I'm worried about is that Suikoden VI was supposed to be in developement already and you can see the list of Konami projects that currently are (and Suiko VI is not one of them)"

Your getting a little ahead of yourself there. That is a list of confirmed games. And even though it was pretty much stated that Suikoden VI is in its earliest stages by one of the employees, that wasn't an official announcement by Konami. So don't think they put it in the back burner yet until they say Suikoden is cancelled.

I think konami just realized that Suikoden and Castlevania (if that counts) are the only rpgs they have that get much attention. I rember at konamistars boards that suikoden post and veiwers were in the thousands while the others were lucky to reach 100. Konami probably realized that Suikoden is its only rpg worth pooling resources into and decided to cut the other projects. If this is the case then than this is very good news as Suikoden will most likely get a better bugdet and more help (if they haven't fired everybody who worked on the other games).

But quite the scare though. I am still a littled worried till they officially announce SVI.
eweller3488

No games cancelled

Post by eweller3488 »

If you go back to web site that you found this info, you will find that they corrected their mistake and that none of the games are getting cancelled, only that the release dates are TBA. So for any other die hard Suikoden fans like me, we have nothing to worry about... As long as they really are in progress with a sixth Suikoden.
the-traitor-mcdohl

What does being a "die hard Suikoden fan" have to do with not worrying about the future of the series?
Rune of Illusion

Re: No games cancelled

Post by Rune of Illusion »

eweller3488 wrote:If you go back to web site that you found this info, you will find that they corrected their mistake and that none of the games are getting cancelled, only that the release dates are TBA. So for any other die hard Suikoden fans like me, we have nothing to worry about... As long as they really are in progress with a sixth Suikoden.
I don't know why your are being so smart as that info has just been released.
This info was posted before the correction so us fans was worried about the series. To me, if you like something you'll worry about it if something bad happens to it.
you can learn more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Re: No games cancelled

Post by Oppenheimer »

Rune of Illusion wrote:I don't know why your are being so smart as that info has just been released.
I don't think he was trying to be a smart alec about it. I think he was just trying to let us know.

However, why he typed all in bold I'm not sure.
Sephir

Post by Sephir »

http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2007/01/12/kon ... t-so-much/

If u want to see an article about it :)