Suikoden 2 remake.....but jowy side of view

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
anokosa

suikoden 2 perspectives

Post by anokosa »

i was reading a topic by Karayan_Fighter and i saw a theory for a new suikoden 6 game. well why not make a suikoden 2 makeover where you can choose your character, riou or jowy, name them what you want and follow that persons storyline through, eg rune SoD etc. What do you think?
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

We've already seen Riou & Jowy's perspectives during the Dunan Unification War, so I doubt Konami would do this. Riou's perspective is presented in Suikoden 2, and Jowy's perspective is presented in Suikogaiden Volume Two. Well, not entirely, but it's definitely not something Konami would be doing anytime soon.
sidvicious15

Suikoden 2 remake.....but jowy side of view

Post by sidvicious15 »

To be perfectly honest i was piss that i got that shield rune, and when the character didnt have a dramatic background and lets not foget the hole "i dont no my daddy and i get picked on all the time". You have to admit jowy is a little more intresting then the heroe. I would like to see a the next suikoden game(because we all know that S5 had excellent ratings and sells) to see jowy point of view YOU control Jowy.
anokosa

Post by anokosa »

agreed. jowy rocks!!!! (btw, this threads gonna get locked.)
warmaster670

Post by warmaster670 »

that would be boring though, no m108 characters, playing a story where you already know what happens
anokosa

Post by anokosa »

alternate endings. play the game in a different perspective, see things from jowy's point of view, and see how it goes. you can take the game a different way, but still play true to the storyline.
Persmerga

Post by Persmerga »

I don't think they'd consider ever doing this because it would complicate things and could possibly contradict things if they re-did same game differently but from a different point of view.

They could possibly eventually go back and do somthing that follows from SII by creating an unknown storie after that if it would fit in with the time line but who knows if they will do something like that i think there gonna explore all different places in the Suikoden series like they decided to do and possibly the blank areas on the Suikoden map (Western Continent & islands below)

Suikoden World Map
Some hooligan keeps disconnecting the alarm. I told Security to look into it. But no, no, they'd rather catch the guy who's stealing organs from the transplant ward!!
Red Killey
Elite Member

Post by Red Killey »

What the point of even making Jowy's point of view? There isn't enough significance from his point of view (unlike Luc's in Suikoden III) to warrant a separate point of view.
lets not foget the hole "i dont no my daddy and i get picked on all the time"
I don't even understand what hole you're talking about. He doesn't know his father. So? What hole? Riou didn't know his father either. So what?
You have to admit jowy is a little more intresting then the heroe.
Eh? I don't think Jowy is all that interesting. He's not bad, but not all that great either. I'm more interested with Riou.
The new chief of moderating team. If you notice any problems within the discussion forum, do inform me. Thank you.
Feldoon

Post by Feldoon »

Agreeing with RK, but I suppose if a Suikoden II remake on the Wii comes out (Fishing! Wiimote! Cooking! Wiimote! Rune spells! Wiimote! Yeah, I'm clutching at straws. But the straws make things move! *jiggles Wiimote*) then it'll be a nice 108 clear prize.

Other than that, Jowy can sod off :3
Persmerga

Post by Persmerga »

Yeah in all fairness i don't find Jowy that interesting there are lots more characters that culd have side games or much more game idea's that Konami could focus on other than Jowy!

Anyone agree with these things that could be developed:

• What Happened to Flik & Viktor after SII & Higheast Rebellion
    Yuber (obviously something else needed along with)
    Sindar (needs dam good story and possibly links to other games)
    Western Continent Story
    More Harmonia Story (E.G. Hikusaak & The Hero War)
Anyone wanna add to what Konami could possibly spend time focusing on??

Just minor thing does anyone know where can find all latest know Suikoden VI information??
Some hooligan keeps disconnecting the alarm. I told Security to look into it. But no, no, they'd rather catch the guy who's stealing organs from the transplant ward!!
hugoflamechamp

Post by hugoflamechamp »

The one problem I see with all of these branch-off storylines, or the idea of remaking Jowy's point of view, is that one of the main features of Suikoden (and it's namesake) is the idea of the 108 stars of destiny gathering to achieve some greater purpose. We don't see this happening with all those side stories.
Persmerga

Post by Persmerga »

Yeah the idea of 108 SoD is key to all main Suikoden games within the franchise and with the branched off storyline in which you'd choose the order in which you do game, the 108 SoD could easily be adapted into this style of game not so much the jowy remake (that would never happen) unless they did it so that Jowy recruited his own SoD but some would say this wouldn't work anyway because this is possible re-make from point of view of Jowy but there could be the argument that in Suikoden II Leknaat says something along the lines of each having to start there own journey but you cant have 2 sets of 108 SoD assembling at the same time!

Always would be pro's and con's if this game was gonna be real but luckily the Jowy remake is something not viable and there are better directions for the Suikoden series to be heading in.
nephlabobo

Post by nephlabobo »

Just..........no.

And you deserve a whipping for even suggesting a remake of S II.
Rune of Illusion

Post by Rune of Illusion »

Feldoon wrote:Agreeing with RK, but I suppose if a Suikoden II remake on the Wii comes out (Fishing! Wiimote! Cooking! Wiimote! Rune spells! Wiimote! Yeah, I'm clutching at straws. But the straws make things move! *jiggles Wiimote*) then it'll be a nice 108 clear prize.

Other than that, Jowy can sod off :3
I'm sorry, but the chances of Suikoden 2 remake on the Wii is abysmal seeing as how Suikoden 2 has already been ported to the PSP. This is probably the closest to a remake of that game we will get.

Pesmerga, the series will probably head in the directions you suggested. I personally want to see the Hero's war.
you can learn more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.
Sniper_Zegai

Post by Sniper_Zegai »

I have had some ideas before which seemed good but in hindsight sucked. A remake of Suikoden 2 from jowy's point of view simply would'nt work and you would have to make up a whole new bunch of SoD's. What would be the point if you only to lose in the end anyway. There are plenty of bad guys which would have made great playable characters (Seed, Culgan, Luca, Han) but it would'nt be enough to keep it afloat.

Im not against a Suikoden remake but I dont think this concept would work. Sorry. But keep the ideas coming, you never know!
PSX Emulator Questions are here, if you have problems. Ask and hopefully I can help. Formerly known as Seifer by the way.