Suikoden 2 remake.....but jowy side of view

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
bench2hotty

Post by bench2hotty »

Persmerga wrote:Yeah in all fairness i don't find Jowy that interesting there are lots more characters that culd have side games or much more game idea's that Konami could focus on other than Jowy!

Anyone agree with these things that could be developed:

• What Happened to Flik & Viktor after SII & Higheast Rebellion
    Yuber (obviously something else needed along with)
    Sindar (needs dam good story and possibly links to other games)
    Western Continent Story
    More Harmonia Story (E.G. Hikusaak & The Hero War)
Anyone wanna add to what Konami could possibly spend time focusing on??

Just minor thing does anyone know where can find all latest know Suikoden VI information??
I look better in black armor and you know it!
bench2hotty

Post by bench2hotty »

Sorry for double posting :oops: well about what konami could focus would be George's story, maybe how he became a ebony moon knight in the grasslands and maybe see the succesion war.
I look better in black armor and you know it!
Fury

Post by Fury »

The Jowy POV wouldn't work, and I'll tell you why.

#1, The game would be the same as Suikoden II until the point Jowy leaves/gets captured.

#2, Everything you need to know about Jowy was told via cutscenes during the game.

#3, Yeah, it sucks that you got stuck with a healing rune and not an offensive rune, but so what? The game turned out fine, no remake is necessary.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

They could do a half-assed version of Jowy's scenerio the way they did an Ada scenerio "Separate Ways" in Resident Evil 4 (PS2). Basically just have snippits of him playable in a remake of the game, not a full point to point game. They'd skip the parts that were already playable as him.

It would suck but it's the only way I can see Konami bothering with it.
Fury

Post by Fury »

Meh, I don't even see them giving lip service to it. Jowy was great, yes, but we seem to know all we need to know about him right now, especially as far as the Suikoden II storyline goes.
Sniper_Zegai

Post by Sniper_Zegai »

Oppenheimer wrote:They could do a half-assed version of Jowy's scenerio the way they did an Ada scenerio "Separate Ways" in Resident Evil 4 (PS2).
NOOO!?!? NOT ANOTHER WORD, I JUST BOUGHT RESI EVIL 4, And I want to find out for myself lol.

I agree with the half-assed sub story though. Onimusha is a good example of a poor sub qeust that still plays well. I think a small side thing with georg and jowy or maybe even Luca would be cool.
PSX Emulator Questions are here, if you have problems. Ask and hopefully I can help. Formerly known as Seifer by the way.
WaterMoon

Post by WaterMoon »

While Jowy was a cool character (way cooler than say, Snowe), I agree that seeing him again would be as an extra star in a game between II and III, not as his own stand alone. Seeing alternate POV's was one of the great things about III, but everyone shot that game down so much that they didn't try it again. I thought it was a cool idea, the only down side not having a character you really identified with as the Hero(TM) until late in the game, having to go through 9 (or 11 if ya did Thomas's POV as well) chapters until you finally chose your Flame Champion. So yeah, only way we'd see more of Jowy would be if they were to remake II with updated graphics for a newer system and include a Jowy POV as part of a 108 stars special bonus, kind of like how they did Luc's at the end of III.
"C'mon, Jeane! The ugly stick had its way with you! Admiiiiiiiiiit it!"
---------------------------------------------------------------
"What do you think,Your Highness? Does kidnapping your little sister sound like fun?"
darkphoenix

Post by darkphoenix »

I am sure it could reach 108 stars on Jowy s side (seeds, culgan, leon, sasarai, jillia...) + some other characters + maybe other suikoden 1/3/5s characters. the story coulb be different though, Highland would win and we d have a diffent point of view of the rebel army.

On the other hand, some suikoden 2 characters could have joined Highland (Humphrey, Futch, Wakaba, Tony among others) as well.

in a nutshell it would a "what if..." suikoden. Sounds good to me.
Clayton_Y

Re: Suikoden 2 remake.....but jowy side of view

Post by Clayton_Y »

I remember reading in my old game informer back when 2 was first announced that it was rumored to be a 2 disc set letting you play the opposing side of the story....This obviously was either just complete speculation or the idea was scrapped with good reason, but I would love to see it happen
sunstar25

Post by sunstar25 »

Playing the antagonist part might be interesting. You can run around and talk to NPC's and some of them will suck up to you and some will tell you what you want to hear and say "&@%^" You behind your back
MaskedBishop

Post by MaskedBishop »

me and my girlfriend are putting together material so that we can run an idea similar to this online, less of a 'The exact story from another point of view' and more a divergent reality where Jowy (as king of Highland) is the Tenkai instead of Riou, characters will obviously be able to change the 'canon' way of things such as who dies and Riou's success and so forth, its been alot of fun coming up with ideas and as of right now im throwing together a list of Stars (obviously quite a few will be OCs but a significant portion already have stars assigned.)

As for playing it as is from Jowy's perspective, not a terrible idea as long as they didn't expect it to span a huge game, they can run it very similar to how you ran The 'bad guys' in suikoden 3 if you got all 108.
EternalOnslaught

Post by EternalOnslaught »

Doing this as a regular game would be a bad idea. Collecting the 108 Stars of destiny would be difficult, their were more SODs than villians in S2. Now, if they scrap the SOD ideology like they did with Suikoden Tactics/Rhapsodia, it might be interesting, that is if he ventured off to places that Riou never visited and met people he never did. At most, it might make a decent Gaiden.
Sandalphon - Senso Suikoden
Chaco

Post by Chaco »

Jowy was a great character but Suikoden 2 is a great game and should be left alone. It doesn't need a remake. I wouldn't mind seeing characters from the game in future games but I don't ever want a remake.

BTW I heard they are putting Suikoden 1 and 2 on the PSP but I don't know if that is true. Anyone else know about this?
These wings arn't just for show you know!
-Chaco
Jake Johnson

Post by Jake Johnson »

I wanted something like that too, but what I wanted was this:

To use Suikoden III's Trinity system to view the events from Suikoden II from three viewpoints:

1) A Highland citizen or soldier
2) A Jowstone citizen or soldier
3) Some merchant who got caught in the middle!
Anel21

Post by Anel21 »

I think that Suikoden II is the best of Suikoden series and Jowy is the best character ever. I would love to see his side of story. :D :D