Decadent country

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
Rezard

Decadent country

Post by Rezard »

Every suikoden so far has been set in a prosperous country, I've been thinking, it wouldn't be better to have a game in a country that is in an Apocalyptical state.

Imagine a country where the people are starving because the fields have been destroyed in constant wars, bandit hordes roam the country free to sack entire villages and commercial caravans, foreign countries would have no interest in taking over such a poor country and would prefer to build strongholds in its borders to protect themselves from bandits and keeping refugees out, distant evil countries could build up bases in this country only to capture slaves for trade since no one cares about their future, corrupted factions would be keep a constant civil war out of hatred and desire for power, etc...

I think that saving such a country would be much more meritorious than any other stuff you've done in other games. What do you think ?
Tsubaki

Post by Tsubaki »

That sound like a really good idea, to save a place thats been basicly in ruin for years insted of a place thats only just stated to go bad, but is they anywere in the suikoden world like that :?:
Crowetron

Re: Decadent country

Post by Crowetron »

There is the Nameless Lands, a place so messed up no ever bothered to name it. Get your #$@% together people! Some one needs to send Milich up there to go on a naming spree!

Seriously though, I love this idea. And I desperately want to see the Nameless Lands.
"Death is for NPCs." ~ Red Mage

"Sometimes, justice is just a pretty word. Other times, justice is three feet of steel hittin' you in the face!" ~ Boz Wilde, philosopher

Georg = Batman?
Vermillion.Twilight

Post by Vermillion.Twilight »

I really didint enjoy the depressing scenery while in LordLake. I dont really wanna spend a whole game in places like that.
"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream"
Crowetron

Post by Crowetron »

Ah, but the interesting part would be rebuilding and restoring the land, much like Riou & the gang did with North Window. I always loved how, when you first get there, N. Window is basically a desolate ghost town, but by the end of the game, its a beautiful and vibrant castle-town!

Imagine if we got to restore placing other than our HQ, whether it'd be directly or indirectly.
"Death is for NPCs." ~ Red Mage

"Sometimes, justice is just a pretty word. Other times, justice is three feet of steel hittin' you in the face!" ~ Boz Wilde, philosopher

Georg = Batman?
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

Crowetron wrote:Ah, but the interesting part would be rebuilding and restoring the land, much like Riou & the gang did with North Window. I always loved how, when you first get there, N. Window is basically a desolate ghost town, but by the end of the game, its a beautiful and vibrant castle-town!

Imagine if we got to restore placing other than our HQ, whether it'd be directly or indirectly.
some Wild ARMs games had a rebuild-town subquest.. as you donated more and more money, the town gradually got repaired and improved. definitely a good idea, especially with how easy it is to get money in Suikoden, you might as well make challenges based on money.
Author

Post by Author »

Lol, definitely Nameless Lands XD but yea, it's a great idea. An obviously corrupted country.
Templeton
Banned User

Post by Templeton »

Well, I'm officially recognizing the "Nameless lands" to be the region of the Suikoden Tierkries spin off.

In that manner the area is somewhat of an enigma to us and it would be interesting to see an undeveloped area become a vibrant area and cultural hub.

As long as it's not to deppressing to see, we should have some sort of "Country" HQ system where we use a destroyed region to build a base, and not just an individual location.

Thanks for your time.

Ryan.
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

I've always thought of Harmonia as a decadent and decaying country. It's been stagnating for so long that some parts of it look barren while others look like they were built in ancient times and are barely maintained (Suikogaiden helped illustrate it).

Perhaps a post-Harmonia world would be a great place to start seeing the land be refreshed and brought back to life.
Formerly known as: Gothann
Pollensalta

Post by Pollensalta »

Actually not a bad idea. I like reading stuff like that (like The Stand, Swan Song, etc.) Maybe would be some time after Suikoden 3.
Purr.
Mustang

Post by Mustang »

I think it's already done in Suikoden 1. I don't remember ever visiting a glorious (rich and calm) city except Greigmeister while other cities have corrupt officials and lots of bandit or renegades in their neighborhood.
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

Mustang wrote:I think it's already done in Suikoden 1. I don't remember ever visiting a glorious (rich and calm) city except Greigmeister while other cities have corrupt officials and lots of bandit or renegades in their neighborhood.
That's because Suikoden had one of the more mature stories in the series, seeing as how it tried to stay true to the original Chinese story. Suikoden 2 was more comical, so the closest we ever got was Rina seducing a guard into Kyaro.
Formerly known as: Gothann