Suikoden VI, True Rune(s) involved...

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
Iris

Post by Iris »

We already know all of that, jedano. As 27 said, this is about True Rune speculation.
CJack14dt

Sound Rune

Post by CJack14dt »

Originally I thought this would be corny but as I think about it, it could be done. I'm sure there's got to be a True Sound Rune aka Rune of Harmony and Dissonance. We could have a main character who is mute (for real, not just because there's no dialogue for him) and the rune could have destructive and supportive qualities. Like it could have sonic attack spells and supportive spells like a Bard in Final Fantasy. However, the game would have to focus on having spectacular top-notch music. It would have to be all or nothing because just a regular Suikoden with the hero using DoReMi elves sounds for a rune would fail miserably imo.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

At least a silent protagonist would make sense for once in that case.
27x4=108

Post by 27x4=108 »

they used life and death, night and sun, pain and forgiveness, the elements, the initial myth of the shield and the sword, chaos, dimensional gates, and change and stagnation ( ok the runes didnt appeared, but its almost imposible suikoden VI is with Hikusaak or the leader of the sindar )

they need put something diferent, love, sounds, dont know, but could be
Sorry for my very bad english! :S
bench2hotty

Post by bench2hotty »

i just hope many new true runes shows up just like suikoden 1.
I look better in black armor and you know it!
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

You don't want them to use them all up too quickly. They only have 27 to work with and it's always nice to have some be a surprise.
bench2hotty

Post by bench2hotty »

But it COULD give the next game a more epic feel like suikoden 1. Although it could make the series a bit shorter.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Not surprisingly, the true runes introduced in S1 had the most recurring roles in the series. The timeless Soul Eater is a prime example, with True Wind and Gate runes not far behind. We have also seen the Night Rune (better known as the Star Dragon Sword) a few times throughout the series as well.

Of course, I'd rather have ONE main true rune in the entire game that is well-developed in terms of plot AND gameplay, rather than having too many of them thrown together in the story to please the fans without enough focus and weight given to the individual rune. Suikoden III's true runes, anyone?
J-Watt

Post by J-Watt »

Alrighty, we've got true runes left, and there has yet to be an explanation for any of their actions.

So now we've got to assume that Konami has no plans to end the series just yet. After all, they would have announced it if they had no more plans because then people (like most of us) would have snatched the game up like crazy.

In order to keep this going as long as possible while keeping the game interesting, there needs to be more than one True Rune in each game, barring creative storylines explaining it away. To keep the number of new True Runes to a minimum, they are being split up and recycled in small numbers. For example, Ted was brought back in Suikoden IV, which was totally cool, IMHO.

However, I don't think the consumer will be entirely alright with just one True Rune revealed per game. I'm thinking the series, if it doesn't die out, will last maybe three or four games, tops.

The key to making an interesting game with such limited means is the combination of the True Runes that will make for a good story. Since the True Runes are, lets face it, so unpredictable that they might as well be competely insane, I'm going to say that we'll see th rise and fall of some of our favorite characters. We'll probably never learn why Jean and Vicki are functionally immortal (or can travel through time :P ), but I'm guessing that one plot point will be the slaughter of the Windy's clan.

But that's just me.
modi

Post by modi »

it's not just about revealing new true runes there are runes that have been missing like the sovereign rune and the true wind rune , so the story may show a new true rune and the story of what happened to other runes
bench2hotty

Post by bench2hotty »

Mybe 2 true runes per game, 1 true rune on your side and the other true rune's on the enemy's side.
Gael

Post by Gael »

I guess could be good a World War between all the nations of Suikoden

Or Maybe one duel between Mazus and Crowley
Dura Sinai

Post by Dura Sinai »

I don't believe in a certain quota of tru runes in a game as it really depends on the scenario.

For instance Suikoden V only really dealt with a single true rune, not even in your posession. It worked well for that scenario.

Then you have Suikoden III which had the most. Well, having the five elementals together certainly make a lot of sense.

Suikoden II again had most of it as indrect as you never get real control of a single True rune. You can't use Wind, the hero has a component of a true rune, jowy obviously has the other half, the beast rune is on the opposing side, the star dragon sword is its own thing. You recover Sierra's rune as a sidequest but it serves no other purpose. Lots of mentions but not a whole lot are actually used or even very important to the plot.

So if Harmonia gets done for instance, well, the Circle rune pretty much should be a factor, and we know they have at least posession of the True Earth rune. And since Suikoden loves to do the balance of opposites, I would say seeing the rune of change would not surprise me.

Or a new region, again if you have some runes that have some relation... it makes sense for there to be multiples or it might just be a single rune. A good story shouldn't depend on the number of runes.

I think people are just being silly and worrying about 'will the series end when they get through all 27 true runes' thing that they stop caring about how good a plot is.

Heck give me a damn good story with no true rune and I'll still be happy while I am sure most of the fandom would simply bitch.
Sniper_Zegai

Post by Sniper_Zegai »

I suppose your right. I call it the "Superman" scenario. In the original superman(comic not film)he could'nt fly so the writers just added the power with no real explanation. Konami can just do it whenever they need more true runes. There is no explanation as to how the rune of beginning is split in two but you just accept it because thats the hand your dealt. There are plenty of weird things in the Suikoden world that are never really explained but the game is still great. So in conclusion I dont really wanna know what all the true runes and there powers are until its absolutely necessary.
PSX Emulator Questions are here, if you have problems. Ask and hopefully I can help. Formerly known as Seifer by the way.
Yuber_XIV

Post by Yuber_XIV »

I think Suikoden VI should be about important true rune holders that are/were non-playable characters like Hikusaak(Circle Rune), Milia (Dragon Rune), etc coming together and the power from the combined true runes forming a new true rune. Sounds kind of lame I know, but the creators could definately come up with something. I'd just like to know more about the Dragon rune.