THE RETURN OF MCDOHL!!

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
Rezard

Post by Rezard »

Answered already. See the Water/Coffie stuff.

Or must I say it again? The Gate Rune was a true rune wich was broken in two using a technique of some sort. Because it was broken in two by force wich made it a Half True Rune. While the Dark Blade and Bright Shield rune were NORMAL runes that only when combined forms a True Rune. It is even possible that the Beginning Rune was never formed before Riou and Jowy got it. And its also not sure if the Gate Rune pieces can be reassembled.
One has the power to summon monsters(front gate rune) and the other to send them back to the Emtpy World (back gate rune).
The water/Coffee stuff says that both runes are equal, that’s why they both grant ageless. Your affirmations cannot be both right, if you want to follow the water/coffee theory. Are the runes different or are they equal?

So... who broke the rune in two? Didn’t Leeknaat and Windy bear this rune because they are the last of their tribe?
She probably wanted both but needed the Soul Eater first so that she can overpower Leknaat. Thats just my guess.
Didn’t she have Yuber and Neclord with her? Along with the entire SME army working for her? Do you mean that with all that she still couldn’t overpower her sister?

But if Leeknaat is stronger than her sister, why doesn’t she go after the other half, I bet she doesn’t like when her sister goes around burning down villages.
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

Seriously, this is getting off-topic. Go make a different thread if its bothering you so much. Not that it will help you since everything will just be repeated. The Gate Rune pieces ARE equal in power, they just don't have the same aspect of the former Gate Runes power. Is that so hard to understand?

Leknaat and Windy: Ageless(that is, if Windy isn't dead already)

Riou and Jowy: Not Ageless

End of story.
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

Hah.
Angelis_Taleria wrote:Konami has explained the difference between The Gate Rune and the Rune of the Beginning. Riou and Jowy are officially ageless, end of story. There is no debating this FACT.
Yes, I meant NOT ageless. Meh. Even this almighty, not to mention sexy, bibliophile can make mistakes.
I hope everything is going delicious.
Night

Post by Night »

Just shows that nothing is predictable in this crazy world :wink:
Ice has formed and there's snow between the tracks/ And I have seen the surface tear and I can't look back/ And cool low sun has blinded you for days from horizon to horizon can I dream this all away
Kirkis

Post by Kirkis »

I enjoy the tidbits of returning characters... and I also liked Ted in Suikoden IV... honestly... I'd REALLY like to play a prequel or even a sequel game where instead of having a former main character be a side-character, have a former side-character be a main character... like Futch or Flik or Viktor or Reinbach III or Sasarai, etc.

I suppose technically they could never be a Tenkai Star though considering that they'd have already been another Star at some point in time... right?
DearWoman

Post by DearWoman »

ermmm... I tot Riou and Jowy holds the True Bright Shield and True Black Sword??? wHY are they not ageless?
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

DearWoman wrote:ermmm... I tot Riou and Jowy holds the True Bright Shield and True Black Sword??? wHY are they not ageless?
Nah those aren't the names of those runes, it's just Bright Shield and Black Sword (sometimes referred to as Shining Shield and Black Blade), no "True" in their names. Those runes are just normal ones, albeit special ones. When combined, they make the Rune of Beginning (which is a True Rune), but seperately they are not, and therefore do not grant agelessness to their bearers.
DearWoman

Post by DearWoman »

ooooo.. then a return of Riou... with a True Rune of Beginning... along with mystery of how he got it..what happens to Jowy & Nanami... also a new whole adventure of Suikoden VI!!
Blade75

Post by Blade75 »

I would love to have Tir back but that probably won't happen even if he does come back he'll probably just be a playable character where you have locate him somewhere or maybe you might have to use your previous game data to get him but i also doubt that too :)