Suikoden 6 Hero background.

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
Benthos

Re: Suikoden 6 Hero background.

Post by Benthos »

Pollensalta wrote:The Tenkai has always been a previously unknown character. It should stay that way.
Certainly right. It has to be this way or it wouldn't be so cool.
patapi wrote:Pilika has the potential to be a complex returning character that it would be a waste of potential to fit her into the figurehead role. Considering her past (and possible experiences thereafter), a Georg Prime mentor-type role would be preferable for me.
It would be great to have Pilika as a martial artist and mentor of the new hero. She could even be his/her best friend or even a love interest (although I don't like romance in Suikoden).
Red rune wrote:I wonder if Mcdohl even notices Kasumi... poor kasumi...
You know, now that you reminded me of this, it's strange how the Tenkais normally attracts short-haired girls. Tir attracted Kasumi, Riou attracted Eilie(although it was not stated so well), and Freyjadour attracted Lyon a little. I don't know if the same happens to Lazlo and Thomas (or Hugo).
Ninjalizer wrote:My thought was to have a ninja Tenkai.
It would be great. It's one of my ideas for a perfect 6th Tenkai. I just think that the backstory could be more centered on the good side of the ninjas, as warriors fighting for peace instead of stealing and killing people. Or the Tenkai could make a rebellion against the ninja clan.
RangerDeon

Post by RangerDeon »

Benthos wrote:
Red rune wrote:I wonder if Mcdohl even notices Kasumi... poor kasumi...
You know, now that you reminded me of this, it's strange how the Tenkais normally attracts short-haired girls. Tir attracted Kasumi, Riou attracted Eilie(although it was not stated so well), and Freyjadour attracted Lyon a little. I don't know if the same happens to Lazlo and Thomas (or Hugo).
Belle seemed to have a small crush on Hugo. If you play with the dogs (I think it was the dogs) she says how Hugo is so cool. . or something like that.

Also, didn't Cecile like Thomas? She acted like it.

"I wasn't getting rid of you. I want you to do whatever you want to do with me. I know that sounded dirty, and dirty things count, but I didn't mean the dirty things. You and me can hang whenever, wherever."
-Lorelai Gilmore
Crowetron

Post by Crowetron »

Ninjalizer wrote:My thought was to have a ninja Tenkai and have the story revolve around how he doesn't remember his past and doesn't remember why he joined this group of ninjas.
Ooo, or an ex-Nether Gate member, like Oboro's gang or Lyon. That would certainly be interesting, and it would open up a subplot about Nether Gate (or whatever they go by now) pursuing him/her for leaving.
"Death is for NPCs." ~ Red Mage

"Sometimes, justice is just a pretty word. Other times, justice is three feet of steel hittin' you in the face!" ~ Boz Wilde, philosopher

Georg = Batman?
Ninjalizer

Post by Ninjalizer »

Agreed. Some hero with a dark past would be nice. Maybe he's trying to make up for what he's done. Maybe he's just now changing his ways. Anything that differs from the "I'm a prince and whole-heartedly good" scenario.
In order of greatness:
S3 > S2 > S5 > S1 > S4
eternal_sins

Post by eternal_sins »

Dark past huh??
hmm.. . its cool. .

suddenly I thought up of something. .
I was wondering whats gonna happen in the truth surface.
Gonna be hard for the tenkai to deal. .
but i'm sure he could manage it somehow. .
Memori cinta berbunga
Pun menghinggap di ingatan
Seperti sang merpati di dahan
Puas sudah ku berusha
Ku melupakan segalanya
Namun senyum mu masih... ada...

-Merpati

Sang By: Hady Mirza
Winner Of Singapore Idol 2
www.hady-mirza.com
Paler than Moon

Post by Paler than Moon »

I want a tenkai who talks. I like the tenkais being silent thus making the player feel they're shaping the tenkai's personality, but it's kinda boring now. At least I want to see my tenkai reacts to things by him/herself while player have to choose some stuffs too at times.

Maybe a tenkai who is already a seasoned fighter around his later 20s would be great. It would give a different theme from the other Suikodens which have young boys as tenkais. Maybe someone with a sense of justice who fights simply because he wants to bring peace, not because of painful loss, mysterious past, or other tragic event that happened to him. It'd make the tenkai more down to earth. He should has a unique personality to make him more appealing though. Maybe being ignorant when he actually can't stay silent about things.

Like Tales of Eternia's Reid, a simple hunter from an isolated village, unwilling to fight and just want to lay back and live happily in his home but then somehow his view is changed when he sees the war with his own eyes and decided on his own to fight for peace, not because he somehow ended up in the middle of a war and has to lead people (like Riou and Tir).

A hero with dark past is very common in other RPGs, it'd be cool to see one in Suikoden though... maybe a hero who has amnesia? Lol I'm so unoriginal...
"If only..."
But thou art wind!
Do not scream:
thy fragrance deafens.
RangerDeon

Post by RangerDeon »

Maybe he/she/undecided would be Harmonian. That would be cool. Then they could reveal more Harmonian towns for sure.

"I wasn't getting rid of you. I want you to do whatever you want to do with me. I know that sounded dirty, and dirty things count, but I didn't mean the dirty things. You and me can hang whenever, wherever."
-Lorelai Gilmore
Paler than Moon

Post by Paler than Moon »

Yay for Harmonian! If the 6th hero is Harmonian and the setting is in Harmonia I would be so happy. I really, really want to see more of Harmonia.

Wait, let's make the 6th tenkai a Sindarin...that'd be more awesome (and weird).
"If only..."
But thou art wind!
Do not scream:
thy fragrance deafens.
Mr Fitcher

Post by Mr Fitcher »

The dark past mentioned before could be unknown at first, but at some point of game your army/team hears about it. The rest of the game depends on do you have 108 stars, if you have all 108 stars then you get the best ending, if you don't have 108 stars you will go through the darker path and not the best ending. Maybe like only a few stars would follow you on your journey, but it should still be possible to beat the game.
Wise man think before they act.
I'm not wise man.
Gen. Dirge

Post by Gen. Dirge »

I dunno.......I'd like to see a down-trodden, miserable and broken beggar for a Tenkai.......no family.....no friends......nothing. (That one should seek vengeance.....)....and then finds importance in his/her life. A female Tenkai is still the one thing I'm ushering for in the next story.
"I wish that days like this could just go on forever....." -Snowe Vingerhut

http://www.kian-sama.deviantart.com | http://saintdouchebag.tumblr.com/
Hey babycakes ;D
eternal_sins

Post by eternal_sins »

People want a Tenkai with a darker past and more secret right?
So, I assume that a Tenkai who is a Sindarian would be better?
You get what I mean right?
Memori cinta berbunga
Pun menghinggap di ingatan
Seperti sang merpati di dahan
Puas sudah ku berusha
Ku melupakan segalanya
Namun senyum mu masih... ada...

-Merpati

Sang By: Hady Mirza
Winner Of Singapore Idol 2
www.hady-mirza.com
Mushra

Post by Mushra »

A fine topic indeed! I read most sugestions about the perfect Tenkai but i do have my own wish, and i THINK it's rather uncommon if i compare with the others sugestion...But first i'd like to make some comments:

Ninja Tenkai: I think it's very...very lame and stereotype, we already had plenty of ninjas in the other Suikodens and i can't think of nice background coming from a novice ninja. AND, who would follow a ninja to war? Ninjas are essencially stealth assassins, with bad reputation or none at all...They aren't war heroes that crash unafraid against a wall of shields...They are great allies yes, but not great leaders

Tenkai with a Dark Past: :| What is that? You want to start with a lvl 20 hero? Where is the fun in that? You have to start from the very beggining, like all other Suikodens which you started as a teenager and slowly gained prestige from the people besides your young age...Putting a mature Tenkai is a bad ideia, it would really take the meaning of Suikoden(I really hated Geddoe, thats why i always choose Hugo, he is indeed the perfect Tenkai for SIII) You can, however, make your Tenkai grown up IN GAME and WRITE his own Dark Road, and in the end overcome all that to be the a great hero, that idea in my opinion is nice.

Rotten, dirty, skunk, misarable street beggar: Well...That would be different, but in my oppinion it would not be nice to play...And make a good story based on a Hero like that would take a lot of work and time, unless you would be satisfied with a crappy story like SIV *chills* And i would never like to sit on a corner, stand a hand and hope to someone thrown a coin for me, this is too close to reality :P Maybe...A street kid, with step or no parents, trying to survive by pillaging people in the mute would be a nice idea, but they would be only plagiaring Final Fantasy XII

The other ones i have no comments since i liked their ideas XD

My opinion for the next Tenkai would be...A Kobold! Kidding, Kobolds sucks ^^ But seriously, i would like that the next Tenkai would be a 10 year old kid with a commom family who have to run from city to city thanks to his father gamblins habits, that made him own money to a lot of powerfull people, and then one fine day he just see his father and mother being brutally murdered by assassins which were hired to kill then and take all the money they have to pay the debt...Then he and his TWIN brother run away from the house, trying to escape from the assassins with success (its not my job to say how XD) Five years later...After escaping, no one has ever cared to took then on and they never wanted to go to an orphanage, so people won't pity then, and because of that they survived from pickpocketing and small robery...And it would start with him creating his own bandit gang, so they could steal better things and sort...Then, after a time, they became a fearsome bandit army, but moraly ethical, that steal carticle and kidnap important nobles for ransons...And after a major turn of events, he could become the Suikoden Hero type, a caotic one, but indeed a hero. I have here in my computer a novel i had wrote about this character just as passtime, but unfortunatally it is in portuguese so i really doubt you guys would understand a thing...Anyway, thats my opinion the next Tenkai should be! Not exactly like i wrote but something close or related to it.
And now, a little tribute to Kyle x)

" . . . You're kidding me. You DIDN'T look?! WHY THE HELL NOT?! That
was a once in a lifetime opportunity! I can't believe you passed that up!
Damn! I gotta say, you just let down every man in Falena. . ."
Ninjalizer

Post by Ninjalizer »

Mushra wrote:Ninja Tenkai: I think it's very...very lame and stereotype, we already had plenty of ninjas in the other Suikodens and i can't think of nice background coming from a novice ninja. AND, who would follow a ninja to war? Ninjas are essencially stealth assassins, with bad reputation or none at all...They aren't war heroes that crash unafraid against a wall of shields...They are great allies yes, but not great leaders

My opinion for the next Tenkai would be...A Kobold! Kidding, Kobolds sucks ^^ But seriously, i would like that the next Tenkai would be a 10 year old kid with a commom family who have to run from city to city thanks to his father gamblins habits, that made him own money to a lot of powerfull people, and then one fine day he just see his father and mother being brutally murdered by assassins which were hired to kill then and take all the money they have to pay the debt...Then he and his TWIN brother run away from the house, trying to escape from the assassins with success (its not my job to say how XD) Five years later...After escaping, no one has ever cared to took then on and they never wanted to go to an orphanage, so people won't pity then, and because of that they survived from pickpocketing and small robery...And it would start with him creating his own bandit gang, so they could steal better things and sort...Then, after a time, they became a fearsome bandit army, but moraly ethical, that steal carticle and kidnap important nobles for ransons...And after a major turn of events, he could become the Suikoden Hero type, a caotic one, but indeed a hero. I have here in my computer a novel i had wrote about this character just as passtime, but unfortunatally it is in portuguese so i really doubt you guys would understand a thing...Anyway, thats my opinion the next Tenkai should be! Not exactly like i wrote but something close or related to it.
We have never had a ninja tenkai before. Stereotype? What are you talking about? And since when has the hero of the story been bland? Yes, we have had ninja's in past Suikodens... we have also had pirates, war heroes, magicians, copycats, bad-turned-good, orphans, everything under the sun. So what? They have grown away from their roots. An orphan, a prince, Thomas (not Tenkai - but a leader somewhat), etc. Just some of the past heroes who have been nothing but a common folk, turned hero. The past has never been a testament to their future.

All hero's grow into their leadership roles. The fun thing, to me, with a ninja tenkai is the fact that they have always been interesting Stars... but the game never really delves into their story. That's too bad that YOU can't think of a nice background... but you're not the one creating the game. This is just an "idea" forum and no ideas are "lame". I have already given my idea of a background for the ninja tenkai. Part of a ninja group who works for hire. He then has (like all do) a change of heart... or a revelation. Or maybe he just decides to do something decent for a town, and the group frowns upon it. All the past stories have been something of that sort. Use your imagination.
AND, who would follow a ninja to war?
Who would want to follow an orphan into war? It's been done. The hero's grow... have you played any of the past games?
And it would start with him creating his own bandit gang
And this is different from a ninja and "bad reputation" how?....
In order of greatness:
S3 > S2 > S5 > S1 > S4
Mushra

Post by Mushra »

Damn i can't explain exactly what i meant because i don't have the perfect domain of english speaking but i'll try anyway...

This is a free world, right? So we can express our opinions if we have something to support it...I just stated my opinion, and i sayed why in my opinion it wouldn't be a nice game, there is no need to start freaking out on a very stupid thing like that. We didn't hade any ninja Tenkais, but there is a lot of games whose we have ninjas as main characters, in my opinion that is very bypassed idea since with a ninja Tenkai it would be much like all the other games whose we have ninja in it...It's not really my problem if you have a tunnel vision to see Suikoden and Suikoden only, but i'd like something different not only from the Suikoden series but all the other games as well, and a ninja hero is too commom to be a new, revolutionary thing.
Who would want to follow an orphan into war? It's been done. The hero's grow... have you played any of the past games?
Oh right i forgot all the other Tenkais started screaming around all the villages saying "I'M A ORPHAN!!" Most people don't know it about then...And what is the big deal of being a orphan? A orphan is a killer to you? A bloodthirsty assassin? A orphan is only a parentless person it doesn't make sense to say they would suffer any kind of prejudice if the shown that their ideal was right...Now change the picture to a ninja...Trained to be assassins since childhood, living hidden from all world, don't giving a damn to what happen to the outside world, that would be very much harder to trust then a harmless, sad orphan...And i reinforce what i sayed earlier, wha would make a ninja face a wall of shields? And a open war? So it would be a "Assassin game" no more open wars...one on one battles nor exploration, it wouldn't be Suikoden anymore (and if you say that a full fledged ninja CAN do these things, the he ISN'T a ninja)
You didn't saw my novel and i didn't specifyed either so i can't blame this commentary. These "bandits" would be against a corrupt country, where the nobles fight each other feuds for power and land, these bandits would rebel thenselves againts this political system without any further ideias, just pillaging their lands (NOT the commoners lands, but the NOBLES lands)and ransacking their stock, basic terrorism. But as the game progress, more and more people start joing the rebelious "bandit" army with the intention to try to overtrown all the lords and noble from their position, deciding then to use their power and influence to ge the country from the nobles and giving to the people again (A Senate made by one representative from all cities) Restoring peace and stoping the war...A boy whose parentes were killed by noble's assassins (or ninjas! XDD) sought revenge and got it...Now why would a ninja start building a army? That would be VERY VERY VERY AWAY
And now, a little tribute to Kyle x)

" . . . You're kidding me. You DIDN'T look?! WHY THE HELL NOT?! That
was a once in a lifetime opportunity! I can't believe you passed that up!
Damn! I gotta say, you just let down every man in Falena. . ."
Ninjalizer

Post by Ninjalizer »

Mushra wrote:Damn i can't explain exactly what i meant because i don't have the perfect domain of english speaking but i'll try anyway...

This is a free world, right? So we can express our opinions if we have something to support it...I just stated my opinion, and i sayed why in my opinion it wouldn't be a nice game, there is no need to start freaking out on a very stupid thing like that.
It IS a free world. So when someone expresses an opinion, there is no need for you to call it "lame". These are our ideas. Choose your words carefully. There is a difference between having an intelligent argument and throwing a verbal fist.
We didn't hade any ninja Tenkais, but there is a lot of games whose we have ninjas as main characters, in my opinion that is very bypassed idea since with a ninja Tenkai it would be much like all the other games whose we have ninja in it...It's not really my problem if you have a tunnel vision to see Suikoden and Suikoden only, but i'd like something different not only from the Suikoden series but all the other games as well,
We're talking about Suikoden. Not other games. There has NOT been a ninja tenkai before who leads an army into war. Again... we're talking about Suikoden. I play lots of games and have never seen a game with a ninja leading an army into war. That's what I myself would like to see. That's fine that you don't. The end.
and a ninja hero is too commom to be a new, revolutionary thing.
Your idea of an orphan has already been used a Tenkai... so nothing revolutionary there.
Oh right i forgot all the other Tenkais started screaming around all the villages saying "I'M A ORPHAN!!" Most people don't know it about then...And what is the big deal of being a orphan? A orphan is a killer to you? A bloodthirsty assassin? A orphan is only a parentless person it doesn't make sense to say they would suffer any kind of prejudice if the shown that their ideal was right...
When did I say an orphan was a killer and a bloodthirsty assassin? I don't know where you're finding these words... but quit trying to pull them from my mouth. You went the complete opposite way. My counterpoint was against your "who wants to follow a ninja into war". Well who wants to follow an orphan? My point is that it doesn't matter what your background is. Thomas was a shy person who didn't want to run a castle, Riou was an orphan, Lazlo was a knight, and Prince (SV) was a prince. So you want to see an orphan again for the Tenkai star, which is what we're discussing. I want to see something new for Suikoden. A ninja.
Now change the picture to a ninja...Trained to be assassins since childhood, living hidden from all world, don't giving a damn to what happen to the outside world, that would be very much harder to trust then a harmless, sad orphan...And i reinforce what i sayed earlier, wha would make a ninja face a wall of shields? And a open war?
You're mixing games and titles. Assassin's are trained since childhood? In what games? Again... we're talking about Suikoden. Not OTHER games. I'll repost my idea again since apparently you didn't even read it.

"My thought was to have a ninja Tenkai and have the story revolve around how he doesn't remember his past and doesn't remember why he joined this group of ninjas. So instead of royalty, he would be of the darker past."

Where did I say anything about an assassin who leads an army into war? He has joined this group of ninjas (not born into it). And just like the past Suikodens... something happens that causes this Tenkai to rise up against the opposing force. Let's say a village is being taken over and his ninja group decides not to help... so he does. That's where his path changes.
So it would be a "Assassin game" no more open wars...one on one battles nor exploration, it wouldn't be Suikoden anymore (and if you say that a full fledged ninja CAN do these things, the he ISN'T a ninja)
Go play assassin games if you want to play assassin games. I never said anything about that. This is Suikoden... again... read my opinion/idea.
You didn't saw my novel and i didn't specifyed either so i can't blame this commentary. These "bandits" would be against a corrupt country, where the nobles fight each other feuds for power and land, these bandits would rebel thenselves againts this political system without any further ideias, just pillaging their lands (NOT the commoners lands, but the NOBLES lands)and ransacking their stock, basic terrorism. But as the game progress, more and more people start joing the rebelious "bandit" army with the intention to try to overtrown all the lords and noble from their position, deciding then to use their power and influence to ge the country from the nobles and giving to the people again (A Senate made by one representative from all cities) Restoring peace and stoping the war...A boy whose parentes were killed by noble's assassins (or ninjas! XDD) sought revenge and got it...
Now why would a ninja start building a army? That would be VERY VERY VERY AWAY[/quote]

So why can't my ninja idea be plausible in your mind? The ninja's group can be doing work taking out corrupt individuals or corrupt leaders of towns or... *gasp*... bandits (think Tenchu). For some reason, you automatically associate a ninja with killing innocent people. Aside from Robin Hood, bandits have not been looked upon as kindly either. And who wants to follow a bandit into war?

So to the point... you and I have similar ideas... you have made your bandit idea plausible because the bandit works for good... my idea works because the ninja's group does work for good (or maybe they don't) but have a revelation or change that causes him to build up this army... again, all Suikodens have some form of turn in the story.

The end.
In order of greatness:
S3 > S2 > S5 > S1 > S4