Suikoden 6 Hero background.

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
Antimatzist

Re: Suikoden 6 Hero background.

Post by Antimatzist »

Actually, I like the "orphan becoming bandit" idea. Okay, he need not be an orphan... maybe he is abandonned by his family because he.. ah i dunno, he made dirty jokes or something ;) Maybe he comes from a very noble and prestiged family, which does not care about the lower classes, bute the Tenkai does and maybe he helps some farmers or something. Then he's abandonned and has to survive in the wilderness. He is attacked by a hord eof monsters, but int he end saved by the nice and handsome bandit leader. He joins his band and eventually they start fighting the old system, create a system of equality, peace and sexual liberty and can live happily ever after.

Something about these lines.. or naaah, that sounds lame.
Mushra

Post by Mushra »

Ninjalizer
Yeah right i'm really tired of this argumentation that requires full atention from bad english >.> I'll already posted my opinion and you your, so no point in keeping arguing...Just to close it, you want something diferent from the other Suikodens, but i want something diferente from Suikoden and the OTHER games as well, that's where our opinion diverges.
He joins his band and eventually they start fighting the old system, create a system of equality, peace and sexual liberty and can live happily ever after.
What you mean by sexual liberty? XD Poligamy? Travesty? :S Can't think a Suikoden game with these things, to much mature for the plot they usually do...
And now, a little tribute to Kyle x)

" . . . You're kidding me. You DIDN'T look?! WHY THE HELL NOT?! That
was a once in a lifetime opportunity! I can't believe you passed that up!
Damn! I gotta say, you just let down every man in Falena. . ."
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Ah it was a joke, don't take it too seriously^^'
The_Colt

Post by The_Colt »

I want a tenkai star who's a seasoned fighter / soldier.. female age 20 - 30.. like Chris
I love Chris, I want the next hero to have all Chris quality and stats except with a good magic / rune skills, at least 7/4/2/1
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

I agree that we should have another character that isn't a kid. I'm sick of male teenage protagonists as well. I wouldn't mind going even to mid to late 30s.
VinceValentine

Post by VinceValentine »

I think by having a teenage protagonist it shows him being completely clueless, unable to protect anyone, to him finally growing into a mature leader and overcoming what he couldnt do before. But an adult can be a nice change of pace for the series but ofcourse that would break the main tradition of the game since all the Tenkai's are very young. I wouldn't care though, an adult can be in the same situation. It just looks better for a teenager.

By the way, long time no see Oppenheimer.
Knowing others is intelligence;
knowing the self is enlightenment.
Conquering others is power;
conquering the self is strength.
mumbay

Post by mumbay »

so you mean a hero with gizels charateristics or euram's characteristics then. Gizel's being selfish and Euram pretty much being a teenager who is clueless.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Being selfish and then learning to think of others, sounds interesting to me. . . although that was already done in FFVIII.
VinceValentine wrote:By the way, long time no see Oppenheimer.
Yeah I'm on vacation right now so I have time to peruse all the forums which I don't always have.
VinceValentine

Post by VinceValentine »

Well I'm not so sure I'd want the Hero to be just like Euram, he was too obnoxious for my taste.

All the Hero's are mute anyway except for ones in SIII but that was kind of a different Suikoden all together and they kept up with the traditional way the Hero's are with SIV and SV so in SVI it'll probably be the same.

Euram just talks too much to be a Tenkai and if you look at all of the previous ones they are usaully teenage boys that have something tragic happen to them, get banished from whatever country they were at.

Then they eventually form an army and defeat whoever's army was responsible for the tragedy, thats how Suikoden works, but a few changes in the Tenkai's personality wouldn't be bad but frankly I just don't see it happening after all this time of keeping them the same.

And Gizel...no thanks, if the Tenkai was just like Gizel the Liberation Army or whatever the name would lose with no problem.
Oppenheimer wrote:Being selfish and then learning to think of others, sounds interesting to me. . . although that was already done in FFVIII.

Yeah I'm on vacation right now so I have time to peruse all the forums which I don't always have.
Are you talking about Squall perchance? He wasn't really completely selfish per se, he was just like in a "Whatever' mood all the time, like nothing mattered to him, he didn't care about anything...that is until Rinoa opened him up a little which took until like the 3rd disc I think, and he was a little selfish but Seifer is prime example of being selfish in FFVIII.

Well its good to see you, its been a long time. Kind of dissapointed that theres no news on SVI, or is there?

I hope the series isnt dead...
Knowing others is intelligence;
knowing the self is enlightenment.
Conquering others is power;
conquering the self is strength.
SpecialNewb

Post by SpecialNewb »

As long as the new Tenkai is a girl (say early to late 20s?) that uses a melee weapon and who is not Hello-Kitty cute (I wanted Lyon to die so bad, Prince x Miakis forever) I'll be happy with whatever. That would takes guts from a Japanese company for a major release.

Actually I was thinking about this as I started playing S3 again.... set this one in the lands west of Zexen across the bay. Have the Tenkai be a refugee from the 2nd Firebringer War whose family fled to find a new life or who fled after their family perished in the war and show the new lands through the eyes of someone familiar with the Suikoden world but not this part of it, just like the players. Returning countries could be Kamaro, Zexen, the outlands or whatever it's called, and that one country to the west of Gaien mentioned in S5 across the sea, I forgot which Star was from it but I think the little girl with the dog? You could bring back some form of naval battles without letting it distract you from the rest of the gameplay this way.

Oh yeah, I suppose if they could come up with a name more slightly more coherent than Freyjadour Falenas, I would appreciate that too.