Alchemy: Could It Work?

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

You should really read the character summaries over at suikox.
I hope everything is going delicious.
Ushiku

Post by Ushiku »

Perhaps, I know they're Sindarian alchemists from reading them, but I don't know where that has been stated in a game. Unless its either from a Gaiden or the Suikoden Encyclopedia, since Europe is pretty much limited as for extra Suikoden information.
And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
xXSqualleoNXx

Post by xXSqualleoNXx »

Sars wrote:Plenty of nations already have knowledge of alchemy. Alchemy is nothing really "secret" within the suikoden world. Alchemy has existed for centuries and books have been written by alchemists such as Dennis Taurer and Bora Atkins, which are used by alchemists such as Kamandohl who pratice their art openly.

Techniques used by Blacksmiths, Rune Masters, Miners, Trciksters, and the Holwing Voice Guild are also derived from alchemy. Thankfully, Suikoden doesn't buy into the inaccruate portrayal of alchemy that has been spread through FMA and other media that simplifies and distorts alchemy. Murayama himself was well read in the history of alchemy, which is why they are presented naturally within the game (at least until Suikoden 3).
Yes, but none of the Nations have taken major steps in advancing technology to new levels, and the new inventions seem to get forgotten by the emerging nations of Suikoden.

Perhaps it's about time some nation actually takes a good step ahead in the technology aspect. Let's at least move on to a more Industrial Age here. I'm tired of the whole Middle Ages vibe. I'd like to see steamboats and the like. Or perhaps the Suikoden word rely too much on Runes to actually bother to use the new technology. Flow Runes are a good example of using Runes in lieu of developing new technology.
Hmm...