non human Tenkai Star Hero and Suikoden story

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
Lurker1

non human Tenkai Star Hero and Suikoden story

Post by Lurker1 »

I personally would like to see this in atleast one Suikoden game. I mean in alot of the games non humans are getting persecuted so it would make an interesting story.

Maybe something involving the Elves as they seem the most likely non humans to have some involvment with rune magic and come in to possesion of a true rune and it would add to the plot because the elves in most of suikoden games always act like they are better then everyone.

The story could involve and invasion and destruction or genocide of the kingdom maybe by Harmonia or another some other nation to get the rune the hero escapes and is on the run with the rune then later starts uniting non humans and enlisting the add of human countries to fight back.

It would be different and interesting I think any thoughts?
DearWoman

Post by DearWoman »

I gave an idea of Hero having the ability to tranform into some powerful being, a rune that lets him/her transform....maybe a.... vampire? not like Neclord or anything..but a cool and stylish hero..cursed with a rune that allows him to transform into super human vampire with ass kicking martial arts move,extraordinary strength,speed and regeneration ability... but... this maybe will be better if set in a modern society backgrnd..
Ushiku

Post by Ushiku »

It would be cool if there was a True Rune opposite to the Rabid Fang non True Rune, that would be amazing.

I'd love the ability to turn into different types of creatures or even other people. The Rune of Metamorphasis would be great.
And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
SinaiBeach

Post by SinaiBeach »

Lurker's idea of having a non-human tenkai would be a great idea because everyone is so used to having a human character and maybe the setting would be in the elf village or maybe kobold village. Maybe even a dwarf. But any of those would be fine by me and would be different and cool only if they execute it well.
And Let Us Not Lose Compassion....For Those Who Have Yet To Be Pardoned....
Chris_Lightfellow

Post by Chris_Lightfellow »

Elf. Definintely. Or Wingers. I would absolutely love it if they had a Tenkai that was one of those.
And if I saw you dancing, I would spin you around, spin you around, turn your world upside down

Not sure about something? Check the board rules!
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Elves are usually so monotone in Suikoden though. Maybe except for Kirkis and his bride whom I can't remember the name of. But maybe that kind of stoic personality would make sense for a silent protagonist.
Pollensalta

Post by Pollensalta »

Oppenheimer wrote:Elves are usually so monotone in Suikoden though. Maybe except for Kirkis and his bride whom I can't remember the name of. But maybe that kind of stoic personality would make sense for a silent protagonist.
Sylvina.

I agree. Since the protagonist is silent anyways, it would work. And we could have a Tenkai star who wasn't quite as "nice" as the ones in the previous games. Meanwhile, I do like the idea of a true rune having to do with transforming into various beasts. That could get interesting.
Purr.
Ushiku

Post by Ushiku »

I think a non-human Tenkai if they were to bear a True Rune should be a Dwarf, since Dwarves aren't usually adept with Runes and prefer to use alchemy, thus showing that they have an important part in the destiny of the world, at first due to their insufficiency the Rune can refuse to obey them (a True Rune's own will has been seen before with the Soul Eater refusing to obey Windy controlling Ted), therefore I believe it could work well. As they grow in statute, the relationship with the True Rune changes as they prove themself a worthy bearer, since so far a True Rune bearer may not have complete mastery over a True Rune, but they haven't truly encountered problems in using the True Rune, instead there have been different curses with the associated True Runes, if a True Rune refused to be used by a Dwarf Tenkai but eventually the master/servant relationship was reversed and the Dwarf became a worthy bearer, they could even go on to achieve mastery over the True Rune.
And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
Pollensalta

Post by Pollensalta »

I just can't see a dwarf as the main character on the cover of a Suikoden title, though. Konami and game companies DO care about what "looks good" to people. I personally think it would be very interesting, but you know how it goes.
Purr.
Ushiku

Post by Ushiku »

Well Suikoden isn't as generic as other game series, they don't need pretty boy or pretty girl characters to be effective. The emphasis on Suikoden has always been the story of the 108 Stars of Destiny, and we know from Yuber that True Runes aren't necessarily limited to being beared by just humans.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

Ushiku wrote:Well Suikoden isn't as generic as other game series, they don't need pretty boy or pretty girl characters to be effective. The emphasis on Suikoden has always been the story of the 108 Stars of Destiny, and we know from Yuber that True Runes aren't necessarily limited to being beared by just humans.
I honestly dont think konami feels the same way, suikoden deffinetley is different and everything but every rpg uses the generic shonen characters and konami is no different
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

son_michael wrote:
Ushiku wrote:Well Suikoden isn't as generic as other game series, they don't need pretty boy or pretty girl characters to be effective. The emphasis on Suikoden has always been the story of the 108 Stars of Destiny, and we know from Yuber that True Runes aren't necessarily limited to being beared by just humans.
I honestly dont think konami feels the same way, suikoden deffinetley is different and everything but every rpg uses the generic shonen characters and konami is no different
The tenkai's are more bishonen, and with reasoning. It would be impossible to play anything other than a human looking(and human acting, elves look like human but they act xenophobic and arrogant) character. Half human/half something else(I'm thinking Sindar would be cool) is acceptable as long as they still look and act human.
Ushiku

Post by Ushiku »

That would take the unique feel if they were a hybrid/mixed race Tenkai. To me that seems like having half of a 20 pound note, if its in half, its worthless, its just the same as having none, it might be half of that note, but without the note being whole it wouldn't have the same value.

If they were really bothered about race they wouldn't add a new race in every game, it would be interesting if that new race was the Tenkai's race for a change or if they had a character who looked human like a winger with something that made them non-human so then they could appease the generic pretty boy lovers and create something new and original for the Suikoden series, a race which could be similar to Dwarves in that they lack proficiency in Runic magic or knowledge, but unbeknownst to them have a powerful True Rune in their nation that becomes borne by the Tenkai.
Red XIV

Post by Red XIV »

Elves do tend to be arrogant and a lot of them are xenophobic...but how does constitute acting different from humans? An elf as the Tenkai would be quite workable.
Black knight overlord

Demi-human hero

Post by Black knight overlord »

what if there was a demi-human hero like a kobold or somthing? does that sound like a good idea?