non human Tenkai Star Hero and Suikoden story

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Re: Demi-human hero

Post by patapi »

As long as the story doesn't revolve around a war motivated by race/species based discrimination, then why not?
Cuckooguy

Post by Cuckooguy »

One thing I feel Suikoden could use is a demi-human villain. Not necessarily a main villain, but someone like Ridley but, y' know, on the other side of the war. I mean, 5 games and not a single demi-human villain? The closest thing we get is Neclord and Yuber, except they both look like humans.

The closest thing we get to a demi-human hero is Kyril, who doesn't even look demi-human.
Black knight overlord

Post by Black knight overlord »

The best demi human villan so far(still one of my favorite bad guys) is Lynx from Chrono Cross

http://img58.imageshack.us/img58/3451/linkoi9.jpg

He used a sythe and was really mysterious and evil, it would be awesome if someone like him was in the series.
JanusThePaladin

Post by JanusThePaladin »

I think it would be very interesting if they hero was a Demi-human. After all, the games do kinda preach equality (well, S2 did anyway). It would be a nice change of pace. But technically speaking, Kyril was demi-human, and i doubt they'd repeat that. A female lead seems more innovative.

However, a Demi-human rising to power and controlling and evil empire? That would be cool as well as unique. As the villains are always somehow related to the leading of a country, that also seems unlikely, as all the demi-human races we've been introduced to live in relatively small areas that are part of a different, and usually racist, human run country.

But, we can dream!
Gen. Dirge

Post by Gen. Dirge »

Black knight overlord wrote:The best demi human villan so far(still one of my favorite bad guys) is Lynx from Chrono Cross

http://img58.imageshack.us/img58/3451/linkoi9.jpg

He used a sythe and was really mysterious and evil, it would be awesome if someone like him was in the series.
Ah.....good ol' Lynx.....
Always been the bad guy there......I salute him.
Yeah, we COULD use a demi-human bad guy.....but please, not a Kobold.....(they're too helpful)......it's gotta be some OTHER demi-human race that's new......eheheheh....*sweat*

Demi-human hero? That sounds cool. Try a discriminated rat-creature per chance. They could have racism as the topic. haha....(that ain't funny....my bad...)
"I wish that days like this could just go on forever....." -Snowe Vingerhut

http://www.kian-sama.deviantart.com | http://saintdouchebag.tumblr.com/
Hey babycakes ;D
Transcending_time

Post by Transcending_time »

I think.. a Vampire will be good...

Sierra would be the better exampple than Neclord:
She has a better character design..( I like the tandem of purple and pale white)
and I want to see the Blue Moon Rune in action
Vermillion.Twilight

Post by Vermillion.Twilight »

Id really like a Winger main hero...Perhaps a wanderer from the badlands.
"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream"
coolfox09

Post by coolfox09 »

Black knight overlord wrote:what if there was a demi-human hero like a kobold or somthing? does that sound like a good idea?

there IS KYRIL he is techniclly demi-human
Benthos

Post by Benthos »

The fact of the hero being demi-human could be afflicted by some curse, something like the Beast Rune to transform him in an animal.

That could be cool. The hero would have two different forms: the human and the demi-human. He could even be relative someway to Ernst from SV.