Good turns Evil

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
Aculias

Re: Good turns Evil

Post by Aculias »

Actually Windy is the only one responsible for gremios death & the black rune, not Barborosa.
She did alot of things behind his back but I dont think he really cared.
He let her ruin the whole Scarlet Moon Empire.

Remember he did not even know she poisoned the Dragons when Futch came to get the Orchid in the garden.
He know after he heard about the dragons sleep though.
He had the power to stop her but he loved her & love is a very strong emotion as you can see.
Silver Dragon Flik

Post by Silver Dragon Flik »

Love is no excuse for the incompetece of an emperor, he is responsible for everything that happens in his empire. So he prefered the love of a.............. over his empire he and his loyal officers worked, fought and died for? His love costed many innoncent lives.

Tir is probably a very intelligent leader who knows that revenge doesn't solve anything.
Crowetron

Post by Crowetron »

Silver Dragon Flik wrote: Tir is probably a very intelligent leader who knows that revenge doesn't solve anything.
True, but he's still a young man, and still feels emotions. It just bothered me that was all hugs and smiles with Milich so quickly. Well, Milich was an awesome party member, but still...there was a whole sub-plot there ripe for the picking that Konami either ignored, or plain didn't have time for.
Silver Dragon Flik wrote:Love is no excuse for the incompetece of an emperor, he is responsible for everything that happens in his empire.
You're completely right about that. I always liked how Barbarossa was not a sinister, malicious villian, but rather a selfish and apathetic one. It was a different brand of evil, and that's what made him interesting.
"Death is for NPCs." ~ Red Mage

"Sometimes, justice is just a pretty word. Other times, justice is three feet of steel hittin' you in the face!" ~ Boz Wilde, philosopher

Georg = Batman?
Silver Dragon Flik

Well he also saw that 'there was something wrong' with Kwanda too, who burned down an entire village. Yet he still let him live and join too. Milich only killed Gremio, or maybe you can count the damage from the pollen. But that was because Flik was too overextended. So I'd say Kwanda was worse since he killed many innoncents.

Tir wouldn't have become a leader if nobody believed in him, or had the skills for it. Beaing a leader means you set your personal gripes aside for the good of the land and it's people. And I guess Teo and others taught him well.

It's possible that Tir met the great generals before and saw they were not evil. Now suddenly during the war they are evil. With Kwanda he discovers that it was the black rune. So with that in mind, he probably saw that Milich was controlled too.

And about Barberossa, I think he didn't have a heir to succeed him. So maybe he could have been desperate to marry Windy for a heir. Having no heir can seriously frustrate a king or emperor. Falling for women and getting 'lost in love', giving no or barely attention to the matters of the empire/kingdom etc.
Last edited by Silver Dragon Flik on Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Crowetron

Post by Crowetron »

You're right about all that, but given how close Gremio was to Tir, you'd think he'd still be hesitant to recruit Milich. But, then, a lot of scenes in the first game seemed rushed, so maybe Konami just skipped over the internal struggle for pacing reasons.

Plus, it's easier to forgive Kwanda, since the elves were kinda douchebags anyway (most of them hated you more than the imperials!).

"Sometimes, justice is just a pretty word. Other times, justice is three feet of steel hittin' you in the face!" ~ Boz Wilde, philosopher

Georg = Batman?
Silver Dragon Flik

Crowetron wrote:You're right about all that, but given how close Gremio was to Tir, you'd think he'd still be hesitant to recruit Milich. But, then, a lot of scenes in the first game seemed rushed, so maybe Konami just skipped over the internal struggle for pacing reasons.

Plus, it's easier to forgive Kwanda, since the elves were kinda douchebags anyway (most of them hated you more than the imperials!).
Remember that S1 is very old. Most games around that time didn't have a lot of dialogue or long scenes.

It was Gremio's choice to die, it could have also been a random party member who decides sacrefice. I think letting Milich join wouldn't be that hard to do after realizing he is innoncent. And while the Elves were mean, Tir still wanted to save them.
Crowetron

Post by Crowetron »

Yeah, you're right. I'm sure if the same situation came up in, say, Suikoden 3, there would've been a lot more to it.

Georg = Batman?