Good turns Evil

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
Humphrey

Post by Humphrey »

there are quite a bit of parts like that. I would love to be able to face someone like Georg Prime in battle. He is a great swordsman and would be a challenge. plus I just wanna beat him down lol!
Queens Knight

Post by Queens Knight »

I'd love to face off against Crowley, i mean really piss him off and then he'll use his full magic abilities against you. :twisted:
Crowetron

Re: Good turns Evil

Post by Crowetron »

It would also be interesting to see it work the other way around. Like, a young Culgan and/or Seed fighting alongside you (before Suiko 2, of course), or Windy reappearing to help your cause for some reason. That'd be neat.

I'd also love to see Flik & Viktor on opposite sides, at least for a while. That'd be a hilarious showdown.
"Death is for NPCs." ~ Red Mage

"Sometimes, justice is just a pretty word. Other times, justice is three feet of steel hittin' you in the face!" ~ Boz Wilde, philosopher

Georg = Batman?
Nemesis

Post by Nemesis »

I'm surprised that you brought this old post back up. Nothing bad, I sort of like the idea. As I posted before, which I don't even remmber posting, I think it would be schoking to see Viktor and Flik against you. If Tir was too, I'd faint. I'll become depress, and probably wouldn't even play the game. :D
Nick Bruiser
Vermillion.Twilight

Post by Vermillion.Twilight »

Pahn
Luc
Kage

All 3 have worked for the enemy.
"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream"
Crowetron

Post by Crowetron »

True, but Pahn came back around to your side and Kage is just a silent sword for hire, loyal only to potch and potch alone. Luc was the only one really surprising.

But I like the idea of an old friend on the otherside without being evil: perhaps they simply agree with the other army, maybe your side is the aggressor. Kinda like Char Aznable in the original Gundam; he was on the "evil" side, he was the nemesis of the central protagonist, but he was far from evil. He was just a man fighting for his beliefs, just like the "good" guys.

I love that grey area between good and evil, and Suikoden's writers seem to like it, too.

"Sometimes, justice is just a pretty word. Other times, justice is three feet of steel hittin' you in the face!" ~ Boz Wilde, philosopher

Georg = Batman?
rhombus

Post by rhombus »

Tons of characters have been on both sides throughout all of the games. Especially the military leaders, alot of your generals worked for the opposing side at one point and you later recruit them over to your side. Most of these characters are "good", but they're torn between different loyalties.
Erk in danger!
Crowetron

Post by Crowetron »

Exactly. It's a great plot device, and part of the reason I try not to hate any character with a portrait (although Rowd and Alenia friggin' deserve it, those bastards).

I just think it would be interesting to see one of those basically good characters still decide they disagree with your tactics and stick with the other side. It's happened before, like with Jowy, but these characters still tend to get painted evil in the grand scheme of things.

Just sayin', it would be interesting to see someone like Flik or Viktor fighting against you, simply because they are sticking with the side they believe in.

Georg = Batman?
Pixelate

Post by Pixelate »

How about some form of conflict between two forces that are from different games?
For example, another war between the Dunan Republic, and the Toran Republic?
Would McDohl and Riou have to go face to face to defend what they helped to create?
What about characters like Flik and Viktor?

I think that would make a pretty good Suikoden game, atleast in my opinion.
Maybe the ability to chose which site you choose, and the fates of various people.
Crowetron

Post by Crowetron »

Choosing your side? That may be the greatest idea ever. Of course, then there would probably have to add in some nasty villians onto whichever side you passed up on, because you always need a few Neclords or Luca Blights to face off against.

Still, this is officially my new favorite Suiko 6 idea.

Georg = Batman?
Silver Dragon Flik

Post by Silver Dragon Flik »

I think we've seen this enough times already.
Crowetron

Post by Crowetron »

Silver Dragon Flik wrote:I think we've seen this enough times already.
Seen what? Picking sides? We've NEVER had the option to choose which force we, the player & Tenkai star, side with, ever. Granted, such options would make a very difficult game to code and write and etc, but it would be damn interesting.

Or do you mean we've seen our foes lose and suddenly decide to join us enough times? In this case, I'm gonna have to agree with you. Sometimes (recruiting Milich, for example) it seems very clumsy and improbable, particularly when have the time we spare our foes just for the sake of getting all 108 Stars. Milich is awesome and all, but Tir's whole "Yeah, you killed my dearest companion, but you had a black rune, so it's all good!" thing always sat wrong with me.

Georg = Batman?
Aculias

Post by Aculias »

I dont think there is really a good & evil in real life events in here.
It's war for power & Land.
There are a few exception for characters like Luca Blight etc.

Luc was not exactly evil.
He seen things that no one should not see under a true winds power.
He wanted to detroy his own rune so others wont have to witness the fate he forseen.
I think he really believed he was giving everyone a favor but he just took the wrong course. Unfortunately for his plan to take place there had to be some casualties.
Besides Yuber Albert helped him so he can gain status & Sara loved Luc way to much that it did not matter what happened.
Of course we dont really know what the future of Suikoden holds but I can see where Luc was going through. He just made a bad decision to go against what he can not win.

Highland & the Red Scarlet was used by someone or corrupted.
Like real life events in any wartime from our own history.
Unfortunately the leaders destroyed thier own lands because of thier own feelings.
Like Barborosa & Windy.

Point is excluding a few there are no real bad or good guys.
Just leaders trying to gain more power.
Now the true Runes, perhaps there is some evil there.
Yuber is defantely evil.
Silver Dragon Flik

Post by Silver Dragon Flik »

Not really, I meant the case of Luc. Having him available in Suikoden 1 & 2 quite early on as an ally, and then he's an enemy in 3. I really liked that, but just once. Otherwise it will get old quickly.

Milich was controlled by the Black Rune so he isn't responsible for the death of Gremio, Windy and Barberossa are.
Crowetron

Post by Crowetron »

Silver Dragon Flik wrote:
Milich was controlled by the Black Rune so he isn't responsible for the death of Gremio, Windy and Barberossa are.

That's true, but it seems odd that Tir would be thinking so logically right after the death of such a dear companion. Seemed...off, somehow.

Georg = Batman?