Good turns Evil

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
Emperor

Good turns Evil

Post by Emperor »

Don't you think that there might be a slight chance that the old good characters we used to know (like Luc) might turn to the dark side?
It would probably make you say OMG!!! WTF!!! Why is he/she in the enemy forces???...or something.

Luc's actions made me worry about this...

Post by Queens Knight »

I think theres a good possibility that in a future Suikoden game a character from a previous Suikoden could face off against your army.

I think that just because you would be fighting against some of the older characters, it doesn't neccessarily mean there evil, they could have there own reasons for fighting against you.
Some possible canidates could be Clive, Sasarai or even Crowley.
It's not really a question of if, but more of who.
deedlitmurata

Post by deedlitmurata »

I agree that they don't have to be evil to fight against you; I've never thought Luc turned to the dark side nor anything like that, he had very good reasons for doing what he did, and I knew what he was going through, maybe his ways weren't the best, but I always understood his reasons.
Man is powerful enough to change destiny. No matter how futile our struggles seem, they all make a difference!
fu hung shu

Post by fu hung shu »

It's usually not as simple as "good and evil" characters usually have thier own reasons for fighting,

[spoiler] like in suikoden 1 we meet Humphry as a original member of the liberation army and later we learn that he used to be in the service of the scarlet moon empire as a captain and suddenly dissappeared afer an "incident" (i forget what)[/spoiler]maybe next time we see Humphry he could be against the Toran republic.

what in getting at is character perspectives are constantly changing, for me its one of the things that makes the suikoden series great games.
Last edited by fu hung shu on Tue May 16, 2006 7:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ushiku

Post by Ushiku »

Well characters do change like that, and that has been shown in the Suikoden series, Emporer Barbarossa is one such example, he was meant to be benevolent until the death of his wife, and then he became much more subdued. He reminded me a bit of Queen Victoria after the death of Prince Albert.
And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
Falenan_descent

Post by Falenan_descent »

Well, for example...it's possible that in a future suikoden game Dunan could attack the country you're currently leading. And therefore you'd have to go up against old faces like Teresa, Shin...Gadget? Lol!
Ushiku

Post by Ushiku »

Falenan_descent wrote:Well, for example...it's possible that in a future suikoden game Dunan could attack the country you're currently leading. And therefore you'd have to go up against old faces like Teresa, Shin...Gadget? Lol!
I don't see Teresa as an aggressive President of Dunan, she condemned her own father and Gorudo's actions towards Lucia's father Kianu, and is generally a moderate woman.

Yes, she did order the Dunan troops to fight at the Higheast Rebellion, but that is understandable, I don't think anybody would be happy about a nation attempting to retrieve land from you, especially given Harmonia's policy of giving resistors third-class citizenship.

If you think about it, how horrible would life be for the citizens of Two River if Dunan was conquered by Harmonia and resisted? Not only do Harmonia detest resistors, but they would definiately persecute Wingers and Kobolds under the subhuman rank.
And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

The point of High East Rebellion was to reclaim Highland territory. Or, did it manage to spread as far as Two River City?
Falenan_descent

Post by Falenan_descent »

Mister/Mrs Ushiku ^^ IT was an example. Lol. I guess I should have stated that I had no evidence to back up that any of that could ever happen or even thought it could actually happen. Just an example.
Ushiku

Post by Ushiku »

patapi wrote:The point of High East Rebellion was to reclaim Highland territory. Or, did it manage to spread as far as Two River City?
It was only in former Highland territory, but I was being hypothetical about what would happen if Harmonia did have a full conquest of Dunan.
Sickpup

Post by Sickpup »

Just want to mention that no one is bringing up the fact that Leon was your ally in Suikoden 1, and then is pretty much your final enemy in Suikoden 2.
"Master Flik, you are immature. But that immaturity, that honesty was something I coveted.

And I'm sure that is why Lady Odessa loved you..."
Nemesis

Post by Nemesis »

yea... but Leon wasn't really much of a surprise. It wasn't useful. What would surpised me is if Tir, Viktor, or Flik go against you. that might be a good challenge
Sickpup

Post by Sickpup »

I found it sort of surprising. Luc wasn't really much of a big deal either in Suikoden 1 or 2. The only thing that raises a brow about him is towards the end of Suikoden 2 when he freaks out over Sasarai's appearence.
"Master Flik, you are immature. But that immaturity, that honesty was something I coveted.

And I'm sure that is why Lady Odessa loved you..."
Ranarldo

Post by Ranarldo »

at what point in suikoden 2 does luc and sasari meet?
"I find my peace in the eye of the storm"
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

Ranarldo wrote:at what point in suikoden 2 does luc and sasari meet?
It's during a major battle. The one against Luca Blight's main unit, I believe. Or it might be a battle or two before that one.

There's no guarantee you'll see that part, though, as it'll only happen after a certain number of turns, and it's possible to win the battle before that amount of turns is up.