Would Suikoden VI take place on the "Western Continent&

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
When Loopers Attack!

Post by When Loopers Attack! »

I would bet that it would be in either Zelant or Nagarea. I am hoping that it will be Nagarea as I am very interested in seeing how the customs of Nagarea’s Theocratic government works, like how they believe that Dragon Horses are foul creatures. In addition, I think the concept of a Suikoden in Nagarea would take the story to a more religious level and would add to the story as a whole.

Zelant seems okay, but as others mentioned I don’t really believe it to be necessary to shift the area of focus, since they have only just began exploring the southern continent.
“Take everything that I am and devour it! Consume me so that we can be together forever!”

With those words, he gave everything to death and condemned himself to hell, but in doing so, he has attained true happiness. His love for her now complete.
wzrlygd

Post by wzrlygd »

I think/hope it will be in New Armes, do we have any idea how big it really is in comparrison to the other continents? I remember Shula talking about how theres all sorts of political unrest and factions vieing for political dominance over there. Sounds ripe for war to me. Could be part of the main plotline after SIII easily seeing has how SV was 5 years before SI and all.

I like their craaaazy midle eastern outfits.
soonket

Post by soonket »

i think the Konami will be quite messed up trying to connect things up in the next suikoden and also the end of the series... there are tooo many factors to consider now... too many continents countries and etc.... for example if the suikoden 6 is to take place in western continent then the harmonia will be left out again which has already been left out in suik4 n 5.. other than that theres the timeline again... and also the true rune the harmonia have been losing in all the series... they sure is having a headache for suikoden 6 now...
Yuber: I look better in black armor and you know it! Why do you make me look like Michael Jackson instead ?!
enos

Post by enos »

^agreed. the suikoverse is getting too big for its own good...

it's alright to introduce all these places, but that doesn't mean there has to be an ongoing war(suiko game) in each of them.

and yes, we need to get back to Harmonia, or at least a country related somewhat to Harmonia.

Suikoden needs one central plot to unite all the installments in the series, and the foreshadowing and subtle references to Harmonia is the most promising one.

If suiko6 is to take place in the western continent, KoRnholio's suggestion would be most fitting.
soonket

Post by soonket »

its getting too far away which is not a good thing in my opinion.. the connectivity is getting sort of too far away making the next suiko hav almost no connection with the first 3 or 4 game.... and even the suikoden's trademark family silverberg cant make it to the fifth instalment due the distance ROFL

everyone expects konami to gather the 27 rune in the last instalment which i think is quite impossible as u c the distance is so huge making it unlogic for true bearer to travel from continent to continent jus to SUDDENLY show up to fight the final bosss... tats just so lame~~ LOL

Plus, Harmonia is getting weaker in every instalments making the suikoverse's superpower jus like some useless groups.. so i think they better start letting Harmonia to get some TR back in the future series to make it more interesting....

The Yuber and Pesmerga's mystery and some other interesting mystery isn't solved either... Makin the next instalment in the west continent will jus increse the number of mysteries unsolved in Suikoden...
Yuber: I look better in black armor and you know it! Why do you make me look like Michael Jackson instead ?!
Outlander3

Suikoden VI location speculation

Post by Outlander3 »

Since Suikoden V mentions New Armes frequently, I think the Suikoden VI will be held in the New Armes and Nagarea regions.

Traditionally, the location mentioned frequently in a previous Suikoden is a setting for the next one. For example, the Grasslands was mentioned frequently in Suikoden 2, and the Grasslands/Zexen/Southern Harmonia areas are the settings for Suikoden 3.

The name of the war could be the "New Armes/Nagarea War" or the "Southern Continent War". In this war, Nagarea invades and conquers various New Armes tribes in an attempt to obtain the true runes with help from Nether Gate. Suddenly, prominent Nagarean priests are murdered by Nether Gate for no reason, resulting in the enemy nations uniting to dispose of the assassins once and for all.

Other possible regions include Gaien Dukedom and Zelant Kingdom, Kamaro/Northern Outlands and Northern Harmonia, Harmonia, Western Continent, and Kanakan.

Therefore, based on the pattern of most frequently mentioned nation or region in previous Suikodens, my likely bet is the New Armes/Nagarea region.
psyduck

Post by psyduck »

I Hope It will be somewhere in Kanakan, Meeting Old Belcoot (Same As Georg) :twisted:
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Traditionally, the location mentioned frequently in a previous Suikoden is a setting for the next one.
Tradionally? It's happened one time, that's not tradition.

The only game that hinted towards the setting of the next one was II.

I doesn't hint at Jowston at all, it was the only country besides Toran that had been even mentioned at that time.

III certainly doesn't hint towards the Island Nations, if anything it hints towards the Nameless Lands and Harmonia.

IV doesn't even mention Falena that I can remember.

To claim that VI will take place in Nagarea/New Armes because they're mentioned in V is like saying the Easter Bunny shows up at Christmas because your dad put on the wrong costume one year.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Falena was mentioned a few times in IV, but if this guy's logic was true we would've gone to Kooluk or Gaien in the next installment, which we kinda did with Suikoden Tactics (Kooluk at least). Since Gaien would be the only country left, and we didn't visit it in V, his theory has been disproved in at least one instance (and more, after Raww's post), so the whole theory is wrong.
thcrock
Global Admin

Post by thcrock »

The only real factor is: what do the creators think would be interesting?

From the latest news bit:
It's too early to talk about this. But we're pushing ourselves to make a game that is more different and represents more than the players expect by now.
I think they're trying to wow us now, and in my opinion, a game based in New Armes or Nagarea would be the last thing to represent 'more than the players expect'. I expect something out of left field.
Wicked_Rune_Bearer

Post by Wicked_Rune_Bearer »

I think that a game set in the nameless lands would be interesting. Because theres so much diversity followed up with mystery when it comes to this country.
A rpg-suikoden site that lets you choose your character and basically play suikoden on your computer as if it was on your ps console
http://z14.invisionfree.com/Suikoden_Legends
soonket

Post by soonket »

but i think if its set on nameless lands then probably there will be another name given to it.... for say the people there will tell u nameless land have a name onli the people there know lol haha
lazlo_14

Re: Would Suikoden VI take place on the "Western Continent&

Post by lazlo_14 »

I think Beechum name a place called the southern city federation (S3 during the peace talks btw Zexen & Grassland tribes, just before the buring of Karaya village) or some thing like that. Might be their who knows
Avalionis

Post by Avalionis »

Zelant is apparently an island that's between the Western Continent and the Queendom of Falena.

But I've been wondering...does anyone else think that the Village of the Gate, Village of the Hidden Rune and (possibly) Blue Moon Village are all located (or were) somewhere on the Western Continent?

Oh and Scott (from Suikoden III) was suppose to have headed for the Western Continent after the war remember?

edit:
lazlo_14 wrote:I think Beechum name a place called the southern city federation (S3 during the peace talks btw Zexen & Grassland tribes, just before the buring of Karaya village) or some thing like that. Might be their who knows
He may have also refered to the City States of Jowstone...but I could be wrong. I know one of the members of the Zexen Guild mentioned Jowston once.

It could also have been a mistranslation too. Konami has had quite a few in Suikoden II. (actually...A LOT! >.<)
Templeton
Banned User

Post by Templeton »

Gate Rune Village itself is said to be "Harmonian" (just so you know).

Hidden Rune Village was speculated awhile back that it was "Grasslandish".

Blue Moon Village, where Sierra had her "log cabin" hermitage, was during a time where "nations where rising and falling"; this area sounds to me like Harmonian policy at play (Thus Harmonia being my speculation). As well the "Marley Domain" being a Neclord sacked region of Harmonia points to the vampire thing as well. Just to conclude Harmonia has a thing with True Runes making it a further credible place to have Blue Moon Village.