Would Suikoden VI take place on the "Western Continent&

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
Tsubaki

Post by Tsubaki »

Well i hope the next suikoden game would be as far away from falena as posible not because its a bad place its jus i want to see more of the suikoden world. I also think they should have The Badlands in one of the games soon because it sounds kool, but i spose the western continant would be ok aswell.
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

The Badlands is just a blank wasteland that seperates Toran and Dunan, what's so cool about that?
Ushiku

Post by Ushiku »

I have a feeling that Gaien is a possible candidate for a future Suikoden game. It was mentioned in Suikoden 4, and I've read that there is also references to Gaien in Suikoden 5, so perhaps Suikoden 6 will take place in Gaien, I hope so and that it doesn't end up like Harmonia, Kanakan and the Nameless Lands, I've heard them mentioned so many times but we are yet to see those nations in any real detail.

As for the Badlands, I'm pretty sure nobody lives there, its just a huge desert created by the battle between Crowley and Mazus.
And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
SinaiBeach

Post by SinaiBeach »

It sure would be nice though if they did set the 6th installment in a land not yet mentioned but konami always does this little thing called forshadowing. Always talking about a place and then sets the next game in this so called "place".
And Let Us Not Lose Compassion....For Those Who Have Yet To Be Pardoned....
Iku

Post by Iku »

the badlands my be desert but thats doent mean that people doint live there, right? doent flik say that he almost got kill going throught there? so it coiuld have been the inhabitants! or even if i was monsters there may be people living there :) seeing as people nowadays live in deserts.

i mean it may be lots of deserts, but it might be a story before wyatt got the twr and the people rely on it to live...........
i dont know just putting out ideas to show his idea wasnt half bad!
'Believed the evidence of your own eyes, did ya? In a place like this?' Granny Weatherwax
EnigmaticThief

Post by EnigmaticThief »

I find it difficult to see Suikoden VI taking place on the Western Continent. Remember how we got Suikoden IV and it had almost no connectivity to the rest of the series, in terms of time frame and location? That's what made the game bad. Suikoden thrives off of connectivity, so I agree that VI should take place in somewhere already named (like I mentioned before in the SuikoVI Speculation thread.)
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Thanks for posting our collective opinions about why Suikoden IV was bad, but some of us feel differently. The Island Nations have been mentioned by name in the past, so it wasn't un-named before IV.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

The Island Nations were first mentioned in Suikoden II, alongside a number of other new nations in the series. Only Scarlet Moon, Harmonia and Jowstone were mentioned earlier. The mentions include Amada's homeland, and Shu's coin trick.

They were also significantly involved with Suikoden V, moreso than any other nations located outside the southern continent.
Dura Sinai

Post by Dura Sinai »

Ushiku wrote:
That's because Harmonia want to acquire True Runes, so obviously any place with a True Rune would be of interest to them.
Well, we don't know for sure. They certainly have interest but we have yet to see them get involved in anything further than their own continent. They arew a nonfactor in the 4th and 5th games.

In fact, when you think about it, we only know of 2 True runes that are under their control which is Circle and Earth. You can perhaps argue Lightning considering Geddoe's position in the border forces, but it certainly is not fully theirs.

I think the western continent though is very likely for the next game. It can be a setup for many other things. I don't see New Armes being significant enough or large enough to really have a full game. I think it is more fodder for Falena and offers another force in the southern portion of the world. Same with Gaien in the 4th game, it is more a foil to the island nations in that region than a future place for a game. We might get some indirect references, but not every nation is going to be a major place for a game.
Crowley's_Apprentice
Banned User

Post by Crowley's_Apprentice »

Okay i was totally about to post a topic about the western continent being the setting for s6...
maybe we'll see levi again!

i can only hope to see crowley again... :lol:
"Giggity Giggity Giggity!!!"--Glen Quagmire
"Victory is mine!"--Stewie Griffin
"Oh that's just nastee..."--Cleveland
"...evil monkey living in my closet..."--Chris Griffin
lucreborn

Post by lucreborn »

Being that suikoden 6 will most likely be on ps3 im thinking it will be set in harmonia and maybe some other bordering contries or small towns we have not heard of yet. why? well harmonia being so huge ps3 has plenty of memory to probably put the entire area on it. I love harmonia so even if they dont put it in this game its possible later games will have this setting
"I've always been alone, ever since I was born." ~luc suikoden 3~
suikoaddict

Post by suikoaddict »

if u want to have more idea where the next generation of suikoden why not download the full suikoden world map...hehehehe i think suikoden VI
will take place in "Zelant Kingdom and Gaien Dukedom"... :wink: :wink:
Feldoon

Post by Feldoon »

I'm tempted to agree with Suikoaddict. I mean, the Dukedom's Kawano's child, so I can see her using it.

And since the PS3'll be able to cope, they could involve conflict between Gaien/Zelant, as they're close together.

I could see it being placed within a timeline IV/I as we have no idea what happened then, and we have no evidence of a conflict pre-IV.
thcrock
Global Admin

Post by thcrock »

Since Harmonia is said to inhabit multiple continents, that could include the Western Continent. You could possibly see rebellion against Harmonia there, maybe some countries trying to kick Harmonia off that continent (or Harmonia trying to expand), if thats the case.
enos

Post by enos »

^yes, :D
that would be great!!!
I'd like to know more about Harmonia's Expansions...

Harmonia's like Rome or something... we should know more about their conquests... :)