Would Suikoden VI take place on the "Western Continent&

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
Seth the Dark

Would Suikoden VI take place on the "Western Continent&

Post by Seth the Dark »

I ask this because Konami mentioned this in III and with V taking place right before I, I thought for some odd reason that this might be possible. Any thoughts?
Queens Knight

Post by Queens Knight »

We know next to nothing about the western continent but it has been mentioned once or twice in the Suikoden series, its possible, but more likely Suikoden VI will take place in Nagarea or New Armes Kingdom or also Kingdom of Zelant.

If you look at the past Suikoden's almost every sequel, the country or area where it took place was mentioned and named in the previous Suikoden.
Jowston Alliance was mentioned in S1, Grasslands was mentioned in S2, Island Nations was mentioned in S2 and S3, Falena was, albiet briefly, mentioned in S4 and was mentioned in Georg Prime's Bio by Richard in S2.

So in all likelihood, SVI will take place in a place that has been named, other candidates could include the nameless lands or the free knights of Camaro area.
Sickpup

Post by Sickpup »

Queens Knight wrote: Falena was, albiet briefly, mentioned in S4 and was mentioned in Georg Prime's Bio by Richard in S2.
And it was also mentioned in Killey's and Lorelai's bios as well. But I don't remember it being mentioned in S4? Who mentions it?
"Master Flik, you are immature. But that immaturity, that honesty was something I coveted.

And I'm sure that is why Lady Odessa loved you..."
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

It's mentioned in Bartholomew's epilogue.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

More than likely the Kingdom of Zelant is on the the Western Continent, so we could very possibly see the Western Continent in all its glory fairly soon.
Destiny's Warrior

Post by Destiny's Warrior »

Jowy Atreides wrote:More than likely the Kingdom of Zelant is on the the Western Continent, so we could very possibly see the Western Continent in all its glory fairly soon.
So it is. I forgot about that. [Suiko V spoiler]Mentioned on Levi's and Norma's ending thing in V[/spoiler] That would be interesting indeed, but I feel it kind of leaves gaps in the Geography. I mean, they introduced the Northern Continent firstly to kick Suikoden off (Dunan, Toran, Harmonai etc...) And built up a good stable BG there. Then they introduce the Southern Continent. It would be rather shakey I feel if they moved entirely to a different continent, without building up a background on Falena, Armes, Nagerea and such.
Last edited by Destiny's Warrior on Mon May 08, 2006 4:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
"It's called 'Sex Panther' by Odeon... It's illegal in 9 countries... Yep, it's made with real bits of panther so you know it's good."

"Are we about to get it on, 'cause i'm as hard as diamond in an ice storm..."
warmaster670

Post by warmaster670 »

Queens Knight wrote:We know next to nothing about the western continent but it has been mentioned once or twice in the Suikoden series, its possible, but more likely Suikoden VI will take place in Nagarea or New Armes Kingdom or also Kingdom of Zelant.

If you look at the past Suikoden's almost every sequel, the country or area where it took place was mentioned and named in the previous Suikoden.
Jowston Alliance was mentioned in S1, Grasslands was mentioned in S2, Island Nations was mentioned in S2 and S3, Falena was, albiet briefly, mentioned in S4 and was mentioned in Georg Prime's Bio by Richard in S2.

So in all likelihood, SVI will take place in a place that has been named, other candidates could include the nameless lands or the free knights of Camaro area.
zexen was also mentioned in s2
Ushiku

Post by Ushiku »

I'd love it if on the Western Continent there is a country more powerful than Harmonia which has more True Runes than them also, maybe they could know the technique Windy knew to bear more than one True Rune at a time, and could be True Rune fighting machines, I'd love fighting a final boss with 2 True Runes whilst only having 1 True Rune on the tenkai and my most powerful party. It would make fighting Luca Blight seem like childs play.
And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
Queens Knight

Post by Queens Knight »

I was led to believe that the kingdom of Zelant was a large island mass thats not connected to the western continent, its only closer to it then it is to the southlands or the mainland.
Gaien could also be another candidate for the next Suiko to take place, was mentioned in the last 2 games.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Gaien is basically the brainchild of Kawano, and if she's in charge of Suikoden VI, it's more than likely.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

warmaster670 wrote:
Queens Knight wrote:We know next to nothing about the western continent but it has been mentioned once or twice in the Suikoden series, its possible, but more likely Suikoden VI will take place in Nagarea or New Armes Kingdom or also Kingdom of Zelant.

zexen was also mentioned in s2
What makes it interesting is that fact that Harmonia has been mentioned since the old days of the first Suikoden and in every game thereafter. With the exception of, maybe, Rhapsodia.
Queens Knight

Post by Queens Knight »

That it has my friend, but it just seems that there leaving Harmonia alone untill the end of the series.
I don't see it being out of the question though if in the next Suikoden or two we learn more about Harmonia and maybe even a small part of it takes place in Harmonia ie; Caleria, Le Boque in S3.
xXSqualleoNXx

Post by xXSqualleoNXx »

You know, the Western Continent may very well be right nearby to Eastern Harmonia all we know. Remember the World Map is getting quite full, and I don't think they are gonna add yet another continent. So, they might be involved in a future Suikoden plot, if they decide to use the Western Continent. The Southern Continent is too far away for any direct links with Harmonia, although Falena's Sun Rune seems to be still of interest to them.
Hmm...
Ushiku

Post by Ushiku »

xXSqualleoNXx wrote:You know, the Western Continent may very well be right nearby to Eastern Harmonia all we know. Remember the World Map is getting quite full, and I don't think they are gonna add yet another continent. So, they might be involved in a future Suikoden plot, if they decide to use the Western Continent. The Southern Continent is too far away for any direct links with Harmonia, although Falena's Sun Rune seems to be still of interest to them.
That's because Harmonia want to acquire True Runes, so obviously any place with a True Rune would be of interest to them.
And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
SinaiBeach

Post by SinaiBeach »

Since we know nothing about the western continent it would be cool if the western continent had some forces that were so powerful and outnumbering compared to the other lands. It would be unpredicatable for sure if the final battle was with that mysterious western continent, insteand of Harmonia. Maybe in the end all the forces including harmonia join together to take out this western continent. Just a thought.
And Let Us Not Lose Compassion....For Those Who Have Yet To Be Pardoned....