Suikoden Violence

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
nephlabobo

Post by nephlabobo »

Rezard wrote: Medal of honor isn't about the horrors of war, it's about a guy with a gun on a killing spree.
That's the worst summary of a game in the history of the entire universe.
Rezard wrote:It doesn't have to involve blood, it has to be violent only.

It gets hard to shock the audience without any violence. Could you do a movie like Schindler's List without Violence?
So, head and body parts flying with no blood? Hmmmmm
Rezard wrote:It is not the violence alone that create drama, it is the suffering it causes. Also, it is not free violence we want, it is violence in a given context, which could inspire feelings on the player, such as anger, hatred against a villain, revolt, etc.
Didn't you feel hate towards Luca Blight after he wiped out a village in S2? And that wasn't violent at all. It was just the aftermath. I don't get the point you're making.

You just seem to want more gore.

I'm not against gore - but it just doesn't fit the Suiko games.
Iku

Post by Iku »

luca was violant, die pig anyone? now thats violence! more brutality and the horrors of war, i want to feel outraged at what baddie does and have a burning desire to decapitate the enemy! gore isnt required! vandal hearts 2 was really violent but not all that gorey!
'Believed the evidence of your own eyes, did ya? In a place like this?' Granny Weatherwax
Raftrider

Post by Raftrider »

I wouldn't mind more blood, especially if they help make scenes more believable. Xenosaga Episode III was editted for blood when it came State-side. Christ, were those scenes retarded without it! Of course, I also wouldn't mind characters having soiled clothing and armor after a battle (this would coincide with the cut scenes). Eh, you get my idea.
Tsubaki

Re: Suikoden Violence

Post by Tsubaki »

Wow i havnt checked out this in ages, well basicly we need more fighters instead of kids in our armys an enemys ya want to kill coz thy really are that evil and thy shouldnt go down that easily luca style!
When its all said and done im feeling like the milkmans son!
Wade Aznable

Post by Wade Aznable »

Mmmmhhh.... I have a few thoughts on the topic (and some also OFF topic, but let's stick to the thread).
More violence meaning more realism? On some extent, yes.
More gore necessary? Not really. The "Die Pig" scene in SII was probably one of the most emotionally disturbing ever seen in a videogame, and it was carried out with a bunch of pixels in SNES-esque graphics... no gore, no iper-realistic polygonal guts exposed, nothing except Luca's sickness. And it worked. It worked damn well.

On the other side... GOOD VS EVIL. A lot of people claims they loved SII because Luca is "the evil villain you love to hate". Well, the best part of SII is AFTER the death of Luca, in the confrontation between Riou and Jowy. I explain myself: the good vs evil concept is in my not-so-humble ( :mrgreen: ) opinion too semplicistic and childish, life and morals are NOT that simple. An "US VS THEM" concept is far more mature, intriguing and realistic (see, for instance, the Universal Century in Gundam, or the already mentioned Riou-Jowy thing). So... thumbs up for blurred lines and Gizel Godwin (who, in my opinion, was REALLY sure to be acting for the good of Falena, even if he was "the villain"), thumbs down for mono-dimensional characters just put there to be the "villain of the week" (ok, Luca is far more complex than that, but we know that from OUTSIDE GAME SOURCES, in the game he's quite monolithic).

I hope I explained myself correctly and I apologize in advance if I didn't (english is not my mother language).

Greetings,
Wade
May you live interesting times...
Anel21

Re:

Post by Anel21 »

Tsubaki wrote:i know but its jus i miss good old luca blight and his savage ways.
Oh and i also think the next suikoden game should have a bigger war then just a civil war not a world war yet that should be the last game but it would be good to see another suikoden game rival suikoden 2.
I agree with you. Suikoden II is the best. I like Luca Blight and Beast Rune and Suikoden II plot. Suikoden needs more violence and more complicated plots and bigger wars.
Black knight overlord

Post by Black knight overlord »

Didnt luca decapitate that lady(he said "Die Pig!" to)? if there was more violence then think it could relate more to real things. Also, lots of other great series(Final fantasy) are using bigger wars and more violence, and more people are buying them. So overall it would make more people buy(plus i think it would look better). besides, if someone was cut in any other game, they wouldnt be bleeding Froot Loops. stars for blood makes it look more fantasy-like then it has to be, war's not a fantasy anyway, so it should look more natrual.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

Luca didn't decapitate the woman, although the sword slashed through her head/body (hard to tell, eh?).
the only decapitation was Viktor cutting off undead-Daisy's head.
Chaco

Post by Chaco »

I feel Blood/Gore is not in any way needed. However the storyline need's to be darker like it was in Suikoden 2. Instead of showing a village already destroyed and burned down show the village BEING destroyed and burned down by a crazy, sadistic "bad" guy. I have to say the "Die pig" scene was one of my all time favorite scenes in any video game ever.
These wings arn't just for show you know!
-Chaco
Pollensalta

Post by Pollensalta »

Chaco wrote:I have to say the "Die pig" scene was one of my all time favorite scenes in any video game ever.
imagine them showing that scene with the graphics of a PS3. brutal.
Purr.
Benthos

Post by Benthos »

After reading all this, I really think that Luca shall come back in a future Suikoden, and then his sadistic violence will appear even worst.
Pollensalta

Post by Pollensalta »

...well, that'll be hard. he's dead.
Purr.
Chaco

Post by Chaco »

imagine them showing that scene with the graphics of a PS3. brutal.
All that would do was ruin it. I would only remember the girls blood flying everywhere as her face is chopped in half instead of the feeling I felt thinking "Poor Girl!" If her blood burst everywhere I would of been like "Wow she got killed....Eww."
...well, that'll be hard. he's dead..
Although they could make a game like Suikoden Tactics, not counting 6, that could have Luca as a character, maybe even the main character. It could be of some War between Suikoden 1 and 2, and it would give them a chance to bring back old characters like Flik and Viktor first meeting Anabelle or what not. However I think Luca Blight needs to stay in SUikoden 2 ONLY unless above idea is used, bringing him back in Suikoden 6 would be EVIL. I mean remember how annoying that fight was, I had to buy all this crap and train some of these people so I could not get killed. It was easy but annoying as hell.
-Chaco
Iku

Post by Iku »

suikoden is a game all around war, its stupid to have a game that has deep and meaningful themes and yet skip around the big parts of war! s3 shows how hugo's best friend was taken from him yet noone involved was evil! that was good because it seemed appropriate. luca blight kinda comitted genocide to the people of muse by feeding them to to beast rune, that bit would have been much scarier/ better if we heard the screams of the victums or had someone mentally screwed up by hearing/witnessing their family being fed to it! that would have been good!
:wink:
'Believed the evidence of your own eyes, did ya? In a place like this?' Granny Weatherwax
Chaco

Post by Chaco »

suikoden is a game all around war, its stupid to have a game that has deep and meaningful themes and yet skip around the big parts of war! s3 shows how hugo's best friend was taken from him yet noone involved was evil! that was good because it seemed appropriate. luca blight kinda comitted genocide to the people of muse by feeding them to to beast rune, that bit would have been much scarier/ better if we heard the screams of the victums or had someone mentally screwed up by hearing/witnessing their family being fed to it! that would have been good!
Oh I don't mind Scrams of agony and such just I don't think the game needs gore.
-Chaco