Female Tenkai

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
Falenan_descent

Post by Falenan_descent »

but if you're just basing it off the fact that they had party lead for awhile... that'd make Tifa & Cid main characters in FF7,
But Tifa and cid were main characters xx;
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Kirkis wrote:Also, as a side-note, FF6 really never did have a main character, it was pretty much a toss up though between Terra, Locke, or Celes, but if you're just basing it off the fact that they had party lead for awhile... that'd make Tifa & Cid main characters in FF7, :o
It's a matter of length of "leading". Tifa and Cid had very short solo scenes. Terra and Celes pretty much had half the game each to themselves. Although I agree that Locke did also get lots of screen time. But you're correct in that you don't have an unremovable silent character in FF6. It's still clear that people like Relm are less important than Terra. Mog is less important than Celes.

Anyway, in summary go women protagonists!
thecontrivance

Post by thecontrivance »

Personally, with me being a guy I wouldn't mine playing as a female character in a game(except in virtual reality...)....anyway... Although it would feel weird to some extent, especially playing through some of the more female aspects of the game. Which I escpect them to have if they add a female tenkai. Plus I dont think it would sell as good as a boy character would, but who cares.
EDIT by Red Killey: This member is already banned.
Kirkis

Post by Kirkis »

Just because she's female doesn't mean she has to play dollys and house, y'know? Females can be strong leaders and bad-asses too, just look at Valeria, Chris, Sierra, etc.
Ranarldo

Post by Ranarldo »

and another point along with his, you could still have a "rugged" feel to the game. In my opinion, if there was a female protaganist she would most likely be dressed in men's clothing anyhow. just my two cents.
"I find my peace in the eye of the storm"
thecontrivance

Post by thecontrivance »

Just because she's female doesn't mean she has to play dollys and house, y'know? Females can be strong leaders and bad-asses too, just look at Valeria, Chris, Sierra, etc.
Well, I know that and I have full respect for women with that edge to them. I'm just saying it would feel...well....diferent.....I dont know..its hard to explain. I think you guys have the wrong idea about what i am trying to say....

I know there are women out there like that,but I dought 'she' would be like that. I think she would not be the prissy type...but kinda like...have any of yall ever played that game "Tales of Legendia?" If you have I can tell you who I am thinking bout'
Yes I know they were some tough cookies, but they had a very feminine side that was obvious as hell
EDIT by Red Killey: This member is already banned.
bench2hotty

Post by bench2hotty »

Well i have tales of Legendia so tell me who your thingking about.
I look better in black armor and you know it!
Pollensalta

Post by Pollensalta »

That dude got banned awhile ago, actually.
Purr.
WaterMoon

Post by WaterMoon »

His argument was very strong anyways. There have been many female characters in RPG's who are decidedly much more masculine than some of the males: Presea of Tales of Symphonia comes to mind, as do characters like Anita, Kika, etc also come to mind. But even if she was feminine, would that really be such a bad thing? Riou and the Prince both strike me as very feminine, yet they're also very strong leaders. Now, for where/when/how?

I'd like to see one with an unusual and more graceful weapon, like a kusari-gama (for thos who don't know, it's like a sickle with an attached chain that has a weight at the end) from maybe Nagarea, Kanakan, or Zelant. Someone who really doesn't want to fight, but finds herself forced to time and time again, either from racism, sexism, etc, or simply out of the need to survive (as Riou did).
"C'mon, Jeane! The ugly stick had its way with you! Admiiiiiiiiiit it!"
---------------------------------------------------------------
"What do you think,Your Highness? Does kidnapping your little sister sound like fun?"
Luca

Post by Luca »

Nah i wouldn't approve of a female tenkai...no that i'm a gender racist but i think male tenkais are fine the way it is, it'll be kinda awkward to see girly scenes playing as the main character.

i think thats what konami thinks too, thats why they have all been males! :D
Pollensalta

Post by Pollensalta »

Care to elaborate on the "girly scenes"? Seeing as not all females are very girly, I'd be surprised if anything you have to say on the matter holds up.

Point blank, anyone who disappropves of a character because they are female is sexist. That's just the way it is.

If it's an interesting character, it's an interesting character.
Purr.
LadyRhia

Post by LadyRhia »

Luca wrote:Nah i wouldn't approve of a female tenkai...no that i'm a gender racist but i think male tenkais are fine the way it is, it'll be kinda awkward to see girly scenes playing as the main character.

i think thats what konami thinks too, thats why they have all been males! :D
I'd like to point out, the moment you said 'girly scenes' that automatically nulled your 'I'm not gender racist'. At least try and ellaborate more than just 'it's girly' or else this really just seems like "EEEEWWW! GIRLS HAVE COOTIES!". Otherwise I wouldn't be many games since a majority have guy protagonists and "Oh noes! They're manly scenes and they feel awkward!"

I'm a girl and I'd love to see a female protagonist. As Pollensalta said, an interesting character is an interesting character regardless of gender. You don't have to be a girl to relate to a girl because their human. Now unless you want to make a case that girls/guys aren't human and that's why we can't relate to them than I'd merely shake my head.

The only headache I'd get over a female protagonist would be the loud screams in the distance going "NOOOOOO!!!! IT'S A GIRL!!!! SOMEONE SWITCH CHARACTERS! THIS GAME'LL SUCK LIKE FF X-2 BECAUSE OF THE LEAD!!!!!" Like with the announcement of FF XIII.
Falenan_descent

The way I see it is...if any one of y'all were forced to be a leader of a nation and go to war and PARTICIPATE in war and KILL people...none of y'all could do it. You'd be JUST as much of a "sissy" or so you say...as the prince. And a female tenkai is no different :P Chris could do it, but the lot of ya couldn't! So there shall be no complaining of sissies or females in the suikoden games lacking something or rather...

Cuz chances are...you'd be runnin to mommy at the first sign of enemy troops! :P
WaterMoon

Post by WaterMoon »

*cough* Active duty military *cough*

Seriously though, as has been said, not all women are girly. I'm female and I have a lot of masculine traits. My aunt makes me look girly. And girly doesn't mean weak. Look at Riou and Nanami. She was the more masculine of the two, IMHO, but she kept trying to talk Riou into not fighting, into running away, and eventually faked her own death to run away from all the fighting. Riou, the more feminine of the two, said no way, not running. He stood and fought, because he had something to protect. I think it's safe to say, but a woman who has chosen to protect something can be MUCH more fierce than any man. Look at a mother grizzly when you threaten her cubs.
"C'mon, Jeane! The ugly stick had its way with you! Admiiiiiiiiiit it!"
---------------------------------------------------------------
"What do you think,Your Highness? Does kidnapping your little sister sound like fun?"
Falenan_descent

Look at a mother grizzly when you threaten her cubs.
For some reason Ronnie Bell and Emily come to mind... {Run away!}