Female Tenkai

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
Falenan_descent

Female Tenkai

Post by Falenan_descent »

I'd like to see a female Tenkai Star. There's yet to be one. And, before SOMEONE says it...Chris was not a Tenkai. I wouldn't even care if it was a main character. Just I'd like to see a female leader for once and see how they'd interact throughout a war/suikoden setting.

Plus, I'm sure women would have a different view as to how things should go. What do you guys think?
Ushiku

Post by Ushiku »

I'm sure its possible, there have been female characters with prominent positions in Suikoden games, but as yet there has been no female tenkai. I think it would be interesting to see a female tenkai if a game was set in Harmonia or that other theocracy on the Falenan continent some people seem to be mentioning, because usually religions or states with a heavy influence from religions are more favourable to men than women, so it could be that they are fighting for equality in their nation for all.

In Harmonia it could be a female of the "sub-human" rank or a "third class Harmonian" from an occupied territory which resisted occupation.
And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
Pollensalta

Re: Female Tenkai

Post by Pollensalta »

Falenan_descent wrote:I'd like to see a female Tenkai Star. There's yet to be one. And, before SOMEONE says it...Chris was not a Tenkai. I wouldn't even care if it was a main character. Just I'd like to see a female leader for once and see how they'd interact throughout a war/suikoden setting.

Plus, I'm sure women would have a different view as to how things should go. What do you guys think?
YES! I completely agree. (In fact, when I first saw the Prince, and didn't know he was a Prince, I was so excited because I thought it was the first female Tenkai.

Hey, it took until Final Fantasy 6 to get a female main character (Terra) so why not in Suikoden 6?
Purr.
Chris_Lightfellow

Post by Chris_Lightfellow »

I agree. It's about time we had a female tenkai. I would love to have one! It doesn't seem like there are many female main characters anymore.
And if I saw you dancing, I would spin you around, spin you around, turn your world upside down

Not sure about something? Check the board rules!
Komataguri

Post by Komataguri »

Women are the causes of war, not the leaders of wars.
SpecialNewb

Post by SpecialNewb »

Komataguri wrote:Women are the causes of war, not the leaders of wars.
Um, well I'm sure some women somewhere have caused wars but not in the last few hundred years. Queen Elizabeth I did a pretty good job against the Spanish tho.

Anyhoo, yes I'd totally support a female Tenkai but I don't think it'll happen because of the market in Japan. (And maybe the US too but I don't know.) But I do worry that if there is a female Tenkai, it'll be a disaster. Have there been any female leads that aren't like pop stars ala Yuna in the last 6 years? I can think of Prier from La Pucelle but love was a major driving force for her too.

Don't get me wrong, I liked Yuna as a character in both X and X2.
Ushiku

Post by Ushiku »

Well Theresa Wisemail is strong leader, so is Lucia, I haven't played Suikoden 5 yet so I can't really comment on the Queendom of Falena, Odessa was a powerful leader and her insight of Tir's leadership qualities and getting the fire spears before the need arised showed she was a great leader both politically and militarily for the Liberation Army. Chris is a great leader of the Zexen Knights also. Milia is the new Dragon Knights leader.

Women have been very strong and influential in Suikoden, Annabelle was a great leader of Muse before Jowy killed her.

I don't think its impossible to show a female Tenkai, Konami have shown that they are good at making strong female characters in positions of authority, so a female Tenkai isn't beyond them. I hope that they do make one sooner rather than later.
And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
Shikton

Post by Shikton »

An option could be to be able to choose the gender of the hero, unless that's too much work for the devs. I wouldn't mind that at all. Opens for some different dialogue too, and a tiny bit more replayability. I dunno...
I am Shikton, the Slayer of Bunnies.
Falenan_descent

I realize that the suikoden world has strong, female leaders in politics. But, I wanna see a female be the strong leader of fate and destiny through the 108 stars. Not just through politics =P
Destiny's Warrior

Post by Destiny's Warrior »

I would quite like a Female Tenkai. I think that would be kind of interesting. The only thing is though... the voice. I don't think a voice like Minnie Mouse would go down well with fans. I kind of pondered on this after playing Star Ocean: Till the End of Time....
"It's called 'Sex Panther' by Odeon... It's illegal in 9 countries... Yep, it's made with real bits of panther so you know it's good."

"Are we about to get it on, 'cause i'm as hard as diamond in an ice storm..."
Ushiku

Post by Ushiku »

Falenan_descent wrote:I realize that the suikoden world has strong, female leaders in politics. But, I wanna see a female be the strong leader of fate and destiny through the 108 stars. Not just through politics =P
Well Odessa and Chris aren't limited to politics.
Oh I just remembered Katrina Cott, she's the leader of the Razril Knights, so there are also women in leading military positions.

I'm sure a female tenkai could work well, but I think it would have to be the right environment, that's why I think a theocracy would be a great place for a female tenkai to be from, a female tenkai who's sick of the hypocrisy of the bishops and clergymen.

They could be from a relatively respectable place for a lady, but that wouldn't really add to the political edge of what I feel would be a great spirit for a female tenkai. Odessa was a strong military and political leader with lots of heart, a woman like her would make a great tenkai.
Joel

Post by Joel »

Maybe there'll be a game where you can pick the gender of the hero. That'd be pretty cool if you think about it.
Mad Prince of Highland

Post by Mad Prince of Highland »

At first i thought the hero of Suikoden V was a woman. :oops: :oops: :oops:
"Fear is a stupid emotion."
Ushiku

Post by Ushiku »

Does anybody else have any ideas of a setting for a female tenkai?

Obviously it could be anywhere, but I'd love a powerful political and military leader such as Odessa, that's why an area which is corrupt or discriminatory is the best place to set a game with a female tenkai in my opinion.
Falenan_descent

I think it'd be great to have a female tenkai in a setting where females are oppressed in society and our spunky tenkai would be tired of the treatment towards women and step up to the plate to change history :P