Will they ever do another game from one of the past countrie

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
Hawkballz

Will they ever do another game from one of the past countrie

Post by Hawkballz »

Just wondering different story say in the Scarlet Moon Empire. Maybe you get to be Barbarosa and go against your uncle?
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

The Grasslands is the most likely candidate, considering that the original Flame Champion is confirmed to be a Tenkai Star (Star of Destiny gatherer).
Basel

Post by Basel »

Jowy Atreides wrote:the original Flame Champion is confirmed to be a Tenkai Star
That is good to know. Where did you get this information from?
"The real issue is not TALENT as an independent element, but talent in relationship to WILL, DESIRE, AND PERSISTENCE. Talent without these things VANISHES and even modest talent with those characteristics GROWS..." -Milton Glaser
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

It's stated in Suikoden III I believe. I think it might be Sana that tells you.
Masamune

Post by Masamune »

A more developed Grassland would be nice actually... especially if it involved actually showing the Safir and Lycanthrope clans (assuming the latter still exists, which isn't unreasonable given Bob's age). Heck, it could even INVOLVE the Lycanthrope village slaughter...

To make it seem more like a 'new game', it might be an idea to shift away from Zexen and include more of Harmonia, the southern Grasslands (since the Karayans used to live further south anyways), and that sort of thing.
Komataguri

Post by Komataguri »

I think they are gonna explore alot more of the undiscovered lands in the world of suikoden before they start recounting full on tales of lands that have already been used majorly in games.
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

Lemmy Claypool wrote:It's stated in Suikoden III I believe. I think it might be Sana that tells you.
Stated in the manga, actually.
I hope everything is going delicious.
Masamune

Post by Masamune »

Really, which volume is that?

Koma is right though, I don't see them going back over old territory (even though leaving a Tenkai 'without a game' seems odd).
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

Angelis_Taleria wrote:
Lemmy Claypool wrote:It's stated in Suikoden III I believe. I think it might be Sana that tells you.
Stated in the manga, actually.
I'm sure I saw something along the lines of Suikoden III being the "second gathering of 108 in the Grasslands" or something. Maybe I've just descended into madness, though O_o
Komataguri

Post by Komataguri »

Masamune wrote:Really, which volume is that?

Koma is right though, I don't see them going back over old territory (even though leaving a Tenkai 'without a game' seems odd).
I never said they wouldn't go back.

I simply said they wouldn't rehash the same idea when there is so much of the suikoworld left unknown and unexplored
Chris_Lightfellow

Post by Chris_Lightfellow »

If they do go back to the Grasslands, I think it would be nice to see something of the Safir clan, since we know basically nothing about them.
And if I saw you dancing, I would spin you around, spin you around, turn your world upside down

Not sure about something? Check the board rules!
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Nothing about the Flame Champion being a Tenkai was mentioned in Suikoden III. I'll bring my manga volumes to school and see which volume says this. Leknaat doesn't actually say he's a Tenkai explicitly, but she does present him with a Stone Tablet of Promise, which implies a lot.
Komataguri

Post by Komataguri »

Jowy Atreides wrote:Nothing about the Flame Champion being a Tenkai was mentioned in Suikoden III. I'll bring my manga volumes to school and see which volume says this. Leknaat doesn't actually say he's a Tenkai explicitly, but she does present him with a Stone Tablet of Promise, which implies a lot.
Leknaat gave the original Flame Champion a Stone Tablet?

Then that pretty much settles the fact he was a Tenkai, since he was was a gatherer of the 108 stars of destiny, or he wouldn't have gotten a stone tablet.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

My mistake about the Stone Tablet. She talks to the original FC about the Stars of Destiny at the beginning of the eighth volume though, in the fully-colored pages. There is some sort of slate inbetween them, however. Maybe I wasn't wrong after all.
Sickpup

Post by Sickpup »

I really don't want to see a game involving the Flame Champ as the Tenkai. At least not a main storyline game. There was already a game on the True Fire Rune. And I really don't want to see it again, especially since we pretty much know exactly what happens during that event.

I want to see a game that takes place after Suiko3. When the games happen in the past. Some things are supposed to be shocking revelations to you. But since you played previous games, it kind of ruins them.
"Master Flik, you are immature. But that immaturity, that honesty was something I coveted.

And I'm sure that is why Lady Odessa loved you..."