Next New Race!?

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
Falenan_descent

Next New Race!?

Post by Falenan_descent »

I hope they make something really weird for the next new race. Lol

We've had Lizards, Ducks, Beavers, Kobolds, Nay-kobolds...

I wanna see something exotic like sloths or hedgehogs. Lol.

A sloth community would be funny, actually.

----

Hero enters a Deep Forest...ONLY TO NOTICE SOMETHING IS HANGING FROM A TREE!

Choice 1: Err...Hello.
Choice 2: How's it hanging?

Choice 2 selected.

Sloth: ....Hello. Not bad.

Hero: Wanna join my army?

Sloth: Umm...not really. I'm feeling kinda lazy...maybe...if you came back later...I wouldn't be?

Hero: Ok.

--------

XD

Or frogs. Frogs would be neat. I could see some interesting unite attacks involving frogs.

What do you guys think on speculating for a new race? :D
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

A totally original race would be nice. Rather than traditional creatures like elves, mermaids and dwarves, and the animal-people like kobolds, nay-kobolds, lizards, ducks and beavers.

Wingers were somewhat original, albeit not particularly imaginative.
Kazu

Post by Kazu »

How about Angels? Demons?
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

Kazu wrote:How about Angels? Demons?
Too cliche IMO
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Well, they aren't new, but a Sindar would be nice for once. I can see a lot of things they could be with a Sindar SoD, but it'd take many pages to describe all the ideas I've got.
nausicaa1982

Post by nausicaa1982 »

I like the idea of sprites or pixies. Kind of like in Zelda. It's not altogether original or anything, but the suikodens have yet to have little tiny flying companions.

I think nymphs would also be very interesting - also not original but you're not bound to one particular theme. You could have wood, water, earth, air etc.
Komataguri

Post by Komataguri »

nausicaa1982 wrote:I like the idea of sprites or pixies. Kind of like in Zelda. It's not altogether original or anything, but the suikodens have yet to have little tiny flying companions.

I think nymphs would also be very interesting - also not original but you're not bound to one particular theme. You could have wood, water, earth, air etc.
But do you stuff and seal them into airtight bottles to recruit them, tho? :p
nausicaa1982

Post by nausicaa1982 »

Komataguri wrote: But do you stuff and seal them into airtight bottles to recruit them, tho? :p
Haha, always a possibility! But I doubt they'd be too keen to fight for the hero's side if he did that!
warmaster670

Post by warmaster670 »

well, the beavers and ducks were somewhat original, at least eth beavers. i like how they gnaw the boats.
i wouldnt mind seeing thh wingers, or the lizards again.
Last edited by warmaster670 on Sun Apr 23, 2006 6:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

THE. Not teh or eth.

They need to have more demi-humans that serve other functions besides comic relief. Perhaps as the monarch or as the leading strategist of your army?
pesmerga786

Post by pesmerga786 »

hmm what about monkeys. they can be funny and stuff jumping around and all that stuff. i'd love to see monkeys hahah
Nemesis

Post by Nemesis »

that is a good one! But I think they might use insects soon. You know, a giant walking fly?
Nick Bruiser
warmaster670

Post by warmaster670 »

like the flying things in suikoden 3? only more like teh kobolds?
nausicaa1982

Post by nausicaa1982 »

Nemesis wrote:that is a good one! But I think they might use insects soon. You know, a giant walking fly?
Isn't that kind of like what the mantor was?
ThyWraith

Post by ThyWraith »

I for one don't think any new races should be added. I mean if this is the first time we see them, were where they in the other 5 games. It just leaves a big gap. It feels forced to me to add new races every time.