Suikoden VI Speculation Thread

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
Komataguri

Post by Komataguri »

SinaiBeach wrote:Does anyone even have confirmation that konami is even going to make a suikoden 6 game?
There have been subtle hints dropped that its already in production for PS3
SinaiBeach

Post by SinaiBeach »

Oh well that is good. Wouldn't want all this hype for no reason.
And Let Us Not Lose Compassion....For Those Who Have Yet To Be Pardoned....
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

SinaiBeach wrote:Does anyone even have confirmation that konami is even going to make a suikoden 6 game?
read the very first post
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Yeah, except that doesn't really confirm anything.
Darian

Post by Darian »

Jowy Atreides wrote:Yeah, except that doesn't really confirm anything.
Yeah, except it does. Basically says that the development is "top secret" and that the Suikoden team is looking for new people. I'd say it's pretty damn clear.
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

Darian wrote:
Yeah, except it does. Basically says that the development is "top secret" and that the Suikoden team is looking for new people. I'd say it's pretty damn clear.
As clear as it may seem it's still not confirmation unless explicitly stated. Though it is still 90% obvious they're talking about a new Suikoden, yeah.
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

Lemmy Claypool wrote:
Darian wrote:
As clear as it may seem it's still not confirmation unless explicitly stated. Though it is still 90% obvious they're talking about a new Suikoden, yeah.
Has konami ever let a game-series end unfinished? I don't think so, but then again I've only played MGS and Castlevania(also Suikoden du'h) so I don't really know.

I think its confirmation enough. There could be some complications though. Like the game only getting released in Japan and so on.
Ushiku

Post by Ushiku »

I seriously doubt that Konami will forget its overseas fans and just concentrate on Japan.

Suikoden 5 has gathered lots of support even from former critics of the Suikoden series, with Suikoden going from strength to strength, and its renewal of faith from the fans, I'd say its certain that Suikoden 6 will be a global game.
And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Yes, it's obvious as hell, but nothing has been confirmed. There's also these things called side-games that they develop; SARS assumed they were talking about Suikoden VI, but nothing of the sort was said.
SinaiBeach

Post by SinaiBeach »

Yeah hopefully we have gotten the support we need for them to make more games and yes if it does become a global game then that will only make all the more better for the support and attention.
And Let Us Not Lose Compassion....For Those Who Have Yet To Be Pardoned....
LoganAlpha30X13

Post by LoganAlpha30X13 »

Lemmy's edit: Don't post about Suikoden V outside of it's designated forums, thanks.
The_Face_of_Death

Post by The_Face_of_Death »

Here are some Suikoden 6 ideas that would be a good idea, in my opinion:

1.) A city-like Headquarters (like SII but bigger), like someone mentioned earlier.

2) The original World Map, used in SI, II, and V.

3) New race

4) Camera control

5) Suiko V style normal battles w/ strategic formations

6) Suiko 5 Duel System.

7) More useful characters. (Shops and Mini Games. I really liked the training hall in SIV.

8) Explain a lot more about things left without an explanation (sidestories)

9) Better use of runes (Like combat runes in Suikoden tactics that had 4 spells like a magic rune).

10) War battles like Suikoden 5, mixed with the rune cannon naval battles of S4.

11.) Be able to make armor with the blacksmith like S4, and attach runes to weapons like S2.

12.) Skill System like S3, with epic skills like SV.

13) New Armor sets.

14) Bring back the Silverburgs!!! except for Elenor...

15) Have a voice person for your hero.

16) More than just a special ending for getting all SoDs.

17) Keep the 4 person entorouge thing.

18) 6 person party.

19) An interesting new land.

20) Chinchiporin and Checkers. My favorite mini games. Also, cooking-type mini game, fishing, and S2's rope climbing game.

21) KEEP THE SERIES ALIVE AND KICKIN'!!!
MY SWORD STILL THIRSTS FOR BLOOD!!!!!!!!
agamara

Post by agamara »

i want play as hanzo, with his teammate (kage and fuma) maybe...travelling all over western continent before they turn into ninjas and build rokkaku village.
Luc-sama

Post by Luc-sama »

For suikoden 6 ... :oops: er.. I want Ishikawa Fumi back as the character designer if possible ^^;
EnigmaticThief

Post by EnigmaticThief »

Well, I suppose this is as good a place to introduce myself as any...

I, for one, think that Suikoden VI could take two main directions in terms of story and setting. The first possibility that comes to mind would be Harmonia. It's taken a prominent place in the vast majority of the Suikoden games so far, but we know relatively little of it. To be able to actually explore and define the extent of Harmonia's borders would be very interesting. Also, there's potential for tension between the theocracy and the Howling Voice Guild, that could provide the spark for a conflict. If not that, then Harmonia seems to have an infinite number of disputes with bordering nations.

A second possibilty could be the South-western region of the Suikoden world. Namely: Nagarea, Zelant, and Gaien. Based on their assumed geography, they could be close enough for a potential conflict. Although, placing a HQ might be something of a difficult exercise. Also, there are many characters from V that end up heading in that direction. Oboro and the detectives; Norma, Ernst, and Levi; their unfinished quests might make up part of a future Suikoden.