Suikoden VI Speculation Thread

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
wolf88

Post by wolf88 »

I really hope they make voice acting an option that you can turn on/off if you want. I truly think that voice acting has really damaged this series, and I don’t think I should have to turn off my game sound just so I don’t have to listen to awkward dialogue.
Voice acting was decent in a game like FFX, but in a game with 108+ characters, it just ends up sounding terrible.

Much like everyone else, I too hope they continue to expand on HQ’s.

In addition, it would indeed be cool to see the story take place in the Nameless Lands, Harmonia, or even in the Highland Kingdom.

Actually, it would be kind of cool if they went into the New Armes Kingdom and we learned more about the Sindar as well.
When I die, I want to go like my grandpa did. Peacefully in his sleep. Not yelling and screaming like the people in the backseat.
Ushiku

Post by Ushiku »

Highland is part of Dunan now as the Higheast Province, they were featured prominently in Suikoden 2, and with the Beast Rune now supposedly missing, and the Rune of Beginning story being over for now since the curse is beaten, the only way I'd really see that happening is if Jowy or Riou died and one of them got the Rune of Beginning, preferably Jowy since Riou has already been a tenkai.

Perhaps New Armes, Nagara, Nameless Lands, Camaro, Kanakhan or even the Gaien Dukedom would be a great place to set a game, I'd love to see the western continent as well, but out of all of my list the Gaien Dukedom would be my favourite place.

It would be interesting to see how its international power has changed since the time of Suikoden 4 since basically they suffered military defeat after military defeat, losing two colonies in the Island Nations in the process. It would be interesting to see how weak a country it really is or if there was a long term goal which we don't know about and that's why they were happy to give up their colonies and give them independence.
And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
Philweasel

Post by Philweasel »

Two words, Higheast Rebelion.

Pilka beating on Viktor, Flik and Shu for the win!
Ushiku

Post by Ushiku »

If there was to be a game scoping two continents, I'd love to see Western Continent, Gaien, Falena or some other huge country challenge Harmonia in a colony war, we know there were colony wars between Kooluk and Gaien, and that Harmonia has done a lot of invading in its time.
And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
gluv

Post by gluv »

In my opinion the Suikoden series will be structured in sagas the first three being the 'Northern Continent Saga', Suikoden IV as a filler or side-story (like Kakashi's sidestory in Naruto Manga) and then Suikoden V will be the beginning of the 'Southern Continent Saga' where the next two suikodens will be set in countries connected to Falena and the newly announced nations.
I would say then that Nagarea will be the next setting as the Suikoden team seems to choosing unique, interesting places recently such as the Grasslands, Island Nations and the Queendom of Falena as opposed to typical Kingdoms and City-State Republic types so the theocratic Nagarea will be a better choice over Zelant and New Armes (kind of Grassland-ish). My guess would be the new Tenkai will be some sort of religious peon who discovers corruption in the Nagarean clergy, the type only religious institutions can have.
Possible problem with this theory however is that Nagarea competes against Harmonia (which should be a future Suikoden setting) for a theocracy story though if Hikusaak is Tenkai then it would be before Harmonia's theocracy is established.
I think it would be unwise of the Suikoden team to create the elaborate new cast and setting of Suikoden V and simply jump back somewhere on the Northern Continent or some obscure East or West Continent.
Komataguri

Post by Komataguri »

I would like to see something unusual.

Like the hero not surviving.

Or maybe, battling the final boss...and when you are about to win, you get anihilated, and only the tenkai is left...gasping for breath and clawing for life...and at that moment he looses control of his true rune and causes his death, the death of the end game enemy, and the total destruction of a large area. [ I'm not talking about the firebringer war >_< ]

I want to see the Hero die for once...Or better yet, the Badguys win :D

Altho I know badguys will never win :cry:
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Yeah, that's always the obvious way to change things up for pretty much any RPG, and yet they never do it.
Darian

Post by Darian »

Has anybody considered the prospect of setting the game in a place we've already been?

SIV was - what? - 100+ years before S1? What if they took that same concept and set it 100+ years in past or future of Toran, Dunan, Falena, etc.? Peace never lasts forever, afterall.
Ushiku

Post by Ushiku »

I'd love to see a game in Kanakan, we could even have some stubborn alcohol lovers who are similar to Viktor or Elanor.
Is it known exactly where Kanakan is situated?

The Western Continent is where I think the next game will probably be set, Falena is a the largest power on its continent, and I believe Harmonia is being left until the Suikoden finale.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Darian wrote:Has anybody considered the prospect of setting the game in a place we've already been?

SIV was - what? - 100+ years before S1? What if they took that same concept and set it 100+ years in past or future of Toran, Dunan, Falena, etc.? Peace never lasts forever, afterall.
Yeah, it's already been considered.

http://www.suikosource.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=6753
Sickpup

Post by Sickpup »

I think they should make an ultimate Gaiden game that plays like Saga Frontier 2. If you haven't played Saga Frontier 2, I haven't played the game in many years, but here is generally how it works:

You get to choose what event you want to play on the world map. And each of these events contains different character and different stories. (That intersect from time to time) And when you play these events, you unlock new ones on the world map. And these events take place over the course of many many years.

So in this ultimate Gaiden game, you go around the map playing all Suikoden Events talked about: Succesion War, First Fire Bringer War, Armes War, Higheast Rebellion etc etc. I think it would fufill a lot of people's lust for returning characters and you finally get to play these events.

I don't want to see Suikoden take place in the past again. I really loved V and all. But I really want to see post Suiko3 events in a main game! Maybe something involving Harmonia.
"Master Flik, you are immature. But that immaturity, that honesty was something I coveted.

And I'm sure that is why Lady Odessa loved you..."
Darian

Post by Darian »

Sickpup wrote:I think they should make an ultimate Gaiden game that plays like Saga Frontier 2. If you haven't played Saga Frontier 2, I haven't played the game in many years, but here is generally how it works:

You get to choose what event you want to play on the world map. And each of these events contains different character and different stories. (That intersect from time to time) And when you play these events, you unlock new ones on the world map. And these events take place over the course of many many years.

So in this ultimate Gaiden game, you go around the map playing all Suikoden Events talked about: Succesion War, First Fire Bringer War, Armes War, Higheast Rebellion etc etc. I think it would fufill a lot of people's lust for returning characters and you finally get to play these events.

I don't want to see Suikoden take place in the past again. I really loved V and all. But I really want to see post Suiko3 events in a main game! Maybe something involving Harmonia.
I think that's an interesting idea and it worked well it Saga Frontier 2.

I never did get that far in that game, unfourtunately. But I do recall leaving off playing as one of the main characters' granddaughter, which I thought was great.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

SaGa Frontier 2 really was an innovative game. Not only did they do these "events" for large-scale battles, but they also did them for seemingly minor characters like "Johan the Assassin" and that female general. Even Fake Gustav and some other random dudes got their own little missions. This would be perfect for Suikoden, since it has always had an equal balance of politics (large-scale battles and such) and individuals included in those conflicts.
Ushiku

Post by Ushiku »

That's a wonderful idea, I'm sure if it was made it would be very insightful as to events mentioned but never seen.
SinaiBeach

Post by SinaiBeach »

Does anyone even have confirmation that konami is even going to make a suikoden 6 game?
And Let Us Not Lose Compassion....For Those Who Have Yet To Be Pardoned....