Suikoden VI Speculation Thread

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

I play a game for its entire package. Minus graphics, and you'll end up with a wall-of-text game like Xenogears Disc 2.

Here's hoping Suikoden won't resort to that simply because some of us think they shouldn't concentrate on graphics.
Juggalo JXL

Post by Juggalo JXL »

Oh I don't have that big of a problem with graphics, it's just I wanted them to be fluid or polished. If they didn't want to do this I would just honestly rather them go back to Suikoden II graphics with more advanced sprite animations. Heck I would rather see that than 3D.
Ancient Cheesecake

Post by Ancient Cheesecake »

I didn't have any problem with Suikoden 5's graphics. Sure they weren't spectacular but they did a great job at everything they needed to. I'd rather have this kind of game than a game with it's awesome graphics but dull and monotonous gameplay and story(like Oblivion! ARG!).
No offense intended.

Dumb dumb Moira Brown
Dumbest chick in this whole dumb town

Dumber than old king kong
Uglier than a junk yard dog

I set off a nuke to kill you
But fate was just too damn cruel
WarBaby2

Post by WarBaby2 »

What would I whant to see in SVI... let's see:

Plot and Location: Personally I'd love to see a "the souce of it all" scenario... the first time 108 where geathered. That would give an opportunity for a great storyline and to explain the origins of a few characters. It also could bring the plot to a worldspanning scale for the first time.

Another good plot would be centered around Harmonia. I mean, it seams that the 108 geathereing did happenen in most countries of the Suikoworld at some point in history. Why not in Harmonia?

Gameplay and Graphics: I think they got that one very good in SV. The Battlesystem(s) where quite appealing. The Skillsystem was good.
The Graphics and Art where nice und the voiceacting was brilliant.
The only things they could add for SVI would be: More "realism" in terms of scale. I like the idea of walking characters in the HQ. Also more people strolling the castle would be nice. It never felt like you really command an entire army of thousands of individuals in all the earlier games. How about seeing hundreds of soilders training in the yard? Or a group of smiths crafting under the obsevation if the one SoD smith you recrouted?

I know, things like that may not have been possible technologically back than. But they certenly are today.
"Yea, you should fight fire with fire... Gee! You should fight EVERYTHING with fire!"
Juggalo JXL

Post by Juggalo JXL »

I like the idea of the characters walking around in the castle, and the idea of the first uniting of the 108.
Falenan_descent

Post by Falenan_descent »

For the next suikoden, Im hoping for a better musical score. I loved the music in Suikoden II. It really made your heart race at times and at other times help you shed a tear =P

Suikoden III wasn't that bad.
Suikoden IV's music sucked.
Suikoden V was almost there =p
Juggalo JXL

Post by Juggalo JXL »

I got this idea from another thread, but I think that it would be cool if there were two sides to a story. Make it an epic Suikoden, possibly the last and have a light side and a dark side. Both sides recruit the 108 stars, however they are different for each side. This would create interesting angles on the lingering story lines as well. This could either be done very good, or they could totally mess it up. This would make it a veyr long game, and it would have a lot of replay value.
Brainsuker

Post by Brainsuker »

Yeah, all are good idea although Konami won't read our want.

But, I agree if they give more costumizeable HQ like your idea. It is good, and amuzing. Make Suikoden more complicated and fun.

The other I want are :

Normal battle in Suikoden V is good, and suited well for this series. When I saw that at first time, I even said, that's what I call Suikoden. Then world map setting in Suikoden V is fit for me. I hate today RPG because they don't have world map like Suikoden V anymore.

But there are something miss that I want to see in Suikoden. And I hope I can find it on the next Suikoden

They are :

Better Graphic. It is not necessary as good as Suikoden IV, or even Final Fantasy. but it must has good layout, informative ( transparent view behind the building ), good camera view, and easy to explore rooms. Not bland like Suikoden V. Or slow and unfriendly like Suikoden III.

More challenging Enemy. Because I can't even find difficult bosses in this series. But please, don't change normal war setting. And... quick loading.

Better command rune, Co-Op, and magic. Because normal attack in Suikoden V is even better than for example Belcoot's Valcon Rune, and Fayleen and Fayloon Co-Op attack ( although they have a little more damage, but confuse mode after doing that skill make their total damage fewer than normal attack. ( or maybe critical attack in this game is too strong so we need not to use skill, formation, and even Co-Op attack ))

Make every characters useful. Not just story wise characters like Lucretia and several other useless characters in Suikoden V. I can't even imagine that a great strategist like her just give Frenzy to her unit. It is useless !!!!

Better Army battle. I hate Suikoden III and V army battle setting, because they are annoying. And I love Suikoden II and IV because they are easy to play and fun. If they don't have a clue, just get Romance of the three kingdom X as referre. ( for suikoden V, I hate it because the real time mode is annoying )

Make Army battle as a mini game like Suikoden IV. If they can make army battle better, it is a good idea to play army battle in mini game. Just give the mini game title : Training season. And unlock lot of secret ( like get better combat skill, rare rune, etc that make your next actual Army battle better and fun ).

Duel as mini game, so we can duel a lot. May be duel competition in HQ is a good idea. Or, they need to overhaul the duel. Because scissor, paper, and rock type duel like duels in Suikoden series are boring and not challenging ( if you read the text ). Duel like Tekken or tales series may be ? ( tales series : Tales of Destiny, Tales of Ethernia, etc ).

Romance. Perhap not just between Hero and one female character, but several female. Look Harvest Moon and you will know it.

Good story !!! Suikoden V story is the best in Suikoden series. Followed by Suikoden II and Suikoden I. While Suikoden III is the worst, and IV is... although not bad, but not good.

Good characters background like in V. Because characters background in III and IV were bad. Characters background in I and II were even better than in III and IV.

That's it. And of course, all other ideas written in this forums. Because they are good.
seaofholes

Post by seaofholes »

Bring Higashino back to do the music!
Yoonathan

Post by Yoonathan »

I agree use the Suikoden 2 music make, the game more sad, make there be more scenes where there is a hero like in Suikoden 2 where Viktor and Flik always came into save the day, have two chars like them and it will make a great Suikoden. :o
Ushiku

Post by Ushiku »

I think an entirely defensive True Rune (like Riou's Bright Sheild half True Rune minus level 4 spell) would be useful, since it makes you rely on other characters for a good mix of strength, magic and all-rounders.
Suikoden 1 and 2 whilst were great games storywise, weren't as challenging gameplay wise as Suikoden 4. That Giant Tree was a real pain in the neck to beat. But the 3 headed dragon and the Beast RinCar were relatively easy.
If anything, I found in Suikoden 2, Luca Blight was more like a final boss quality battle then the Beast Rincar.

The storyline in Suikoden 5 is rumoured to be great, so if they stick to the Suikoden feel, then it would be great.

I think that a female tenkai, as mentioned in another thread, would be interesting. So far whilst there have been prominent females, there have been no female tenkai stars. It would be especially good if they were in a theocracy, daughter of a hypocritical clergyman who is being adulterous, whilst preaching of a divine social code, this daughter could fight against the hypocricy and reclaim the theocracy to its true teachings or welcome other beliefs that the indocrinated ones preached by the high preists.

I think this would be a great storyline for a place like Harmonia, either that or a princess/clan leader's daughter/presidents daughter of a conquered nation who resisted and rising up against third class citizenship in Harmonia, Harmonia has descended into civil war a couple of times.

I would just love some more light shed on:

Yuber and Pesmerga
Jeane
Viki
The Sindar
Hikusaak and Harmonia
And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
Lucid

Post by Lucid »

All I want is for them to actually put an effort into the graphics and music this time. Suikoden V had average music at best(most tracks were much to repetetive with very short loops), and, aside from some of the cutscenes, horrible graphics for this day in the ps2's life.
Ellerkerm5

Post by Ellerkerm5 »

I wishing for Suikoden 6 will be either on the PS2 or PS3 system.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Ellerkerm5 wrote:I wishing for Suikoden 6 will be either on the PS2 or PS3 system.
Mmmm yes, it pretty much has to be. No one has ever created a series and then gone back to an old system after they moved on to a next generation one. . . and I don't think Suikoden will take a break until the generation after playstation 3. I don't think Suikoden is moving to any other system anytime soon either.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

They did say that it was only coincidence that the games were mostly on the Sony platform, but it wouldn't be very smart at this point to jump around consoles, making potential consumers guess which system the next game would come out on.

Wikipedia's entry for Suikoden V mentions that Sakiyama said something about V being the last name for the PS2. Does anyone know anything about this?