Suikoden: Legend of Troy?

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
Sigurd
Location: Suikoden IV is the best ever Suikoden - Tactics is the worst.

Suikoden: Legend of Troy?

Post by Sigurd »

I was't sure where to post this, but perhaps in the future, there may be a game where we can find out about Troy and actually use him as a hero. How he meets Colton, his betrayal of Gaian to defect to Kooluk. Think it could happen? Hopefully, lots of speculation here will stipulate very lively discussion :)

I think it'd be a good thing to use Troy, I mean, he is a young, attractive man who has a famous reputation, even greatly named "Sun of the Sea God".
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

well its possible that a suiko 4 gaiden would be made and troy could be the hero....but even if that happened it would only be a japan exclusive

I would love to learn more about troy and why he is called"the child of the sea god" but unfortunatley we probably will never see him again
pesmerga786

Post by pesmerga786 »

Suikoden 4 had alot of characters that they tried to make important but are irrelevant to the whole story of suikoden. for example victor played a huge part in suikoden 1 and 2. troy was just made with not much information on him. Im not sure where konami will go after suikoden 5. They could make another game taking place after suikoden 4 and giving more information on the characters.
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

What you want is just simple wishing. It's highly unlikely, just as unlikely as everyone saying how Dzerassa/Zelase was somehow related to Troy.
I hope everything is going delicious.
Sigurd

Post by Sigurd »

Angelis_Taleria wrote:What you want is just simple wishing. It's highly unlikely, just as unlikely as everyone saying how Dzerassa/Zelase was somehow related to Troy.
Mmhmm... which is what all people do on forums. Speculation involves simple wishing.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Sigurd wrote:
Angelis_Taleria wrote:What you want is just simple wishing. It's highly unlikely, just as unlikely as everyone saying how Dzerassa/Zelase was somehow related to Troy.
Mmhmm... which is what all people do on forums. Speculation involves simple wishing.
No, speculation involves analyzing all known facts and coming up with a reasonable prediction. Simple wishing is just wishing without regard to facts.
Sigurd

Post by Sigurd »

Yes - dictionary.com

6 entries found for speculation.
spec·u·la·tion Audio pronunciation of "speculation" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (spky-lshn)
n.

1. Contemplation or consideration of a subject; meditation.
2. A conclusion, opinion, or theory reached by conjecture.
3. Reasoning based on inconclusive evidence; conjecture or supposition.

Inconclusive evidence is not true, not factual or not canon. So, how can you say no one else in this forum is simple wishing?
Besides, mentioning why it would be a good idea to make a game about Troy is what I did, hence, mentioning about his background as a Knight of Gaien before becoming apart of Kooluk as a general.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

You might want to look up inconclusive evidence while you're at it, you seem to have a misconception about that too.
Lemmy Claypool

Re: Suikoden: Legend of Troy?

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

[spoiler]
Sigurd wrote:I was't sure where to post this, but perhaps in the future, there may be a game where we can find out about Troy and actually use him as a hero. How he meets Colton, his betrayal of Gaian to defect to Kooluk. Think it could happen? Hopefully, lots of speculation here will stipulate very lively discussion :)

I think it'd be a good thing to use Troy, I mean, he is a young, attractive man who has a famous reputation, even greatly named "Sun of the Sea God".
And may I just thank you for that wonderful unmarked spoiler about Troy's defection. You have to bear in mind that Tactics has only been out here for two days, and other European countries still have a couple more weeks to wait for it.[/spoiler]
Last edited by Lemmy Claypool on Sun Feb 26, 2006 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Night

Post by Night »

To be fair, I rather think that is what this section of the forum is for. Speculation about a game or gaiden around Troy is as much justified as in any topic about wishing to see the Highland Rebellion or the Succession War. It is "Future Suikoden Speculation" and it is also "unlikely" :wink:

[spoiler]Although, when do we find out that Troy defected from Gaian?[/spoiler]
Ice has formed and there's snow between the tracks/ And I have seen the surface tear and I can't look back/ And cool low sun has blinded you for days from horizon to horizon can I dream this all away
Sigurd

Post by Sigurd »

Well, the defection is sorta stipulated in IV. That's where I got it from. Hint: Commander Glen's speech?
Oh, and I AM in Europe and I don't have tactics. But I'm glad you thanked me for it.

You might want to look up inconclusive evidence while you're at it, you seem to have a misconception about that too.
You might want to learn about reading a user's post before going out with all guns blazing on trying to be right.
Besides, this is about speculation of a possible game - not an English lesson.
I might look it up, but that would only make me more right *shrugs* :roll:
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

Ah, then I apologise. I never picked up on any hint of defection myself, though.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

yea neither did I, guess I have a reason to play 4 again
Sigurd

Post by Sigurd »

Lemmy Claypool wrote:Ah, then I apologise. I never picked up on any hint of defection myself, though.
That's ok. What made me think it was because Glen said "...I want nothing like this to happen again". Why would he say that for just being defeated by a general? He says other things to, I just quoted the part that was highlighted.
I never knew this was a spoiler, honestly, and that it is mentioned in Tactics.
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

And don't know whether it is mentioned in Tactics or not lol, I'm not very far into the game yet. I just assumed that's where you were getting it from since I never noticed anything about it in Suikoden IV.