Succession War game

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
Chris_Lightfellow

Succession War game

Post by Chris_Lightfellow »

I think that Konami should make a game that takes place during the Succession War. It would be nice to see how it all happened and maybe we could see how Barbarosa met Windy since Claudia died during the war. We could see Georg in action and how the Kalekka Tragedy happened.
And if I saw you dancing, I would spin you around, spin you around, turn your world upside down

Not sure about something? Check the board rules!
Relisus

Post by Relisus »

I definetely see this a valid possibility for a future game. Whether it is a traditional suikoden or a tactics style I don't know. I also believe that if next game is a prequel it should be the Succession War.
You ever wanna talk Suikoden feel free to IM anytime.
Buff

Post by Buff »

i hope some thing like that happens,just mainly so i can see more on the kalekka incident.
pesmerga786

Post by pesmerga786 »

Buff wrote:i hope some thing like that happens,just mainly so i can see more on the kalekka incident.
Yeah that is what i was thinking. That must have been some crazy stuff.
We would also be able to see Teo Mcdhol and his family (wife and son) and all the generals. That would be pretty cool. They should make a game on that. A deeper story about Windy and how she got into the empire would be very informative also.
Buff

Post by Buff »

it had to be crazy for the effects it did on humphrey and mathiu.
Piercezoner

Post by Piercezoner »

I would love a suikoden game set in the Succesion War. I if it were made, i would think it would likely be either a Suikogaiden type game or a war tactics game
Mad Prince of Highland

Post by Mad Prince of Highland »

I have always wondered why everyone will not speak of the famous Kalekka Incident. it must of been pretty horrible, killing women and children no doubt. (Though Luca Blight killed a bunch of them as well)
"Fear is a stupid emotion."
pesmerga786

Post by pesmerga786 »

Hopefully konami has considered or is on board on making a suikoden during the succession war. that would be so cool to see humphrey and all them in action with barbousa
Mad Prince of Highland

pesmerga786 wrote:Hopefully konami has considered or is on board on making a suikoden during the succession war. that would be so cool to see humphrey and all them in action with barbousa
Indeed, lets find out why they all respected and see why they named those six, the great generals. The golden Emperor in action!
Silver Dragon Flik

Post by Silver Dragon Flik »

It would be great but I doubt it will become a game.
Leon Silverberg

Post by Leon Silverberg »

pesmerga786 wrote:Hopefully konami has considered or is on board on making a suikoden during the succession war. that would be so cool to see humphrey and all them in action with barbousa
yes, in 3d :D that would kick ass

a very good idea for another gaiden in rhapsodia/tactics style

and it would be possible from the timeline.

1. Rhapsodia/Tactics

then they should do the second Tactics-Game with the plot of the Sucession War after that they should do one with the Higheast Rebellion
pesmerga786

Post by pesmerga786 »

Is there someway we can form a petition to make a game like that but then again konami has to keep on track to keep the story rolling with the runes and all. they could make one of the stories about the soveriegn rune. Legend of dragoon fans made a petition and many people signed it but a part 2 was never made, even though 1 was a great game....
Mad Prince of Highland

except for the ending cg.
MrTomJoad

Post by MrTomJoad »

It probably won't happen.

If you notice every Suikoden takes place after a war. It sort of sets up for what actually happens in the game.
S1 was after the Succession war.
S2 was after a City-State/Highland war(does it have a name?)
S3 was after a war with the Grasslands and Zexen

I don't really remember S4 that well but I seem to remember this happening in it too. I have always wished I could play in the previous war that they talk about, but I doubt it would ever happen as it would take away from the mystery of it.

Also on the Legend of Dragoon sequel. I loved that game but I heard a rumor that a sequel was started on and then halted because some info was leaked on it and fans thought it sounded so bad that they just scraped the game. Its probably just a rumor, but I remember hearing about a martial arts using Kongol as the main character.
Leon Silverberg

Post by Leon Silverberg »

You're right but often there were years between the wars/games.. like in suikoden 3.. The Fire Bringer Wars were 50 years before Suikoden 3.

In Suikoden 4 the Kooluk attack the island nations a few years ago..

In Suikoden 5 the Kingdom of Armes was established 8 years before the game..

In Suiko 1 the succession wars we're also a few years before Suiko 1