Succession War game

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

For Suikoden IV, it was the Kooluk-Gaien war. The one that enabled Middleport to declare independence from the Dukedom.
Leon Silverberg

Post by Leon Silverberg »

patapi wrote:For Suikoden IV, it was the Kooluk-Gaien war. The one that enabled Middleport to declare independence from the Dukedom.
ah right i forgot that detail. fact is that suikoden plots usually start in lands where there were wars in the past. that is a condition for a game like suikoden, without the wars there wouldn't be so much dramatic elements in it, and who could be the evil villain? a pink 12 ft. high axe-throwing rabbit? hehehe
pesmerga786

Post by pesmerga786 »

MrTomJoad wrote:It probably won't happen.

If you notice every Suikoden takes place after a war. It sort of sets up for what actually happens in the game.
S1 was after the Succession war.
S2 was after a City-State/Highland war(does it have a name?)
S3 was after a war with the Grasslands and Zexen

I don't really remember S4 that well but I seem to remember this happening in it too. I have always wished I could play in the previous war that they talk about, but I doubt it would ever happen as it would take away from the mystery of it.

Also on the Legend of Dragoon sequel. I loved that game but I heard a rumor that a sequel was started on and then halted because some info was leaked on it and fans thought it sounded so bad that they just scraped the game. Its probably just a rumor, but I remember hearing about a martial arts using Kongol as the main character.
suikoden 4 wasnt after any war if i remember right. About the sequel to LoD, Kongol as a main character would be bad :? but they should really make a sequel, they would make bank
Nemesis

Post by Nemesis »

yes indeed, I would like to see how it all happened also.. If they do make the War of Succession, I hope TEO is the main characteR! He looks kind of cool..
Nick Bruiser
pesmerga786

Post by pesmerga786 »

Nemesis wrote:yes indeed, I would like to see how it all happened also.. If they do make the War of Succession, I hope TEO is the main characteR! He looks kind of cool..
Teo is cool and I always wanted to know more about him, i saw a picture of him online a nd his sword look kick-ass
Leon Silverberg

Post by Leon Silverberg »

pesmerga786 wrote: suikoden 4 wasnt after any war if i remember right.
wrong, it was after the Kooluk/Gaien War.
Without this war, middleport wouldn't be independent from the island nations
Falenan_descent

Post by Falenan_descent »

For some reason I could see Barbarossa as the main character for that possible scenario. Barbarossa could be a Tenkai.
Pollensalta

Post by Pollensalta »

Problem is that we already know the outcome of this war and the gist of what happened in it. The events the games were based on were things we didn't know that much about before. But we already know a lot about the Succession War.
Purr.
Darkillumina

Post by Darkillumina »

As a console Suikoden no, I don't think it is neccessary to depict the Succession War. We all basically know the basic outcome of the war and it would be a waste to take development time away from a truly new Suikoden.

Of course if Konami and Sony actually have some brains they will create a seperate bunch of stories on PSP or hell even Nintendo can get in on the action and handheld Suikodens can be made. These handheld Suikos could deal with such issues as the Succession War and the First Firebringer war. Nintendo does this a lot with many games for the GBA and DS and the PSP would really benefit from initiatives such as these. The new Suikoden's could still be made for the consoles but the handhelds would get some love too. The force knows that the PSP needs some loving.
Beware my power, because my might may not be on the side of right.
jonathan_priest

Re:

Post by jonathan_priest »

Pollensalta wrote:Problem is that we already know the outcome of this war and the gist of what happened in it. The events the games were based on were things we didn't know that much about before. But we already know a lot about the Succession War.
I agree. No reason to reveal all the secrets of the Suikoden world. If we're talking about the War of Succession, why not the High East Rebellion? Besides, not sure how mysterious the game could possibly be when you know Barbarosa won the war and died 7-8 years after.

Now the war I would want to see would be when Scarlet Moon fought for their independence from Harmonia. Hell, imagine Cliff the Crusader going one on one with Hikusaak, that would be something to watch.
"It doesn't matter if the glass is half empty or half full...what matters is the glass."
mhatter106

Re: Succession War game

Post by mhatter106 »

Darkillumina wrote:Of course if Konami and Sony actually have some brains they will create a seperate bunch of stories on PSP or hell even Nintendo can get in on the action and handheld Suikodens can be made.
IMO, It really does seem like a smart move for Konami to go this way.

1. Handheld systems now outsell home consoles
2. Suikoden doesn't really need to rely heavily on overpowering graphics which would need a next-gen home console
3. The niche is open. I can't really think of a dominating classic RPG series for handhelds since the GoldenSun series, and that series' development seems to be in limbo-land (I guess similar to Suikoden currently)
Nemesis

Post by Nemesis »

Thogth I am a bit confuse, I would like to see this war myself. Teo and the other 5 generals with Barbarosa. I want to see what they meant in GS1 about Barbarosa "being a wnoderful man 7 years ago and now is not a great king as before." Also, like someone stated, to know more about Teo, and see that Kalekka incident. But... isn't GS5 after the war of Succession? or am I wrong about this? I look at the timeline but got a little confused.
Nick Bruiser
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Suikoden V took place after the Succession War.

Commenting on the High East Rebellion: it's definitely nowhere near as interesting as Barbarossa's struggle to reclaim his right as the Imperial heir. For starters, the High East rebels lost.

Or, maybe it'd be fun playing a game where the best ending is a complete suppression?
sunstar25

Post by sunstar25 »

It would be nice to see a game around the War of Succession. Defintitely would like to see the conflict between Geil and Barbarosa. Georg did state that he was involved in this conflict. Maybe something did happen that made Georg leave Barbarosa's services for Ferid's.

I would prefer to see a Succession War game regarding the Falenan Succession Conflict and the Armes Invasion with Ferid as the main character. But I agree that Konami should devote it's resources to the next installment of the series.
Tsubaki

Post by Tsubaki »

I would love ta see the succession war made into a game it would make a really good suikoden :)
we could re visit the toran republic and all those old places and characters in really good 3d graphics it would be soo cool... but i dont think it should be a tactics game because i like tactics games like final fantasy tactics and vandel hearts but i found suikoden tactics really boring, and for all the people saying that it should be made into a gaiden... why it has the potential for a real game and have any of you ever played any suikoden gaidens because if you had you would notice that they are in japaneese because they were they wernt released in the uk or the states so making it a gaiden... they may as well not even make it....

I think that it has enough characters in it already and by adding only a few more it would easily have 108 stars, and the story is already there so i cant see why they wouldnt do anything with it so as all we have to do is wait. ;)

Sorry bout the crappy spellin.

:mrgreen:
When its all said and done im feeling like the milkmans son!