Do you think they will remake GS1??

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
Nemesis

Do you think they will remake GS1??

Post by Nemesis »

I'm just curious if they will or not. I mean GS1 is my favorite one and the story line is pretty good. Maybe remaking it with better graphic will change the spectation for a lot of people :D
Nick Bruiser
Relisus

Post by Relisus »

I don't know about a full remake but I know they are rereleasing Suikoden and Suikoden II on PSP. Not sure if they are adding anything new to the games or not. Also not even sure if it will ever make it over to America :(. As of right now it isn't scheduled for a US release.

But if you want more info on that go to this thread

http://www.suikosource.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=4487
You ever wanna talk Suikoden feel free to IM anytime.
The Coven Mistress

Post by The Coven Mistress »

I really would hope so. But I'd rather have a remake on the PS2, because I can't afford a PSP anytime soon.
warmaster670

Post by warmaster670 »

as much as id like that, i thik id rather them not, just in case tehy screw it up in teh transition. unless you meant a direct port like the final fantasys got
dragonmasterx
Elite Member

Post by dragonmasterx »

Maybe remaking it with better graphic will change the spectation for a lot of people Very Happy

The battle graphics in the Simplified Chinese PC version looked much better to me, compared to the PS1 version.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

I agree. Most games that came out on PC as well as consoles often look better on PC due to its higher specs.
amelia108

Post by amelia108 »

hearing about wild arms alter code f for the first time i thought "why are they remaking this game?"

suikoden i is my favorite of the series and i would like to see all those characters in 3d. its highly unlikely now that they're porting them on psp though.
pesmerga786

Post by pesmerga786 »

I would love that. Seeing all the characters and places in much more detailed graphics would be really cool and they can always add even more depth and throw in some extra scenes here and there with extra bonuses
Buff

Post by Buff »

i've been wanting them to remake one with the new age graphics for so long.i highly doubt they would do it though.but we can always wish.
Mad Prince of Highland

Post by Mad Prince of Highland »

I agree with Buff completely. It would be nice, but not likely. The closest thing we could get would be the psp version.
"Fear is a stupid emotion."
Leon Silverberg

Re: ...

Post by Leon Silverberg »

amelia108 wrote:hearing about wild arms alter code f for the first time i thought "why are they remaking this game?"

suikoden i is my favorite of the series and i would like to see all those characters in 3d. its highly unlikely now that they're porting them on psp though.
hmm wouldn't say that.. Capcom released a "complete" Remake on Nintendo's GameCube and now they release a Remake that is nearly a direct port with some new features for Nintendo DS..

But i doubt they will make that too.. Not know..they will first look what the ps3 will be able to.. i would like to see all suikoden 1 locations and characters in 3d, that would be awesome!
MrTomJoad

Post by MrTomJoad »

I would love to see a remake of the saturn version with graphics like S2.
Leon Silverberg

Post by Leon Silverberg »

when they would do a remake, they should do it in 3d, in the graphics of suiko5..because that is hold very close to the psx games, from the view/camera style
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

Leon Silverberg wrote:when they would do a remake, they should do it in 3d, in the graphics of suiko5..because that is hold very close to the psx games, from the view/camera style
That would be a waste of time and money when they could be working on the next incarnation of the series. There's no need to go back and put all of that time in effort into a project like that when everyone would be satisfied by a simple re-release a la Suikoden I&II for the PSP.
I hope everything is going delicious.
Ranarldo

Post by Ranarldo »

dont think of it just as a waste of time, but to a tribute to a great game. That is why final fantasy did what they did. It is for the fans that have supported them throughout the whole series.
"I find my peace in the eye of the storm"