Suikoden movie

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
Humphrey

Suikoden movie

Post by Humphrey »

i think they should make a suikoden movie with acters and actresses just to see what it would be like ......maybe it would be about yuber vs. pesmerga..............lol j/k........but it could be about the flame champion or something .......the succsion war my idea is not that good but it would be a cool movie .....not with 108 SoD but with main characters
ShardStar

Post by ShardStar »

I honestly don't think a movie could capture what happens in a game of Suikoden's calibur, 2-1/2 hours to tell the tale of just one of the sweeping epics? Nah leave them in video game format. Besides I am sure that we will be getting some really nice CGI cut scenes on the Next Gen Suikoden games, so it will be like a movie anyhow. *g*
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

The last thing we need is Suikoden pulling a final fantasy 7.

ZOMG! Oh noez! Sephiroth stole t3h true materia rune. Riou, u must find t3h Pesmerga!!!111oneonone!!! so he can lay t3h smackdown wit omislash!

Anyone else just shudder?
I hope everything is going delicious.
pesmerga786

Post by pesmerga786 »

If suikoden was made into a movie i think people who didn't play the game would be easily lost haha. A suikoden movie would be a horrible idea. They would have to find 108 SoDs actor-actresses and also the villians. Even if the movie doesnt show all SoDs the movie wont be able to sum up what really happened. Off topic... has anyone seen the movie
the 10th kingdom. its like 10 hours long and it is a really good and funny movie
ShardStar

Post by ShardStar »

Yes I have seen that! It was a mini-series and my wife introduced me to it. It was nice to see John Larequtte play a non-sleezy role *g*
Humphrey

Post by Humphrey »

pesmerga786 wrote:hey would have to find 108 SoDs actor-actresses and also the villians. Even if the movie doesnt show all SoDs the movie wont be able to sum up what really happened..............................they woulden t need to have 108 acter actresses just main poeple
Raftrider

Post by Raftrider »

Nah, I think that'd be a bad idea. All the movies I've seen based on video games or anime based on video games suck more than Rina (OH! Burn! SSST!). I rather not have Konami transform Suikoden into Final Fantasy.
Humphrey

Post by Humphrey »

i dident say the idea is good im saying it would be acool movie
Futagi

Post by Futagi »

Actually, there IS a Suikoden movie but it's based off the original story, not the video games. And indeed, it was pretty hard to keep track of who was who. They introduced you to about 40 characters at the beginning of the movie, only which about 7-10 would really be used for the chapter of the story they were telling.
Hello Suikoden-type people:D
Humphrey

Post by Humphrey »

cool i guess i can go and look for it
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Depending on where this movie is drawing from, you may not even see any similarities between Suikoden Demon Century and the video game series Suikoden. It may not even be worth it.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

there's no way futagi can be talking about demon century, they dont show you 40 something characters in the beggining
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

My mistake. The statement about vague similarities still holds true though.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

yes, the monk with all the beads seems to look very simmilar to fukien from suikoden 1 and he seems to know everything about the 108 sod, just like fukien
Fu Su Lu

Post by Fu Su Lu »

A ...film?

I still shiver and tremble with horror when I remember some video games that became films. Anybody remember Street Fighter? brrrr...