If Ever we CAN import SIII Save data

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
Hawksaber

Post by Hawksaber »

Yeah, they probably will love it. Although, I'm willing to bet the majority of Suikoden gamers trashed their SIII data ages ago.

I still have my Luc chapter tucked away incase we ever do get the opportunity to load SIII data.
ShardStar

Post by ShardStar »

I figured some might have kept theres, I know I have my Luc and Chris as FC end saves. I was even working on a Hugo as FC save. I don't think it's such a bad idea though I know they could probably answer the FC question the way they did with KotoR II through character dialogue.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

If they ever did it would never be for anything as important as returning character unlockables, it'd have to be for something like the extra plays you got in Suikoden III, something minor, just becuase it'd be hard to find such saves.
Basel

Post by Basel »

Not to forget how difficult and complex it would be to develop a sequel that can handle the three scenarios for your choice of the FC. Even if the Blu-Ray can afford such a large volume, it will take a long time for Konami to develop such a game.

As Oppenheimer said, load data from Suikoden III would have to be for something minor. I don't know but I have got a feeling that the sequel for Suikoden III would take place 30-50 years after the second fire bringer war. Also, Konami might consider some plans to release some Suikogaidens after Suikoden V before the next Suikoden :roll:.
"The real issue is not TALENT as an independent element, but talent in relationship to WILL, DESIRE, AND PERSISTENCE. Talent without these things VANISHES and even modest talent with those characteristics GROWS..." -Milton Glaser
amelia108

Post by amelia108 »

Basel wrote:I don't know but I have got a feeling that the sequel for Suikoden III would take place 30-50 years after the second fire bringer
i agree. or atleast 15 and over. i think it will be somewhat like how iii had a passing interest with ii. i'd say they'll merely mention "the second flame champion" without their actual name in an Old Book or just in little bits of dialog.
Leon Silverberg

Post by Leon Silverberg »

There won't be a use for a Suiko3 Savegame in a next installment..
Not when it will be released and the ps3..and it sure will.

Konami will not build in such a function when it will be so difficult to get savegames from a ps2 memcard to a ps3 stick...
Sure there might be a way through an usb stick..like the one handed out with the action replay version xyz.. but not everyne has such a thing and so they probably won't do that...

maybe they build in such a feature in the psp ports of 1&2..
But i'm sure they won't make it possible to transfer that into a ps3 suiko-game.. i know that it would be cool but we have to realize the sad truth..