Suikoden MMORPG

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
User avatar
EternalOnslaught
Posts: 474
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2007 5:12 pm
Location: . . .

Postby EternalOnslaught » Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:29 am

I'm actually starting to like this ideal, having a character that's a Duck, Kobold, Dwarf, Elf, Lizards etc. Also...say that you can also pick the Sindar race? Maybe as a secret for acheving something or whatever.
Sandalphon - Senso Suikoden

Maskedman
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu May 03, 2007 6:38 am

Postby Maskedman » Thu May 03, 2007 4:33 pm

The Sindar are the mysterious of the Suikoverse. Thus I do not believe it would exist as a race to choose. And coming from what you said it seems more like a single player option. "Clear the game in a special way".

Hello by the way, new member.

I have a say in this too. For starters, Suikoden would be a very hard game to make into online. There are so many factors.

I read the first posts and saw someone writing "patches and updates" to make the world more interactive. It sounds cool. Highly time consuming for Konami though.

I actually had some ideas which I thought were cool...

1. You create a custom character, get to choose a weapon and then you get a random star. There would be 108 playable characters on every server. Perhaps making some sort of new "Guild Wars" or something (So that we do not need to pay every month :p) and then you can play in that server. You are part of a castle which you can upgrade yourself, help others to upgrade it and so on and on.

Perhaps you aren't even IN the special army yet. You start off somewhere and then as you progress through the story the closer you get to the castle. The first one that gets to the castle would become the "semi" leader of it and as that character recruits more people all around the server the castle grows. Or perhaps be a lone wolf, do everything on your own and perhaps help a few people on the road as you meet them. Perhaps become an enemy of the "Liberation Army".

Perhaps there could be server battles, one set of 108 stars fighting another set of 108 stars. A tournament or a big slaughter. Or perhaps a tournament of Duels ^^

2. Create your own castle, create your own character etc. etc. And the castle would only be accessible through your Online Profile or something (Because if many people would play this there can't be 2000 castles around the world). Doing some missions or quests you find more and more assets to your castle. Unique stars for every player. You could be able to get cloths for yourself, for your other unique stars. Customize the castle and stylish it in your own way. Use the detective to check other peoples castles and stuff like that.

2+ Just like the 2nd but with another thing. Be able to write up your own stories and stuff for your stars, where they came from, what they are doing now etc. etc. Of course there would be a form for this so that one doesn't write whatever. I think that would be fun, then people can check your stars and you can check theirs. And some interactive stuff could be happening as well. Perhaps become king over Highlands, become evil or good. Start fighting with other people, strategic combat as well as duels and stuff. Schweeeet ^^

User avatar
EternalOnslaught
Posts: 474
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2007 5:12 pm
Location: . . .

Re: Suikoden MMORPG

Postby EternalOnslaught » Sat Jun 09, 2007 4:05 pm

I've been gone for a long time, I actually thought it over a little bit. As some MMORPG do, they could release expansions for it, that have new races included and new bonus material, like exploring more lands or perhaps a different dimension.
Sandalphon - Senso Suikoden

Sniper_Zegai
Posts: 423
Joined: Thu Jan 18, 2007 5:41 pm
Location: Leeds, England, UK

Re: Suikoden MMORPG

Postby Sniper_Zegai » Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:05 am

I think Suikoden would make an awesome RPG, mainly becuase of the insane amount of returning NPC's that would be able to show up. It would be awesome if you could have duels and party battle as well as war battles with dozens of players and even more NPC's to give it that battle feel. But then again I dont know. If it ever did happen I would buy it in a heart beat even if I did'nt think it was a good idea. But I dont think it will ever come to fruition.
PSX Emulator Questions are here, if you have problems. Ask and hopefully I can help. Formerly known as Seifer by the way.

User avatar
God of War
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2007 4:58 pm

Re: Suikoden MMORPG

Postby God of War » Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:02 pm

Hi everyone, I'm a new member but please bear with me since this might be a long post. I've read all 7 pages, and I should say that I am quite impressed with all the ideas that are being suggested. Who knows, Konami employees may be reading this and may take bit and pieces of our ideas and implement them someday.

I think it's feasible to make an mmo out of the Suikoden universe. In my opinion however, it doesn't need to be highly complex for the game to be successful. Some of the better mmos I've played have relatively simplistic gameplays but what pulls them together is the community itself. So, the success of the game will depend on us, the players that comprise the community and how engaged we are in it. But of course, the community can only do so much. The developers also have to do their share in providing us with a quality game and up to date patches for bug fixes and expansions. Consequently important is the publishers and service providers. They definitely have to have fast and
reliable servers and a great staff (GM teams and whatnot) who are really dedicated to their job, and are very much involved with players. When I say involved, what I mean is that it is imperative that they interact with players on a regular basis (if not everyday).

Without further ado, let me make some of my own suggestions.

1.) Character Customization:

a.) Customizable features -
From the character creation screen, we will first be given the option to choose our avatar's name, gender, looks, etc...

b.) Race
i.) Humans - average/ balanced stats
ii.) Elves - higher dexterity, agility, speed, etc...
- lower str, def, atk etc...
iii.) Dwarves - higher hp, def, crafting/ forge bonus
- lower magic def, dex, agility, speed
iv.) Kobolds - higher hp, atk, technique, and whatever
- lower def, atk, blabla
and so on and so on... you get the point...

Anyway, I think there's no need to for them to come up with all the usable races on the get-go. Instead, I think it would be better if they did it incrementally through updates and patches. Also, maybe they could include additional races only after it has appeared in the traditional Suikoden console rpg (like maybe Yuber's race after we finally see it in an actual Suikoden game).

c.) Jobs

i.) Brawler - uses fists and martial arts (like Pahn or Shoon...)
ii.) Knight - tanks of the party
iii.) Swordsman - melee dps (opposite of knight)
iv.) Wizard - branches out to either nuker (area of effect spell caster) or heavy single
target damage dealer
v.) Archer - ranged dps
vi.) Priest/ Cleric - healer and buffer (support spell caster) of the party.
vii.) Doctor - Alternative to priest cleric. Instead of using runes to heal people, they
use potions and first aid knowledge. More useful in healing mass amounts
of people in war.
- Can concoct potions given some materials.
viii.) Forge - Strengthens weapons given certain materials (also gains experience when
forging weapons)
- Crafts armors given certain materials (also gains experience)
- they can ask for monetary compensation when crafting or forging
ix.) Merchant - can buy lower and sell higher. They are definitely useful in obtaining the
necessary provisions in war. (discounts would depend on skill level)
- can appraise unidentified treasures (What they can appraise is
determined by skill level. For example, treasures may be divided by color
according to rarity. The higher the appraising skill level will enable the
merchant to appraise stronger and unique treasures.)
x.) Thief - dagger/ katar wielding melee fighter. Their special skill includes increasing
the chance of good drops
xi.) Treasure Hunter - kind of like Zweig, Killey (Although their may be crimson pilgrim
job option once we get to know more about them), and Lorelai.
They lead expeditions on Sindar ruins. This could be a hybrid
fighter mage character.

*Special jobs* (have to be part of a certain order or clan or whatnot)

xii.) Gunner - like archer with stronger atk and less def (Has to be a member of the
Howling Voice Guild)
xiii.) Dragon knight - has a pet dragon as a mount and can fly (must be a native of the
Toran Republic, must train in the dragon knights den, and must
find a dragon egg as a quest)
xiv.) Dragon Cavalry - has a dragon horse as a mount (must be a native of Falena and
train in Gordius or whatever)
xv.) Ninja - Swift and deadly, can serve as ranged or melee dps since they have fast
attacks and or maybe high crit ratios, high evasion. Also, only they have the
special skill that enables them to infiltrate enemy territory (i don't know...
maybe by appearing invisible to enemies while in enemy territory) to know
their plans. Kind of like a spy... lol... for players who want to play James
Bond to help tactians anticipate the enemy's next move and formulate good
strategies.

and so on and so on... many more jobs can be added on the succeeding patches.

Everyone first starts of as a civilian. Then maybe after being a little bit more familiar with the world, and the situation at hand. They can then change job at let's say level 10. After attaining a certain level, you can once again advance your job to unlock stronger skills and get higher stat bonuses. For example, a level 10 knight would start out as a knight trainee then when he reaches level 30 he can advance to a full fledged knight, then at level 50 a knight first class, and so on and so forth. Job advancement may also allow the player to name 1 weapon and signify a forge to be able to upgrade their weapons past a certain level. And maybe higher level jobs are needed in order to attach higher level runes like thunder rune for instance. Of course you'd have to do a quest to obtain this and there may be other prerequisites like successfully defend a fort under siege 30 times in war.

d.) Hobbies
Everyone is entitled to one hobby in order to have people interact with each other more. Hobbies have different skill points associated to them depending on the amount of time one spends doing it. Think of a hobby as kind of like doing minigames in suikoden. When you click on it, it brings you into a whole new interface and play a game in relation of the hobby. If you want to change hobbies, maybe you can talk to an npc in charge of it.

i.) Fishing - you can get fish to sell at npcs or have someone with the cooking hobby
cook it for you.
ii.) Mining - you can get ores used for forging weapons and armors
iii.) Digging - dig for buried treasure?
iv.) Cooking - cooks fish obtained from fishing and crops from farming.
v.) Farming - plants and harvests crops (harvesting phase may trigger the minigame)

etc...

e.) Skill
Each job has skills that complement their profession. For example, knights may have passive skills to increase defense permanently. Wizards may have passive skills to increase mp and mp regeneration. They may also have passive skills to increase the effect of magic attacks. Well, you get point...

f.) Weapons
I think there shouldn't be any restrictions here so as to give people the freedom to experiment on various builds and stuff. You'd then see mage fighter hybrids (mage wielding swords) and knights with axes, etc... Of course these hybrids won't be able to fully utilize the the perks of their given job as opposed to the specialized characters. You may buy or pick up weapons and have it forged.
With regards to forging, I believe that we would need certain items in order to upgrade our weapons past a certain level. The higher the level of our weapon, the rarer the materials needed. Also, maybe in to tie in the job system with this, maybe to upgrade a weapon past a certain level, we would need to have proof of high level job advancement (like proof of first class knight).

g.) Affiliation Systems
i.). Nation's Affiliation - Toran, Dunan, etc... can expand to more nations in succeeding
patches
ii). Guild Affiliation - (Matilda Knights, etc...) depends on the nation
you're currently affiliated to. You can also be affiliated to
mercenaries, bandits, or pirates if you want to. Guild affiliation
offers some kind of bonus like higher attack or defense or in some
cases that is the only way to obtain a certain job (Dragon Knights,
etc...).
iii.) Clan (Family) Affiliation - Great service to the nation can yield one a family name
(maybe given by a GM or something). The one given the
family name can then invite other people to be part of his
family/clan.

2.) Stars of Destiny System
This is the tricky part. I'm thinking the way this could work is to maybe have 108 SODs for the different nations. The tenkai star of each nation will be a staff member who's sole purpose is to oversee the building of his army. The tenkai would also have some true rune or special rune at their disposal during war. It is each tenkai's job to hire 107 other SODs that have differing roles to help strengthen their army. They however, have the leeway to choose who they recruit. For example, a tenkai may choose to have an all merchant cast but this army would less likely win the war. A good tenkai, on the other hand, may recruit at least one official forge to strengthen the weapons, one crafter to make good armors, one merchant to get medicines and other provisions for the army, a good strategist, and warriors who can definitely hold their own in battle. Of course their is no guarantee that the tenkai's won't just fool around and keep recruiting level 1 noobs, but maybe the company can tie in commissions or bonuses with regards to the amount of territory they control.
The tenkai also has the responsibility to hire a good tactician. The tactician will be responsible for general strategy of the army: which fort to attack, how much troops to leave at a certain garrison, how much troops to bring on an attack, provisions (this determines the amount of time you have in order to get obtain a territory), which weapons to bring (fire spear, elemental immunity items, ballistas, rams, traps etc...). All these will be controlled by npcs and will move accordingly.
If you are part of a star of destiny of a given army, you can not venture into opposing army's territory. Thus, for some people who would like to explore the world, maybe they would want to forego being in an SOD for the meantime and simply just travel and explore the world of suikoden. For people who love the war experience, being part of the SOD is the perfect way to go since that is the only way you can engage in war battles.

3.) Battle Systems

a. PVM - normal system integral to most rpgs for quest and leveling... there's no need to
elaborate on this right?

b. PVP - Duels between players (maybe include a ladder system to see who's the best).
However, every so often, like every year for example, the whole suikoden
world holds an event where anyone can participate. The winner gains some
money, honor, glory, fame, and the whole deal... maybe a adding a rare item as
a bonus would be sweet :p

c. War - Nation vs Nation. I'm thinking more like dynasty warriors. It would be kind of like
a mix between PVM and PVP. Aside from you and the 108 SOD from your nation,
you'd have npcs joining along in the war. These army npcs would fight each
other and they would also try to kill you. Also, you'd have other players from the
opposing 108 SODs joining in. So you'd not only have to fight against npcs but
also other players as well. To attack a fort, the tenkai of an army has to notify
the tenkai of the other force, which is easy since they both work for the service
provider. Both armies have to agree on a set time and the tenkai of both armies
will open a said portal at that given time for both armies to battle.

All 108 stars don't necessarily have to be present but of course the more people
you have the better the chance of winning. Also, naturally, the defending team
will have the advantage (Achers on towers, etc...). If the defending army wins,
they get to keep the said territory, but if the opposing army wins they win the
territory. Each territory gives the army in charge of that territory money, and
would allow the players to explore that region.

4.) Meeting stars of destiny from previous suikoden games
Maybe we can meet up with stars of destiny from previous suikoden games. Like maybe when we apply for Matilda Knights, Camus and Miklotov will be the one instructing us on our quest. Also, maybe we can meet and fight with Lazlo or Tyr (just to test our skill) as a really difficult bonus boss character for players looking for a challenge.

5.) Runes and affiliations
Runes will determine what spells we can cast. The difference between runes and skills is that skills are passive and meant to complement our job type. Runes on the other hand are active. We need to cast a spell in order to get a desired effect. We will have three rune slots. Any player can equip any runes they want for example a knight can equip a fire rune. However, it would be best to stick to runes that complement our specific job type. For example, instead of equipping a fire rune, the knight may want to equip a knight rune, firefly rune, or shield rune to better complement his role as the tank of the party. There is absolutely no limit to the combination we can experiment on.
I think one guy mentioned affiliations earlier and I would just like to use his idea as well. I think affiliations would work well. We start of with F affiliations then as we level up, we'll gain affiliation points that we can freely distribute to upgrade our affiliations. Higher level runes like rage, for example, may need us to have an A affiliation or higher before we can attach it, along with the higher class job prerequisite.

I guess I should stop right now because I must be boring most of you... anyway, thanks for taking the time to read it.

User avatar
Red rune
Posts: 116
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:14 am
Location: Australia, QLD

Re: Suikoden MMORPG

Postby Red rune » Mon Sep 10, 2007 5:07 am

God of War wrote:Hi everyone, I'm a new member but please bear with me since this might be a long post. I've read all 7 pages, and I should say that I am quite impressed with all the ideas that are being suggested. Who knows, Konami employees may be reading this and may take bit and pieces of our ideas and implement them someday.

I think it's feasible to make an mmo out of the Suikoden universe. In my opinion however, it doesn't need to be highly complex for the game to be successful. Some of the better mmos I've played have relatively simplistic gameplays but what pulls them together is the community itself. So, the success of the game will depend on us, the players that comprise the community and how engaged we are in it. But of course, the community can only do so much. The developers also have to do their share in providing us with a quality game and up to date patches for bug fixes and expansions. Consequently important is the publishers and service providers. They definitely have to have fast and
reliable servers and a great staff (GM teams and whatnot) who are really dedicated to their job, and are very much involved with players. When I say involved, what I mean is that it is imperative that they interact with players on a regular basis (if not everyday).

Without further ado, let me make some of my own suggestions.

1.) Character Customization:

a.) Customizable features -
From the character creation screen, we will first be given the option to choose our avatar's name, gender, looks, etc...

b.) Race
i.) Humans - average/ balanced stats
ii.) Elves - higher dexterity, agility, speed, etc...
- lower str, def, atk etc...
iii.) Dwarves - higher hp, def, crafting/ forge bonus
- lower magic def, dex, agility, speed
iv.) Kobolds - higher hp, atk, technique, and whatever
- lower def, atk, blabla
and so on and so on... you get the point...

Anyway, I think there's no need to for them to come up with all the usable races on the get-go. Instead, I think it would be better if they did it incrementally through updates and patches. Also, maybe they could include additional races only after it has appeared in the traditional Suikoden console rpg (like maybe Yuber's race after we finally see it in an actual Suikoden game).

c.) Jobs

i.) Brawler - uses fists and martial arts (like Pahn or Shoon...)
ii.) Knight - tanks of the party
iii.) Swordsman - melee dps (opposite of knight)
iv.) Wizard - branches out to either nuker (area of effect spell caster) or heavy single
target damage dealer
v.) Archer - ranged dps
vi.) Priest/ Cleric - healer and buffer (support spell caster) of the party.
vii.) Doctor - Alternative to priest cleric. Instead of using runes to heal people, they
use potions and first aid knowledge. More useful in healing mass amounts
of people in war.
- Can concoct potions given some materials.
viii.) Forge - Strengthens weapons given certain materials (also gains experience when
forging weapons)
- Crafts armors given certain materials (also gains experience)
- they can ask for monetary compensation when crafting or forging
ix.) Merchant - can buy lower and sell higher. They are definitely useful in obtaining the
necessary provisions in war. (discounts would depend on skill level)
- can appraise unidentified treasures (What they can appraise is
determined by skill level. For example, treasures may be divided by color
according to rarity. The higher the appraising skill level will enable the
merchant to appraise stronger and unique treasures.)
x.) Thief - dagger/ katar wielding melee fighter. Their special skill includes increasing
the chance of good drops
xi.) Treasure Hunter - kind of like Zweig, Killey (Although their may be crimson pilgrim
job option once we get to know more about them), and Lorelai.
They lead expeditions on Sindar ruins. This could be a hybrid
fighter mage character.

*Special jobs* (have to be part of a certain order or clan or whatnot)

xii.) Gunner - like archer with stronger atk and less def (Has to be a member of the
Howling Voice Guild)
xiii.) Dragon knight - has a pet dragon as a mount and can fly (must be a native of the
Toran Republic, must train in the dragon knights den, and must
find a dragon egg as a quest)
xiv.) Dragon Cavalry - has a dragon horse as a mount (must be a native of Falena and
train in Gordius or whatever)
xv.) Ninja - Swift and deadly, can serve as ranged or melee dps since they have fast
attacks and or maybe high crit ratios, high evasion. Also, only they have the
special skill that enables them to infiltrate enemy territory (i don't know...
maybe by appearing invisible to enemies while in enemy territory) to know
their plans. Kind of like a spy... lol... for players who want to play James
Bond to help tactians anticipate the enemy's next move and formulate good
strategies.

and so on and so on... many more jobs can be added on the succeeding patches.

Everyone first starts of as a civilian. Then maybe after being a little bit more familiar with the world, and the situation at hand. They can then change job at let's say level 10. After attaining a certain level, you can once again advance your job to unlock stronger skills and get higher stat bonuses. For example, a level 10 knight would start out as a knight trainee then when he reaches level 30 he can advance to a full fledged knight, then at level 50 a knight first class, and so on and so forth. Job advancement may also allow the player to name 1 weapon and signify a forge to be able to upgrade their weapons past a certain level. And maybe higher level jobs are needed in order to attach higher level runes like thunder rune for instance. Of course you'd have to do a quest to obtain this and there may be other prerequisites like successfully defend a fort under siege 30 times in war.

d.) Hobbies
Everyone is entitled to one hobby in order to have people interact with each other more. Hobbies have different skill points associated to them depending on the amount of time one spends doing it. Think of a hobby as kind of like doing minigames in suikoden. When you click on it, it brings you into a whole new interface and play a game in relation of the hobby. If you want to change hobbies, maybe you can talk to an npc in charge of it.

i.) Fishing - you can get fish to sell at npcs or have someone with the cooking hobby
cook it for you.
ii.) Mining - you can get ores used for forging weapons and armors
iii.) Digging - dig for buried treasure?
iv.) Cooking - cooks fish obtained from fishing and crops from farming.
v.) Farming - plants and harvests crops (harvesting phase may trigger the minigame)

etc...

e.) Skill
Each job has skills that complement their profession. For example, knights may have passive skills to increase defense permanently. Wizards may have passive skills to increase mp and mp regeneration. They may also have passive skills to increase the effect of magic attacks. Well, you get point...

f.) Weapons
I think there shouldn't be any restrictions here so as to give people the freedom to experiment on various builds and stuff. You'd then see mage fighter hybrids (mage wielding swords) and knights with axes, etc... Of course these hybrids won't be able to fully utilize the the perks of their given job as opposed to the specialized characters. You may buy or pick up weapons and have it forged.
With regards to forging, I believe that we would need certain items in order to upgrade our weapons past a certain level. The higher the level of our weapon, the rarer the materials needed. Also, maybe in to tie in the job system with this, maybe to upgrade a weapon past a certain level, we would need to have proof of high level job advancement (like proof of first class knight).

g.) Affiliation Systems
i.). Nation's Affiliation - Toran, Dunan, etc... can expand to more nations in succeeding
patches
ii). Guild Affiliation - (Matilda Knights, etc...) depends on the nation
you're currently affiliated to. You can also be affiliated to
mercenaries, bandits, or pirates if you want to. Guild affiliation
offers some kind of bonus like higher attack or defense or in some
cases that is the only way to obtain a certain job (Dragon Knights,
etc...).
iii.) Clan (Family) Affiliation - Great service to the nation can yield one a family name
(maybe given by a GM or something). The one given the
family name can then invite other people to be part of his
family/clan.

2.) Stars of Destiny System
This is the tricky part. I'm thinking the way this could work is to maybe have 108 SODs for the different nations. The tenkai star of each nation will be a staff member who's sole purpose is to oversee the building of his army. The tenkai would also have some true rune or special rune at their disposal during war. It is each tenkai's job to hire 107 other SODs that have differing roles to help strengthen their army. They however, have the leeway to choose who they recruit. For example, a tenkai may choose to have an all merchant cast but this army would less likely win the war. A good tenkai, on the other hand, may recruit at least one official forge to strengthen the weapons, one crafter to make good armors, one merchant to get medicines and other provisions for the army, a good strategist, and warriors who can definitely hold their own in battle. Of course their is no guarantee that the tenkai's won't just fool around and keep recruiting level 1 noobs, but maybe the company can tie in commissions or bonuses with regards to the amount of territory they control.
The tenkai also has the responsibility to hire a good tactician. The tactician will be responsible for general strategy of the army: which fort to attack, how much troops to leave at a certain garrison, how much troops to bring on an attack, provisions (this determines the amount of time you have in order to get obtain a territory), which weapons to bring (fire spear, elemental immunity items, ballistas, rams, traps etc...). All these will be controlled by npcs and will move accordingly.
If you are part of a star of destiny of a given army, you can not venture into opposing army's territory. Thus, for some people who would like to explore the world, maybe they would want to forego being in an SOD for the meantime and simply just travel and explore the world of suikoden. For people who love the war experience, being part of the SOD is the perfect way to go since that is the only way you can engage in war battles.

3.) Battle Systems

a. PVM - normal system integral to most rpgs for quest and leveling... there's no need to
elaborate on this right?

b. PVP - Duels between players (maybe include a ladder system to see who's the best).
However, every so often, like every year for example, the whole suikoden
world holds an event where anyone can participate. The winner gains some
money, honor, glory, fame, and the whole deal... maybe a adding a rare item as
a bonus would be sweet :p

c. War - Nation vs Nation. I'm thinking more like dynasty warriors. It would be kind of like
a mix between PVM and PVP. Aside from you and the 108 SOD from your nation,
you'd have npcs joining along in the war. These army npcs would fight each
other and they would also try to kill you. Also, you'd have other players from the
opposing 108 SODs joining in. So you'd not only have to fight against npcs but
also other players as well. To attack a fort, the tenkai of an army has to notify
the tenkai of the other force, which is easy since they both work for the service
provider. Both armies have to agree on a set time and the tenkai of both armies
will open a said portal at that given time for both armies to battle.

All 108 stars don't necessarily have to be present but of course the more people
you have the better the chance of winning. Also, naturally, the defending team
will have the advantage (Achers on towers, etc...). If the defending army wins,
they get to keep the said territory, but if the opposing army wins they win the
territory. Each territory gives the army in charge of that territory money, and
would allow the players to explore that region.

4.) Meeting stars of destiny from previous suikoden games
Maybe we can meet up with stars of destiny from previous suikoden games. Like maybe when we apply for Matilda Knights, Camus and Miklotov will be the one instructing us on our quest. Also, maybe we can meet and fight with Lazlo or Tyr (just to test our skill) as a really difficult bonus boss character for players looking for a challenge.

5.) Runes and affiliations
Runes will determine what spells we can cast. The difference between runes and skills is that skills are passive and meant to complement our job type. Runes on the other hand are active. We need to cast a spell in order to get a desired effect. We will have three rune slots. Any player can equip any runes they want for example a knight can equip a fire rune. However, it would be best to stick to runes that complement our specific job type. For example, instead of equipping a fire rune, the knight may want to equip a knight rune, firefly rune, or shield rune to better complement his role as the tank of the party. There is absolutely no limit to the combination we can experiment on.
I think one guy mentioned affiliations earlier and I would just like to use his idea as well. I think affiliations would work well. We start of with F affiliations then as we level up, we'll gain affiliation points that we can freely distribute to upgrade our affiliations. Higher level runes like rage, for example, may need us to have an A affiliation or higher before we can attach it, along with the higher class job prerequisite.

I guess I should stop right now because I must be boring most of you... anyway, thanks for taking the time to read it.


God of war those are good ideas, at least now people wont fight for SoD status or being the tenkai star. I hope that they create cheat codes for this mmorpg like WoW (world of warcraft). If only konami would make this (sigh) if only... :(
I'm lvl 99! plus my lvl68 party members

User avatar
God of War
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2007 4:58 pm

Re: Suikoden MMORPG

Postby God of War » Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:09 pm

thanks red rune... well we can hope that someday they may be able to do this right? who knows they may really look into it... :) for now... i guess we should keep the ideas flowing :p

Riou

Re: Suikoden MMORPG

Postby Riou » Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:49 am

So many great ideas put forward by people. I only touched upon this a year or so ago. I would be very happy to see the day of an online release, this would really work for Konami in terms of income and If they took time and planned well it could become a decent rival to WoW. :) I'd say some people over at Konami have had suggestions of this but depends on how they think their business would do with an MMORPG.

User avatar
Mikain Clan King
Posts: 439
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:32 pm
Location: Playing games on my computer

Re: Suikoden MMORPG

Postby Mikain Clan King » Mon Mar 17, 2008 2:54 am

It'd combine the best types of games, Suikoden and MMORPGs...to much of a good thing is bad though.....but wouldn't it be awesome if they combined all the lands from every Suikoden game? From Harmonia to Gregminister all the way to where the last of the Sindar reside...but I like MMOs for the PvP, and Suikoden and PvP seem wierd together, other than just walking around exploring I don't see it :(
"The duel with Genkaku.... It continues here....."
-Han Cunningham

"This is your final test... Can you win this time, Riou?"
-Leon Silverburg

Prophet

Re: Suikoden MMORPG

Postby Prophet » Mon Mar 17, 2008 2:02 pm

Yup, seeing suikoden mmo would be very very nice... and the war battles would be like the one on Age of Conan Hyborian Adventures. Castles seiges, taking over a villages and much more. It would be fun.

Siel Avadon
Posts: 357
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2005 4:37 pm
Location: Malmö, Sweden

Re: Suikoden MMORPG

Postby Siel Avadon » Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:34 pm

I would gladly jump onto an RP server on an Suikoden MMORPG!
Jeane, The Marilyn Monroe of Suikoden.

User avatar
Mikain Clan King
Posts: 439
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:32 pm
Location: Playing games on my computer

Re: Suikoden MMORPG

Postby Mikain Clan King » Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:31 pm

Prophet wrote:Yup, seeing suikoden mmo would be very very nice... and the war battles would be like the one on Age of Conan Hyborian Adventures. Castles seiges, taking over a villages and much more. It would be fun.

...Well when you put it that way it seems way better, but we would probably all be like normal mercenaries or something because the masses of battles, the Factions could be from Harmonia all the way to Highland...Like a faction for every major place.
"The duel with Genkaku.... It continues here....."
-Han Cunningham

"This is your final test... Can you win this time, Riou?"
-Leon Silverburg

Siel Avadon
Posts: 357
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2005 4:37 pm
Location: Malmö, Sweden

Re: Suikoden MMORPG

Postby Siel Avadon » Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:33 am

Well just think about all crazy jobs a Suikoden MMORPG could have, Dancer....cook, bard...
Jeane, The Marilyn Monroe of Suikoden.

User avatar
Mikain Clan King
Posts: 439
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:32 pm
Location: Playing games on my computer

Re: Suikoden MMORPG

Postby Mikain Clan King » Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:34 pm

Gambler, Mercenary, Solider, Monk, Doctor, Bowmann, Gunner, not to mention all the normal classes in MMOs....yeah this game would take a while but be very interesting...I could go on for a while but topics arn't supposed to just post stuff as a list. How do you think it would be like as in payment? Do you think it'd be P2P (pay to play) or F2P with an item shop that most games are getting these days? Personally I think It would have to be F2P with an item shop because I doubt anyone would buy a game that they know nothing about the story, so how would they thrive? ...but there could be like 20 different classes, maybe that would get alot of people.
"The duel with Genkaku.... It continues here....."
-Han Cunningham

"This is your final test... Can you win this time, Riou?"
-Leon Silverburg

User avatar
ninjaluc79
Posts: 845
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2005 10:45 pm
Location: The Island Nations
Contact:

Re: Suikoden MMORPG

Postby ninjaluc79 » Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:14 am

Mikain Clan King wrote:
Prophet wrote:Yup, seeing suikoden mmo would be very very nice... and the war battles would be like the one on Age of Conan Hyborian Adventures. Castles seiges, taking over a villages and much more. It would be fun.

...Well when you put it that way it seems way better, but we would probably all be like normal mercenaries or something because the masses of battles, the Factions could be from Harmonia all the way to Highland...Like a faction for every major place.


Well, yeah, I agree, because if everyone has a chance of being a TR bearer in that game, then that would pretty end up in a nasty power-leveling battle. I would want an MMO similar to Grand Chase or Rakion for this one.

So maybe we can create our character, then determine his/her birthdate and place of birth, then from that we can either have Viki teleport us to any of the six wars featured in the whole series (S1-5 and ST) or on the Suikoverse World Wars, should it happen after S3. Or we can limit the wars we can join through our characters' birthdates. Personally, I would want the first one. Then we can choose our faction.

For the Dunan War for example, you can choose between the Dunan Army and the Highland Army.
For the Second Fire Bringer War, you can pick between the new Fire Bringer and the Destroyers.
For the Sun Rune War, you can pick between the Royalist Army of Falena and the Godwin faction.

Next, we will determine either the job class, weapon, starting stats, or any combination of the three.
Personally, I would like all three. Then maybe the race, but the job classes are limited to each race, with the humans as the most versatile.
It's not all about knowledge, but it helps.


Return to “Future Suikoden News and Speculation”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests