Suikoden MMORPG

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

ninjaluc79 wrote:The SOD's? Hmm... let's see...

There are only 27 True Runes... and there maybe TRs which have more than one aspect, like the rune of Beginning... but we exclude Circle Rune, Gate Rune, Beast Rune, and other runes which can't be inherited by Suikoden protagonists. We are left at less than 24 TRs, and RB has two aspects, making it less than 25.

Say there are 25 inheritors to each TR, then if each inheritor has 108 followers including themselves, that makes 2,700 players. And I'm pretty sure that players will reach 3,000 (RoK has more than 20,000!), so SOD's will not really work like son michael said, but unites do work here.

Or maybe like this, the story maybe about a war between all the nations in the Suikoverse, and the protagonists of GS games may be GM-controlled who go out searching for followers only within his/her own continent through an event game. Instead of performing tests for an SOD to join the protagonists' group, the 'TR inheritors' themselves give a test open for all players. When they pass the test, they will become SODs, the sorry flunkers can serve their own country by serving at the inheritors' castles, but they will only be known as the citizens of their own country.
However, the flunkers can go back to the process again, as long as the inheritors haven't recruited their 107 players yet.

Whaddaya think?
You don't need SOD's. There is more to Suikoden than gathering SoD's. I mean if a MMORPG is ever to get released its not going to be with SoD's
Buff

Post by Buff »

Wraith wrote:
ninjaluc79 wrote:The SOD's? Hmm... let's see...

There are only 27 True Runes... and there maybe TRs which have more than one aspect, like the rune of Beginning... but we exclude Circle Rune, Gate Rune, Beast Rune, and other runes which can't be inherited by Suikoden protagonists. We are left at less than 24 TRs, and RB has two aspects, making it less than 25.

Say there are 25 inheritors to each TR, then if each inheritor has 108 followers including themselves, that makes 2,700 players. And I'm pretty sure that players will reach 3,000 (RoK has more than 20,000!), so SOD's will not really work like son michael said, but unites do work here.

Or maybe like this, the story maybe about a war between all the nations in the Suikoverse, and the protagonists of GS games may be GM-controlled who go out searching for followers only within his/her own continent through an event game. Instead of performing tests for an SOD to join the protagonists' group, the 'TR inheritors' themselves give a test open for all players. When they pass the test, they will become SODs, the sorry flunkers can serve their own country by serving at the inheritors' castles, but they will only be known as the citizens of their own country.
However, the flunkers can go back to the process again, as long as the inheritors haven't recruited their 107 players yet.

Whaddaya think?
You don't need SOD's. There is more to Suikoden than gathering SoD's. I mean if a MMORPG is ever to get released its not going to be with SoD's
kind of like tactics.tactics wasn't about the 108 sods.cause there wasn't 108 sods,there was only 60.
Night

Post by Night »

Well, technically there weren't any SODs (assuming once Suikoden IV was over then they were no longer SODs). Around 60 characters yes. But no SODs.
Ice has formed and there's snow between the tracks/ And I have seen the surface tear and I can't look back/ And cool low sun has blinded you for days from horizon to horizon can I dream this all away
ninjaluc79

Post by ninjaluc79 »

Yeah, you maybe right, but how could you come to experience the power of the TRs? There should be an event for acquiring TRs, then. Those who win in that event must have the TRs... kind of search for TR inheritors or something...
Karayan_Fighter

Post by Karayan_Fighter »

I dont know if anyone mentioned this but maybe the 108 stars of destiny can be a guild thing. Like you can only have 108 people in your guild.
Ranarldo

Post by Ranarldo »

If there were guilds that became the 108 SODs then there would have to be an assigned star to each member. I think that idea is a great one, but the implications of actually doing it seem unreal. Just think, say there are over a 100 guilds, just that, and look at how much work there is then. And if every guild had a hero. Then do they get true runes? and would that mean there could be only 27 guilds? i donno. im just rambling
"I find my peace in the eye of the storm"
hoon

Post by hoon »

Suikoden MMORPG would be very interesting! Here are some of my ideas:

Magic should be similar to what the Suikoden games already offer; through affinities. The more you level up on a certain rune, more skills can be gained through it. There should also be a prereq for certain runes. For example, if you wanted to use Mother Earth Rune, your affinity with Earth has to be at a certain level, or maybe based on a grade by using and leveling up on the Earth rune and this would work for almost all runes.

Here are my idea on how to level them up. Everytime you level up, you can put a point in to a certain element (just like majority of MMORPGs). After that element gains enough points, you gain a higher grade. So everyone begins from the grade F and it'd go all the way up to A. Also, you'd gain new skills as you level up. Once you reach a certain grade and gain higher affinity with that rune, you can start using more advance runes like Fire -> Rage, Water -> Flowing, etc. Higher affinity also would let you cast a spell faster.

Two people using two different elemental magic can execute a whole new magic, just like in Suikoden games. However, this would require the both players to have a high affinity with their runes or else the magic will fail. Having a higher affinity increases the chance of having a successful unite magic.

Affinity should play a larger role but I can't think of anything else right now.

Since there will be different classes, I guess it'd be unfair for mages to let everyone use magic. So my solution would be to have melee character's magic be special skills based on the rune's element I.E one of the basic ability would be to change the weapon's elemental property. Other than that, runes should play a same role for every class.

Runes should be expensive and advanced runes should be worth more than anything else in the game.

All characters should have a preset unite attack which is assigned by classes. You'd gain new unite attacks as you gain levels based on your class. So in a sense, you can do a unite with almost everyone. For example, one of knight class and a cleric/priest class's unite attack would be an attack where they both attack and gain some HP at the sametime. My idea would be to make it so that you can only unite with party members so the game puts some importance in party leveling. Also, it might be more interesting to put a "unite" gauge in the game. That way, you can't just keep using unite over and over. Stronger unites would use up more unite points (obviously). Unites also shouldn't be limited to two party members but rather up to 6. However, using 6 member unite use up large ammounst of unite points for everyone. UP(unite points) would be better if they couldn't be replenished with items and be only regenerated automatically or if you decide to sleep in a inn.
ninjaluc79

Post by ninjaluc79 »

Then the TRs should be given only to the worthy ones... Have them find Leknaat. She should appear randomly on the whole suikoverse... for example, if she appears at the shrine in Toto, then the runes to be taken are the two aspects of the TRB. Or when you are in the Island Nations, a certain hostile character challenges everyone in the country. You saly him, and the TRP is dropped. The one who picks it up is the TRP inheritor. After sometime, or when the TR bearer's guild disbands, some TRs should be rollbacked...

My ideas on how would the elemental spells look like are:

Fire, Rage and TFR could have mostly AoE spells;
Water, Flowing, and TWaterR could have mostly healing spells
(breath of ice would be the initial offensive spell of these runes;
and you would like to add the mother ocean, the resurrection spell)
Lightning, Thunder, and TLR could have mostly 1-target spells, perfect
for magic warriors;
Earth, M.Earth, and TER could have mostly buff skills, clerics are clerics
when these are combined with the water runes.
Wind, Cyclone, and TWindR could have a mixture of spells, wind of sleep,
healing wind, the shredding, funeral wind, name them all.

Nice ideas, hoon. /no1
Harmonian Bishop Sasarai

Post by Harmonian Bishop Sasarai »

True runes are cool but having someone who is obviosly superior to every other char in the game would be no fun. That was one of the downfalls of SWG because of the uber jedi. Instead every truly deserving person should get one of the rip off versions of each true rune ex. darkness is the ripe off of souleater and shield is ripe off of bright shield rune. There are also more or they could creat more like a ripe off of the moon rune.
ninjaluc79

Post by ninjaluc79 »

Even offsprings of TRs can do...

For example, players can use high-order elemental runes, i.e. Rage, Flowing, etc., provided that they reach a certain level of mastery of their lower versions.

I guess GS is more than just TRs. In tactics, I can't even see a TR there.
So offsprings of TRs, like the Shield rune from the Bright Shield Rune or the Elemental Sword Runes from the Black Sword Rune, are well better off, so exploring the Suikoverse can be as fun as it can be.

BTW, how can players regenerate their MP if its not like 897/916 but like
MP 8/9 4/5 2/3 1/1 ? Will it look sound if an online game have characters who have MP consisting of 4 levels? What could the regeneration rate be?
Would it be like 5-10 minutes before your L4 MP regenerates if you have high MAG attribute?

And also one thing: HP will be usually 3 digits, though it can exceed 1000.
Well, actually, it isn't a problem, since monster's stats can be tolerable.
But the point is: How much HP would monsters normally have at different levels? Is it okay if bosses have 50k-75k HP or more, or Level 58 Bronzems have like 15k+ HP?

Boss monsters in Dunan may include the Mist Monster for beginners, the two-headed snake in the Sindar Ruins, the Pest Rat in the Two River Sewers, and would anyone dare to try Luca Blight and his White Wolf Army in the forest near North Window, Gorudo in the Rockaxe Dungeon or the Beast Rune in L'Renouille Castle?

Whose side are you on? (Geez, similar to Rising Force Online)
*Republic of Toran
*City-State of Dunan
*Matilda Knights
*Kingdom of Highland
*Holy Kingdom of Harmonia
*Grasslands
*Zexen Knights
*Island Nations
*Queendom of Falena

Did I forget something else?
It's not all about knowledge, but it helps.
spiderlance

Post by spiderlance »

Camaro Free Kights
Maxamillion Knights

8)
ninjaluc79

Post by ninjaluc79 »

yes... naw... whose side are you on?

*Republic of Toran
*City-State of Dunan
*Matilda Knights
*Kingdom of Highland
*Holy Kingdom of Harmonia
*Grasslands
*Zexen Knights
*Island Nations
*Queendom of Falena
*Free Knights of Camaro
*Maximillian Knights
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

You should keep it to Factions and not involve large states and countrys because most of the time Factions/guilds are goverened by those country's.

You could give the choice for wich Country(Grasslands, Dunan, Toran, etc...) and also what Guild/Faction( Howling Voice Guild, Camaro Free Knights, Maximillion Knights.). Also know that the Grasslands may be united but every tribe still retain their uniqueness(I mean one of them are Ducks!), it would be better to note the Clan they come from specificely in the case of The Grasslands.
ninjaluc79

Post by ninjaluc79 »

Well then, Factions belonging to the same country can be treated as one...
I mean, in wars between two nations, one's own factons must unite to defeat the other...

Yes, you're right, wraith. Choose your country, then choose your clan, guild, of faction... XD
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

ninjaluc79 wrote:Well then, Factions belonging to the same country can be treated as one...
I mean, in wars between two nations, one's own factons must unite to defeat the other...

Yes, you're right, wraith. Choose your country, then choose your clan, guild, of faction... XD
Factions within a certain country can defect. Yet a country can't defect against itself. If there is a war(Matilda VS [Insert country of choice]) the White Knights might defect to the other side. Eventhough thats unlikely.