Suikoden Tactics - great voice acting?

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
Sovereign

Suikoden Tactics - great voice acting?

Post by Sovereign »

I was reading a PSM a few days ago and saw a review up for Suikoden Tactics. It is mentioned in the review that one of the games strong points was a superb voice over job.

It this ends up being the case, it is quite a shock with all the poor voice over jobs being done for rpg localizations (Growlanser Generations, Shining Force Neo, etc.)

This could spell good news for voice acting in later Suikoden installments - giving more compellingly voiced dialogue to complement story development in future Suikodens.
CKTurbo128

Post by CKTurbo128 »

That's great to hear that Suikoden Tactics will have excellent voice acting.

I just only hope that the main hero (Kyril) won't be a "mute" like the Suikoden IV hero. Conversations in Suikoden IV that involved the hero seemed a bit awkward because there was no spoken dialogue for him. :p
The Legend of Suikoden
Yoon's Corner (Formerly The Legend of Suikoden Message Board)
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Kyril has a name, and such he isn't "mute".

Even Hero IV has a good deal of talking in this game, but none of his lines are voice-acted (except during your first visit to Razril, when he's still a child).
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

I think the silent person for this game is Yohn. Unlike Tir, Riou, and Lazlo, however, she seems to be an actual mute, instead of just a person where you can't directly see what they are saying.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Re: Suikoden Tactics - great voice acting?

Post by Oppenheimer »

I think the voice acting in Suikoden V was a great addition and tactics lead the way for it. I think they improved upon Suikoden IV's voice acting because there aren't those uncomfortable pauses in between characters.

With voice acting I agree that it does make the mute characters stand out even more. The Prince seemed like he really was a mute, nodding all the time. They should at least have made him say the lines after you chose them (ala Mass Effect).
KC_MCDOHL

Re: Suikoden Tactics - great voice acting?

Post by KC_MCDOHL »

I'm not sure, from what I remember Suikoden IV's was better than Suikoden V's voice acting. In fairness, I have only played Suikoden V once so may need to play it again