A Sindar Suikoden?

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
LunasMeow

A Sindar Suikoden?

Post by LunasMeow »

What if konami made a Suikoden where you play as on of the 'oh so mysterious' Sindar? It would be far in the past of course, but since these are the oldest people we know of in the Suiko world, it could provide a lot of insights to the games to say the least.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

If by people you mean race, then these aren't the oldest people we know of. Vampires hold that title.
pesmerga786

Post by pesmerga786 »

Yeah, I'd love to know more about Sindar or Cindar lol
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

Technically, the Sindar are the oldest race we know of. I only say this becaus eeven Sierra Mikain, the mother of all vampires, seems to have heard about the Sindar long ago when she first received the Blue Moon Rune. Also, the Kingdom of Aronia was established long before Harmonia which was born in IS 0 and Sierra was somewhere near 100 years old at that time, there were Sindar Ruins in Aronia before they fell to Hikusaak.

Also, Sierra uses the Sindar language to utilize runic magic. Therefore, it could be assumed that through history and reasoning through the facts that the Sindar were around long before vampires. It seems like they were most definitely the first civilized race of the Suikoden World. But, after all that, Sierra is certainly the oldest person written down in official history that we have been given so far and thus Jowy is correct.

As for the topic, I'd be interested in playing as a Sindar, but it also seems a little over done. They are obviously the most influential race known to the world, but I look to them as more of research material and material to move the plot along. I don't think that they are meant to have an active role in the series or to be so much as showcased. Sure, I would certainly love to know a little more about them, though. I would just like to focus on the main aspect of the story and I know they will fit in there somewhere.
Night

Post by Night »

Perhaps there would be a final descendent floating around somewhere, just like Aeris in FFVII?
Ice has formed and there's snow between the tracks/ And I have seen the surface tear and I can't look back/ And cool low sun has blinded you for days from horizon to horizon can I dream this all away
Viki

Post by Viki »

Maybe there might be a research on the Sindar by some scientists and a group of students are sent on a field trip and on of d kids find something and something happens and well so on and so fort lol
O.k, o.k, o.k don't sneeeze, don't sneeze, no, no NOOOOOOOOO!! Aaa AAACCHHHHHOOOO!!!!!
UUUhhhhh where am I this time?
Silvermouse

Post by Silvermouse »

Or maybe a pair of Sindar youths who stumble upon a portal to the future. They could hold the key to translating a recently discovered Sindar prophecy, perhaps.
Stan

Post by Stan »

I think it would be cool to play as the Sindar (or Cindar, which ever you choose!) or at the very least one becomes a SoD soon, but they will probably have a game about them since their leader has a True Rune, or so everyone believes, on his forehead.
POSITVE THOUGHT FOR THE DAY.
When you feel that nobody loves you,
nobody cares for you,
everyone is ignoring you,
and people are jealous of you.
You should really ask yourself....
Am I TOO sexy?
LunasMeow

Post by LunasMeow »

Or what if the Sindar turned out to be the final enemy in the series and not Kikkusak like everyone thinks. Perhaps he's just collecting runes to prepare for them? You know the ends justify the means and all that?
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

LunasMeow wrote:Or what if the Sindar turned out to be the final enemy in the series and not Kikkusak like everyone thinks. Perhaps he's just collecting runes to prepare for them? You know the ends justify the means and all that?
First of all its Hikusaak.

Anyway Sindar are probably not going to be implemented in that way.You MIGHT be able to go back in time to witness an event or 2 or perhaps get a cutscene about an event in the intro or end.But I seriously doubt the Sindar age will ever be a playable timeline.
Stan

Post by Stan »

Your probably right about the going back in time to see some cut scenes but it would be a surprise if the Sindar where the final boss, although it wouldn't make much sence if they where.
nobody cares for you,
Am I TOO sexy?
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

I expect the Sindars to be a kind of a hidden Third "force" in the war wich is revealed at the end. Like the AI in Fahrenheit/Indigo Prohpecy. And a Sindar or Hikusaak( or any other person for that matter) infused with Sindar power(Rune of change, technique, some sort of artifact,etc..) would make sense as final boss for any new Suikoden(preferably the last.).
Stan

Post by Stan »

I'm not sure about the "infusing" thing but maybe they would have found the secret of the Sindar, or something like that. Don't forget though, in SUikoden 2 you find a plant that heals you, so the Sindar can't be all that bad.
nobody cares for you,
Am I TOO sexy?
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

Stan wrote:I'm not sure about the "infusing" thing but maybe they would have found the secret of the Sindar, or something like that. Don't forget though, in SUikoden 2 you find a plant that heals you, so the Sindar can't be all that bad.

eh... Just because the Sindar had knowedge of herbalism dousn't mean they are 'good'. Since they are cursed by The Rune Of Change they might want to destroy it. Thats motief enough isn't it?
Stan

Post by Stan »

I don't think the Sindar will be evil. But I don't think they will be good either, they may just be there to "watch the show" of how the Suikoden world changes. They are probably just nautral and maybe some will aid you in one of the games.
nobody cares for you,
Am I TOO sexy?