I Doubt Harmonia Will Be Used

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
boosty

I Doubt Harmonia Will Be Used

Post by boosty »

Im sorry if theres already been this thread but i couldnt find it, so plz redirect from here to the other. Anyway, does anybody else get the feeling that we will never see harmonia? I mean, theres just too much riding on the place. What if they made a game like suikoden 4 set in harmonia? We would all be screaming bloody murder. It just seems that too many ideas of the nation have come out before suikoden 4 for the new creators to produce a game set there. What do u guys think?
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

of course they will make a game based in harmonia! my guess is it will be the final installment in the series, the only way they wouldnt make a game set in harmonia is if they stopped making the series altogether
RageRune

Post by RageRune »

I agree with son micheal, Harmonia is too important in the series to not have an installment. The final Suikoden could take place in Harmonia, or at least a part of it. Only then would the mysteries of Hikusaak and the Circle Rune be in a game.
boosty

Post by boosty »

thats how i felt too, and i really do hope there is, but it just seems like theyre trying to push away from areas that have been shown, or mentioned for that matter, in moderate detail. I mean, the island nations had nothing in the S 1 2 and 3 and falena has only ever had georg prime mentioned, along with sindar, but nohing else. Harmonia on the other hand has been seen and weve learnt a lot about it.
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

Well, I don't think there goal is to make multiple installments in the same areas that we've already seen. I think that would be bland and take away from the suikoden aura. Also, we do know a lot about Harmonia, but we don't know as much as there is to know, that's why most people want to see a future installment to be within Harmonia so we can learn even more about it. There are so many interesting things in this country that we know so very little about. Plus, we've only seen two places in Harmonia; the Inner Sanctum of Crystal Valley and the border town of Caleria. I hardly consider that as us seeing Harmonia; One room and a riff-raff town.

Also, it's not like they pulled the Island Nations or Falena out of thin air like they did Kooluk or Highland.
I hope everything is going delicious.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

boosty wrote:thats how i felt too, and i really do hope there is, but it just seems like theyre trying to push away from areas that have been shown, or mentioned for that matter, in moderate detail. I mean, the island nations had nothing in the S 1 2 and 3 and falena has only ever had georg prime mentioned, along with sindar, but nohing else. Harmonia on the other hand has been seen and weve learnt a lot about it.
There were multiple mentions of Island Nations and Falena in Suikoden II. In fact, they were mentioned as much as Zexen. (Harmonia and Grasslands had more due to them aiding Highland directly)

As for creating new countries out of "thin air", it's expected. We barely know any other countries besides Scarlet Moon in the first game, and the world has continued to expand as more installments are produced. Not forget to mention that I'm definitely expecting more to come, especially to fill the void of general regions like the Southlands and the Western Continent.
boosty

Post by boosty »

I understand what you guys mean, but i think i didnt make my meaning clear. In terms of Falena etc., there was no specific images of, say, culture and clothing etc. i mean, killey and lorelai didnt have to represent the masses with their attire. But when it comes to harmonia there is a distinct similarity between clothing, character art etc. As we have a new group of ppl making this game, i meant that they will most likely continue to choose destinations that allow them to properly use their imagination without having any relative restrictions where fans may expect them to adhere to the traditional artwork, clothing etc. of the region. And with Harmonia i think they do have this to an extent simply because we have seen the regions in the series. I mean, it would be an oddity if we suddenly had a game based on harmonia and their cities were entirely different from what we've seen, as was their clothing. Not to mention due to the countries old age over 400 years this attire has not changed significantly, so it would be difficult for them to do this.
Basel

Post by Basel »

It would be foolish of Konami not to release an installment that is focused on Harmonia. Harmonia was mentioned in all Suikoden installments so far and it participated in all major battles except for Suikoden IV.

[spoiler]Not to forget the fact that Harmonia controls quite a large number of True Runes and that their greates Bishop Hikussak is seeking the other True Runes.[/spoiler]
"The real issue is not TALENT as an independent element, but talent in relationship to WILL, DESIRE, AND PERSISTENCE. Talent without these things VANISHES and even modest talent with those characteristics GROWS..." -Milton Glaser
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

Harmonia was neither mentioned nor played a part in Suikoden I.
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

Although you are correct that Harmonia wasn't mentioned in Suikoden 1, but I hope you are aware that Gregminster was once Harmonian territory. Also, the Rugners once served under Harmonian rule. Also, Windy's Gate Rune clan was massacred due to orders from Hikusaak the ruler of Harmonia. So, basically, the whole entire events that happened in Suikoden 1 trace back to Harmonia. So, I'd say in a way Harmonia was directly involved with the events and played a significant role.
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

Yeah I was aware that Toran (well, Rupanda/Gregminster at least) used to be part of Harmonia. And what you say is true, but Harmonia played no part in the actual game. What I mean is, pretend the first Suikoden is the only game in the series and no sequels have been made yet, after playing the game you wouldn't have thought "It's Harmonia's fault that Windy was so evil!" because we didn't know of Harmonia's existence until the second game. That's what I meant.
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

Then, I agree to some degree.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

There was a mention of Harmonia in Suikoden IV. As far as direct involvement in major battles, the fact that neither I or IV involved Harmonia still stands.

Well, that leaves II and III. The setting of III included a small part of Harmonia, so their involvement was a given. As for II, we know that Highland not only shares a border with them, and but also historically a long-standing ally of the Holy Kingdom. Hence, with these two, Harmonian involvement was pretty much natural.

I have little doubts that there will be a game using Harmonia as its main location, but who knows when. As for now, I'm personally enjoying the amount of time given to the other less developed countries in the series, because we already know too much about Harmonia even if we have never visited the Holy Kingdom beyond Caleria and Le Buque.
Basel

Post by Basel »

demon eye wrote:Although you are correct that Harmonia wasn't mentioned in Suikoden 1, but I hope you are aware that Gregminster was once Harmonian territory. Also, the Rugners once served under Harmonian rule. Also, Windy's Gate Rune clan was massacred due to orders from Hikusaak the ruler of Harmonia. So, basically, the whole entire events that happened in Suikoden 1 trace back to Harmonia. So, I'd say in a way Harmonia was directly involved with the events and played a significant role.
I did not know that. Where did you get these peices of information from?
"The real issue is not TALENT as an independent element, but talent in relationship to WILL, DESIRE, AND PERSISTENCE. Talent without these things VANISHES and even modest talent with those characteristics GROWS..." -Milton Glaser
True Wind Bearer

Post by True Wind Bearer »

Basel wrote:
demon eye wrote:Although you are correct that Harmonia wasn't mentioned in Suikoden 1, but I hope you are aware that Gregminster was once Harmonian territory. Also, the Rugners once served under Harmonian rule. Also, Windy's Gate Rune clan was massacred due to orders from Hikusaak the ruler of Harmonia. So, basically, the whole entire events that happened in Suikoden 1 trace back to Harmonia. So, I'd say in a way Harmonia was directly involved with the events and played a significant role.
I did not know that. Where did you get these peices of information from?
Here's a good source regarding Gregmisnter, the Rugners and Harmonia.
Suikosource Character Listing wrote:Windy
Origin: Village of the Gate Rune Clan
Position: Court Magician
Events: Destruction of the Village of the Gate Rune Clan, Destruction of the Village of the Hidden Rune, Destruction of the Village of Lycanthropes, Gate Rune Wars
Windy was born in the Village of the Gate Rune Clan. However, her village was destroyed by Harmonia. Windy and Leknaat, who were sisters (all members of the village called each other brothers or sisters), separated the Gate Rune and fled. This incident made Windy realize that power is the only thing that could bring justice and she started to actively find ways to increase her power by acquiring other True Runes. Soon she gained two loyal subordinates, Yuber and Neclord--also owners of True Runes--and destroyed the Village of the Hidden Rune and the Village of the Lycanthropes in the process, but was unable to find True Runes during her search. In the end, she was able to befriend Barbarossa Rugner due to Windy's resemblance to Barbarossa's former wife, Claudia. Windy manipulated Barbarossa in order to find and acquire True Runes. It is a mystery why she didn't try to take Barbarossa's Sovereign Rune, but perhaps that is due to the Sovereign Rune's anti-magic nature.