Suikoden I&II, Japan exclusive?

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
Futagi

Post by Futagi »

Ah, thanks Jowy. PC and Saturn versions I never knew about. Forgot about the GBA card games^_^;; My bad.
Hello Suikoden-type people:D
Alex Delferia

Post by Alex Delferia »

I see only one thing to do.

Learning Japanese.
suikoaddict

Post by suikoaddict »

i feel bad for my self because im looking forward in playing suikoden 1 because this is the only one i did not play on playstation now they saying its will only release in japan that sucks..
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

suikoaddict wrote:i feel bad for my self because im looking forward in playing suikoden 1 because this is the only one i did not play on playstation now they saying its will only release in japan that sucks..
ebay is your friend :)

you can probably get suiko 1 for about 30-50 bucks
suikoaddict

Post by suikoaddict »

i mean do you think japan will release a US version of suikoden I and II.
because i hope they will release it or else some of suikoden fans will feal so bad... :( :( :(
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

no...I dont think suikoden 1 and 2 will ever be re released in english ever again

better get it on half.com while you have the chance
suikoaddict

Post by suikoaddict »

son_michael how sure you are that suikoden I and II will never release in US...do you have a idea why konami will not release the suikoden I and II in US
KoyuRedd

Post by KoyuRedd »

suikoaddict wrote:son_michael how sure you are that suikoden I and II will never release in US...do you have a idea why konami will not release the suikoden I and II in US
You really don't have to be a genius to figure it out. Konami never released III in Europe and they never released an English Gaiden.

Either they don't plan on doing it, or they don't feel up to it. We don't know for sure.

If they release the PSP version in the US, Europe can just import it since handhelds aren't region-specific.
[evil laugh here]
Feldoon

Post by Feldoon »

Mmm, there's a reason for Konami never releasing Suikoden III in PAL. Because of the way the text was programmed, they couldn't make a language selection. Despite the fact that a damn lot of Europeans speak English and they could have just slapped a "60Hz only" sticker on it, they didn't release it (Think Metroid Prime 2 Echoes on PAL Gamecube, it has 60hz Only thing. And Suikoden V's 60hz is pure class, as if they just left the original NTSC U/C settings in).

And the gaidens were never released because it would have cost far too much to translate them.

The PSP one probably won't be released because SCEA demands 33% (or similar) new content for rereleases. Which isn't gonna happen soon.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

if they bother to put in new features/graphics to the games they can sell decently well. something like the Mega Man and Mario rereleases. heck, Georg can now be a developed character, and if they REALLY want to make some sales, Georg can have a sidequest relating to the Suikoden V travel companions (recruitable O_O) in BOTH games.
Feldoon

Post by Feldoon »

KFCrispy wrote:if they bother to put in new features/graphics to the games they can sell decently well. something like the Mega Man and Mario rereleases. heck, Georg can now be a developed character, and if they REALLY want to make some sales, Georg can have a sidequest relating to the Suikoden V travel companions (recruitable O_O) in BOTH games.
See, that'd clinch me buying a PSP.

Although I could never un-hug my DS. D;
Night

Post by Night »

Feldoon wrote:The PSP one probably won't be released because SCEA demands 33% (or similar) new content for rereleases. Which isn't gonna happen soon.
Just wondering, does anyone actually have any proof about this SCEA policy? We had the debate ages ago briefly back in this thread but there was no definitive answer either way. I still reckon it's an urban myth, but who knows?
Ice has formed and there's snow between the tracks/ And I have seen the surface tear and I can't look back/ And cool low sun has blinded you for days from horizon to horizon can I dream this all away
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

KFCrispy wrote:if they REALLY want to make some sales, Georg can have a sidequest relating to the Suikoden V travel companions (recruitable O_O) in BOTH games.
I see one problem. Data transfer, how will the PSP games know what you called the Prince in V as there is, as far as I know, no communication available that reads the memory cards between PS2 and PSP?
Just wondering, does anyone actually have any proof about this SCEA policy? We had the debate ages ago briefly back in this thread but there was no definitive answer either way. I still reckon it's an urban myth, but who knows?
It's bullshit as there is no definite way to count 33% new content.

Would changing all the portraits to fit the other entries make 33% new content, even though it adds no actual game-content while not being in the original, count? It would certainly make for 100% new portraits.

If you consider that Suikoden I and II are their own seperate games originally you could claim Suikoden I+II has 110% new content since it added a bigger game to it.

If you add a . or ! extra to every line it should also rack up to 33% new text. Or they could just fix the translation.

Add the fact that games are re-released all the time as Platinum series and you'll see how the claim holds no water.

Sony has a policy regarding graphics though, but I don't know if it's still in effect or if it even applies to the PSP.
Pollensalta

Post by Pollensalta »

Raww Le Klueze wrote:
KFCrispy wrote:
I see one problem. Data transfer, how will the PSP games know what you called the Prince in V as there is, as far as I know, no communication available that reads the memory cards between PS2 and PSP?
Meh, they could just do like they did all throughout 5 and just call him "Prince Falenas" formally, or just "Prince."
Purr.